• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Fun Facts!

most people know about the window in Zelda's castle in OOT and how it has Mario pictures from Mario 64, but if you shoot the other window with the sling shot a guard will appear in the window and throw a bomb at you!

MW7

Most of my useless knowledge concerns the nonlinear progressions of various Zelda games.

For ALTTP: Barely anyone seems to realize that there are alternate ways to progress in several dungeons in which it seems you need the hookshot. You can actually beat dark world dungeons 1 and 3 through 7 without even entering dungeon 2. The two trickiest ones are 5 and 6. In 5 (Ice Palace) you need to progress until you get stuck, then use the magic mirror to warp to the entrance, and then you are able to progress another way with a key you gained. In dungeon 6 (Misery Mire) the first room has a large gap, but you can cross it by ramming into the first block with the pegasus boots so that the recoil pushes you over the hole in the ground.

For OOT: Most people realize that several of the dungeons can be shuffled: Forest/Fire, Fire/Water, and Shadow/Spirit. However, from my experience it seems that almost no one realizes that you can complete the Spirit Temple before the Fire Temple. People seem to assume that you need the megaton hammer in the Spirit Temple when actually it just opens up a shortcut. This allows you to complete the adult temples in the order Forest, Water, Spirit, Fire, Shadow without any glitches.

For MM: The fourth and third dungeons can be swapped because you can actually cross the octorok river by barely reaching a tree with the hookshot.

In dungeon 6 (Misery Mire) the first room has a large gap, but you can cross it by ramming into the first block with the pegasus boots so that the recoil pushes you over the hole in the ground..

Wait, what? How does that even work??

MW7

Wait, what? How does that even work??
Well you know how you bounce backwards when you run into something. You just use that to jump over a hole in the ground instead of using the hookshot. You get as close to the hole as you can without falling in, turn left very slightly (if you turn too much you'll grab the block instead of run with the boots), and then once you're airborne after running hold the control pad to the right so that you don't fall back in. It's actually not as hard as it sounds once you know what to do.

A lot of Club Nintendo members already know this, but on the 2011 Gold Elite status Calendar insert, they misspelled November. They had spelled it "Nobember". I guess this is only Zelda related because Ocarina of Time was shown on the November 2012 insert.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Fun Fact

Did you notice that almost all the middle bosses names in Twilight Princess starts with the letter "D".
The exceptions are: Ook, Aerofolz and Phantom Zant.

The rest are: Dangoro, Deku Toad, Death Sword, Darkhammer and Dark Nut.

Most of my useless knowledge concerns the nonlinear progressions of various Zelda games.

That's the kind of things I do, actually... intentionally finding ways to do things in the order not intended in games that are supposedly non-linear. Another good example that I practically always use is, in Phantom Hourglass, you can clear Temple of Ice before the Goron Temple if you bomb the the color switch in the first room by the narrow pathway over the chasm instead, rather than using a bombchu.

Um... let's see... I'm going to say one other--though, I have a few in mind, I think some of them have been mentioned already. During the final battle in The Wind Waker if you take the grappling hook and L-target Princess Zelda, you'll get recovery hearts. ;p

In OoT, the original, on blocks in the dungeons, the symbol is a moon and a star. In later releases of the game, even the Gamecube version, it was changed to the Gerudo symbol because people thought it was promoting religion...I always thought it was a cool fact, because I have the original and the Gamecube version, and it would start to bother me if I kept switching back and forth between the two XD

Chiraku

Demon slayer
In Japan, Girahim was supposed to be Bishounen, in other words, GAY. In American, like with many Bishounen characters, they changed it a bit to make him act like a theatrical actor/poet. But that doesn't make up for when he begins to change into his black form... ugh!!!

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Did you know about the dying solider hidden the back alley of Hyrule Castle in OOT? It's only available after you get the Ocarina Of Time, but before you get the master sword for the first time.

Also, if you wear the bremen mask while fighting the Stalfos soilders in MM, they'll march with you

LTTP was originally going to be called "Triforce Of The Gods," but was censored by Nintendo of America

Fierce Deity was originally going to be called "Fierce God," but was also changed due to censorship (Why is saying Deity okay but saying God isn't?)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
(most people probably knew this ,but) It is said that those of the Hylian race have skyward pointed ears in order to hear the words of the goddesses

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Did you know that in Majora's Mask, you can open the chest with 100 rupees, put it in the bank, save, do it again, and get infinite rupees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom