• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

You Guys Are Gonna Love This

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Random Person is right, the symbol predates Zelda by far more than you might expect.

It rips off a Japanese clan's family crest, in fact. The Hōjō clan, to be more specific.

This is from Wikipedia:

"The Hōjō clan (北条氏, hōjō shi?) in the history of Japan was a family who controlled the hereditary title of shikken (officially just a regent) of the Kamakura Shogunate. In practice, the family had actual governmental power, many times dictatorial, rather than Kamakura shoguns, or the Imperial Court, who were merely legal symbols. The Hōjō are also known for their defiance of the Mongols, and furthering the spread of Zen Buddhism and Bushido, but also for extreme decadence and making national decisions in secret meetings at private residences."

This is their family crest:

Hojo clan.png

M

Morningspirit23

wow i knew about the whole owl thingy but that's so cool

link would love it lol :):):):):):):):):):)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
British money doesn't have that. :C
But we have purple money and orange money and green money and...
But that's pretty cool ^^

B

Bocaj910

That's neat, but of course it's not referencing Zelda. :P As people has stated before, the triforce was based on what I think was (or is) a religious/spiritual symbol, similar to the cross and crescent moon, which have also been used in Zelda.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I tell you, there's more to it than that. I swear, every freakin' time I casually whistle the Song of Storms, it rain for a week. It's a good way to get out of weeding my Mom's garden :P.
It's kinda creepy how it appears in the dollar bill. Creepy but awsome!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
*Checks* Yup. That is still really cool though. Like others have said, that symbol is used in a lot of places other than Zelda. I'm pretty sure I've seen it elsewhere (although I cannot remember where).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom