• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda: A Movie? Or Too Big a Risk?

I don't see what the fuss is about, there is no problem with a Zelda movie at all. It will be successful, but not as much as the games. Ocarina of Time and Twilight princess certainly shout out 'Movie Material', plus the movie will be non-canon. What I don't get is why people really like the Manga yet they loath the idea of a movie, the manga is pretty much a movie in comic book form.

Last edited:
While the whole idea sounds brilliant (heck knows how many times I wanted it to happen), we just have to face the fact that practically every movie based on video games and game franchises end up being really bad to watch (Super Mario Bros being a solid example of this, among others).

That doesn't mean that it's impossible, as long as it corresponds to the franchise just right, has the right cast, a resourceful plot and other things that make a good movie, then it can be done.

The IGN trailer can be a good inspiration, although maybe not in choice of actors (Ganon looks good though). I do feel however that the movie is better off in computer animation (like Final Fantasy: Advent Children) for many reasons, mainly because there wouldn't be any available cast to portray the characters correctly.

I'd say that making a movie on Zelda might end up taking the same route as other video game-movies, but then, as a huge Zelda fan, I'd be willing to see it and give it a try.

Love the opinions people, a lot of good points, and a lot of ppl seem to reference the ign trailer and i agree with that. Super Mario i will say i see as...well....not a hit, it wasnt anything like the game, so of course it wasnt viewed as awesome. Anyway, great discussion everyone, i think everyone likes a pat on the back :), feel free to continue commenting on this thread, as i do look back on them.

The IGN trailer can be a good inspiration, although maybe not in choice of actors (Ganon looks good though). I do feel however that the movie is better off in computer animation (like Final Fantasy: Advent Children) for many reasons, mainly because there wouldn't be any available cast to portray the characters correctly.
You should see Smosh's Zelda rap.its done very well and the costumes looks Way better then IGN's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom