• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda- A playable character in BotW 2? (speculations)

What's the possibility?

• Total voters
Btw, we're talking about Zelda being playable pls don't derail it. we can discuss it here
Speaking of which I have found something depressing:
View attachment 41985
We mustn't forget that the trailer also portraits Zelda falling down. which has a potential danger of Zelda being portrayed as a damsel in distress......AGAIN. What do you think about this?

Maybe she will be possed by Ganon again, there's the possibility that a spirit helps her and she goes to a mission to get the Triforce or part of it, like Skyward sword, but we could play as her(maybe only after finishing the game as Link?).

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Btw, we're talking about Zelda being playable pls don't derail it. we can discuss it here
View attachment 41985
We mustn't forget that the trailer also portraits Zelda falling down. which has a potential danger of Zelda being portrayed as a damsel in distress......AGAIN. What do you think about this?

I think it would be a wasted opportunity, but it would also align with the non-interview Nintendo gave on the subject, where they answered zero questions.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
View attachment 41985

There is also there part where Link is being controlled bye that glowing hand btw. Which could mean Link saves Zelda, and Zelda saves Link. They work TOGETHER to destroy Ganon and restore peace to Hyrule. Honestly, that seems like a really good plot to me, and it should’ve been that way from the first game. But I will probably enjoy the game whatever happens :)

I do support Zelda being playable, and I want it to happen

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
ok @Bowsette Plus-Ultra if nintendo decides to make zelda the protoganist, what mechanics do you expect to see?

i would like to see her use magic

I think some dedicated magic would be cool. Perhaps Zelda can use spells in lieu of the runes. Melee combat should stick around, but maybe change it in order to incorporate magic. If it were down to me, I'd remove shields and replace them with a different mechanic related to Zelda's abilities.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend

In this debate they are speculating how botw would be if Zelda as playable.

It is easy to imagine a version of Breath of the Wild with a story set after Link’s death one hundred years ago. The player could take control of Zelda after Link’s death, allowing them to experience Zelda’s adventure rather than Link’s journey, far into the future. Would Zelda participate in battles against Guardians before confronting Calamity Ganon at Hyrule Castle? Or would she rely on her divine powers for a different kind of quest? The story possibilities are endless!

The bottom idea is the same. Would Link die in BotW2? Would we take control of Zelda and finish the series or will a third sequel be made? "Possibilities are endless TM".

I think she probably will be. I've heard that cutting hair means becoming a new person or something like that, In all honestly that's prob not evidence but just something to consider. If anything you might play as her during some points in the story, then post game be able to switch to who you wanna play (During the main story you would obviously play as Link for the majority of the time). I don't like this Zelda, but I feel they might make her playable.

I hope that the game opens with two vague symbols and whichever you choose represents in a weird offshoot link or Zelda and hopefully a third option.
and after each boss, you can switch or stay the same each having there unique abilities and buffs that you can upgrade making it crucial to upgrade your entire team or else certain abilities for certain bosses will hold you back

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I will say that the footage we saw is rather limited. Playable Zelda isn't entirely ruled out, despite the trailer showing her falling into a hole. Especially since we don't know where in the game that is.

That said, I don't expect playable Zelda anyway.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I will say that the footage we saw is rather limited. Playable Zelda isn't entirely ruled out, despite the trailer showing her falling into a hole. Especially since we don't know where in the game that is.

That said, I don't expect playable Zelda anyway.

I wouldn't hold out for it. I'm betting Zelda disappears from the game after the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom