• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

your first negative zelda experience

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
To be honest, my first impressions of the series (well before I became a fan) were negative.

I found Wind Waker's Forsaken Fortress (the 1st dungeon) so difficult and frustrating, I gave up on the game until 6 years later. If only I knew the rest of it was so good!!

I found Twilight Princess to be a slow paced slog since it took 3 dungeons until I got warping and didn't have to do any more Tears of Light. The game got better after that.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I'm old so my memory is a bit off but I did play the classics when I was young. So If my memory wasn't so bad I'd probably say getting so easily lost in Zelda or the insane difficulty plus the unforgiving game over that sends yuo back to start in Zelda 2 Link's quest.

I'm old

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
You really sound bitter, being bitter about the praise doesn't help either I guess.
well this is coming off my middle school vibe,when i first played the game in like 7th grade-ish
this is also sort of my first experience of being disappointed by a hyped up game;sort of b/c you know,the game was over 10 years old

Tobi

Some dork
Definitely when I was trying to get the hammer in AoL... before beating the 2nd palace. Must have taken me about a 100 tries back then.

My first ever negative Legend of Zelda experience was with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I found the game to be too easy. In my honest opinion, it was not challenging enough.

My first truly negative Zelda experience? Oracle of Seasons. Now, this was the first time I played it, and now that I've played it a few more times, I love the game. But, when I first got the game on my 3DS back in April, I didn't know that OoS was action/fighting based, and OoA was puzzle based. So, I happened to choose the fighting game, when my only experience with the controls was Link's Awakening, which is now my least favorite of the GBC trio due to it being uninteresting, but that's beside the point. I SUCKED at OoS when I first played it. I died many times, I couldn't figure out the seasons without a guide, and I thought the dungeon designs were among the worst in the series because I sucked at them. I couldn't even beat Dark Dragon after all the time I put into the game. Much rage happened, and I was very scared to play OoA because I was worried it would suffer the same fate. Luckily I was wrong, and OoA was a great game and now that I've played through and beaten OoS multiple times, that game is great too.

Nowadays, I would say that the only 3 Zeldas I don't like are Zelda 1, Wind Waker, and Link's Awakening. Zelda 1 because age, Wind Waker because sailing, and terrible dungeons and island design (Earth Temple and Outset Island are an exception). Link's Awakening because I have hardly anything to say about it, good or bad. None of these games are terrible, I would still give them at least 3/5 stars. But they are overshadowed by many other Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom