• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Most Hated Boss/Secret Boss In A Game

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I hate Bowser from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He is the easiest boss in history. Get a mini 'shroom, jump up to the wall on the left, and wall jump over him and on to the switch. Pathetic.

I also hate the Egg Dealer from Shadow the Hedgehog. As if the game wasn't bad enough, it gives me a boss that takes damage determined by chance. Good job, Sonic Team!

I really, really hate Dulhallan from Golden Sun. He's just hard. AND HE USES MY OWN DJINN AGAINST ME!!! :Edjinn:

The worst of them was that Monsters Inc. reject Tentalus. It looks like pixar took a dump into a garbage bin and BAM it was Tentalus.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm gonna have to go with Moldorm from A Link to the Past. The fact that you have to restart the entire battle when/if he knocks you off the platform is incredibly annoying. I got knocked off so many times that I actually gave up fighting him/her for 3 months! I actually think Moldorm is my least favourite thing in the entire game!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
As others have said, the Imprisoned represents the most hated boss, easily. Nintendo tried to make him this imposing colossus bent on destroying the Temple above, but he turned out to be a hackneyed addition to what could have been implemented far better without it. Just consider how the "fight" takes place: Mr. Scaly ascends a ramp and Link has to slash his toes and the spike in his hear in order to slow him down... If that does scream absurd, I don't know what does. It's bad enough Link puts up with this nuisance once, but three or six times is just ludicrous.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
Sigma from Mega Man Xtreme(for the time being) for two reasons,one the screen is smaller so you don't have enough room to dodge his attacks,and two because I already fought him in Mega Man X why do I need to fight him again,did he just think to himself "hmm...I'll use my beam sword thingy because that worked so well last time."...I hate Mega Man Xtreme...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I hate Bowser from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He is the easiest boss in history. Get a mini 'shroom, jump up to the wall on the left, and wall jump over him and on to the switch. Pathetic.

What do you do for form 2 then?

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
There is either a Mega Mushroom or a Fire Flower shortly after you hit the switch. You just grab those and off you go!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That big, tough weapon from Final Fantasy 8, the Omega Weapon I think, in Ultimecia's Castle. I was woefully ill-prepared for that fight... Ultimecia herself was easy as hell, my Squall single-handedly beat her basically. I think she didn't even survive a single Lionheart. But, Omega Weapon... yeah, he could take them. :(

Going to have to say any superboss from the Final Fantasy series. While they're awesome design and personality-wise, and didn't necessarily "hate" them, they were far too difficult gameplay-wise. Not only that, but their respective battles were extremely time-consuming and ofttimes monotonous.

Yiazmat of Final Fantasy XII literally took me several hours to beat, and that's after I had already died many times prior. Hell Wyrm from the same game wasn't even a superboss, if memory serves, but god was it difficult. And then there was Ultima, who kept effing casting Reverse. Oh, and how can I forget Omega Mark XII...?

And this little guy....

And I have yet to scratch the surface...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Gaia(Sonic Unleashed HD)
Time eater(Sonic Generations)
Devil Doom(Shadow the hedgehog)

Those 3 final bosses are the worst thing I've ever experienced on a video game.

CPainter307

Lost Woods Explorer
Hmm... I'm gonna have to start off with Gyorg from Majora's Mask. Just... not fun, and almost broken at times. You either barely miss the fish, or the camera screws you over. And beyond that, I hated Clayton and Stealth Sneak from Kingdom Hearts. It's not even necessarily designed to be a difficult boss fight, but between Clayton's rifle/constant healing and Stealth Sneak's eye beams, it's incredibly difficult, at least for me.

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
Hermie III from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

That boss made me quit the game. Took me 30-40 minutes to defeat, then the game froze. I couldn't be arsed going back and fighting him again. Your attacks do so little damage and it's just mind-numbingly boring. His claws come out, destroy his claws, set fire to his Christmas tree back, wash, rinse, repeat. I can't take it.

Dan

The curry monster from Gunstar heroes, I can never seem to master this boss. Plus I dislike unarmed combat takes all the fun out of this game.
The particular level is set on a gameboard. You throw the dice which normally lands on 1 and 2, which means every turn is usually a boss fight, however I always cringe when I get to the curry and rice monster block. 9/10 I always get this boss in my playthroughs.
123109curryandrice.jpg

While we are on Gunstar heroes I'm going with this boss on the second stage. One of the most frustrating bosses, especially for new players, you think you may of beaten him but he comes back a numbers of times straight after defeating him, very frustrating indeed.
Seven%20Force.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom