• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite: Fi or Ghirahim?

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Who's your favorite? Who do you like better? Fi, your faithful partner. Or Ghirahim, your faithful enemy.:lol:

Big Octo

=^)
Fi was a unique companion and something different, but she is trumped by Ghirahim. As a boss, he was a memorable opponent. As a character, he had a winning personality. And, most importantly, he was all around fabulous.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I really like Ghirahim. A FABULOUS attitude as well as his EXQUISITE FORM and RAW BEAUTY, not to mention his FLAWLESS SKIN. He is a work of art! However, he is sadly the enemy.

I really like Fi, too. Her crystal-like beauty and her dances moves will swoon any man's heart with ease. She is also really helpful AND NOT ANNOYING AT ALL.

It's a tough choice, but I gotta go with Fi. At least Fi didn't try to kill you and bring the world to an end by reviving a dark overlord. That cost Ghirahim some points.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Tough call. I really like both of them, as them being polar opposites of each other really plays a major factor in their roles. As a helper character, I'd definitely say Fi is my favorite, but as a character in general, Ghirahim would have to take the cake. He's just such a well-balanced character, being cool and coy one moment, then cunning and ruthless the next. He couldn't have been executed any better than he was. Just a flawless character.

Fig

The Altruist
I prefer Ghirahim over Fi any day! He's such an awesome boss and a cool character in general compared to Fi. That's just my opinion so please respect my views on which character I like better, in this case, Ghirahim.

Both characters played a much more central role than I ever expected them to in the story. Upon the first unveiling of the promotional artwork for Skyward Sword, then without a subtitle speculation was rampant on the main site (likely the forums as well but I hadn't joined here yet) regarding similarities between Fi and the Fairy Queen. No one expected her to be the spirit of the Master Sword. Ghirahim, on the other hand, was a demon I suspected to be fight only twice and then fade into insignificant oblivion. I was therefore surprised as more trailers released that he was cast in the spot light. Ghirahim was a refinement of the "pawn" villain concept introduced with Zant in Twilight Princess and even transcended those bounds due to wishing to revive his master on account of his own free will.

That said, I prefer Ghirahim over Fi. After Midna's stunning character development it was hard to care for Fi. Although she finally understood the capacity of human emotion at the end of Link's epic journey, Fi was a sterile robot for most of the adventure. Midna, conversely, transformed from a selfish imp to someone willing to risk her life for the sake of an entire kingdom. It took bravery and a heart of gold to confront Ganondorf upon the defeat of his beast form. A final emotional moment was cast with the breaking of the Mirror of Twilight, a true and well rounded companion vanished into the abyss. As aforementioned Ghirahim was atonement for the weak persona that was Zant in Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong, the Usurper King certainly carried an aura of mystery but his sudden breakdown in the Palace of Twilight was completely unexpected with no prior narrative buildup. Ghirahim symbolically transformed into his true demon form with his darkening skin hue and with respect to a sky analogy could be interpreted as the darkening thunder clouds during a storm.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Ghirahim! Ghirahim! Ghirahim! Any Zelda dungeon member should know he's my favorite Skyward Sword and Zelda character!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hate both with a burning passion, but I'll give the edge to Fi. She actually helps you out and I cannot deny that (she sure is annoying though, and beeps a LOT).

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I choose Ghirahim. There was a lot more to his personality in comparison to Fi. Although he was the "bad guy" in the game, I think everyone was super interested in learning more about him, than they were of Fi. And...Fi sings horribly xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom