• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox 360 or Ps3?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Don't make me laugh...XBOXLIVE allows you to communicate with your friends and people across the globe in more than one way. XBOXLIVE also has a very active marketplace that keeps us up to date on the latest games, takes advantage of the arcade with lot's of original games, and lot's more.
I'll try to list all the ways you can communicate via XBL (correct if I'm wrong, I KNOW I'll forget some)
  • Adlibs in game (e.g in Resi5, hold B and press up on D-Pad to say "Go!", B and left for "Thanks", B for "Come on", B and Down for "Wait".
  • Party Chat via Mics - You join a party and, via cross game chat, you can talk with a bunch of mates.
  • In Game 1v1 mic chat - Talk to your opponent e.g in a fighting game (PSN has this)
  • Texts - Send messages

PSN still doesn't have cross game chat. Hell, IDK if it has party chat with all in the same game. But, paying for those extra little things is stupid. It's like saying "I can talk with all my friends in the market" and "I can talk with all my friends overseas". You're still talking to your friends, location is the only real difference. Slight convenience here and there, but it's nothing that shoots XBL over PSN.

I know people who communicate with mics, with Vent, etc. Paying for XBL is saying you're a sheep who will take anything from M$, as long as you get what it is you're looking for. PC and PSN are superior because you don't have to waste money for a service that is equally as good at no extra cost.

Original games that suck, if anything. Who plays those ***** Indies, besides those with no friends online?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Mind explaining how PSN doesn't keep you up to date with the latest games , I was certain it did I thought clicking latest was a wonderful way to view the newest games on PSN ?

- Dan

I never said such a thing or implied such a thing. Just simply describing some of what the XBOXLIVE offers.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
XBOXLIVE also has a very active marketplace that keeps us up to date on the latest games[...]
^ Implying PSN doesn't.
But it doesn't matter. PSN Store is virtually the same as XBLMarketplace. They offer pretty much the same things.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I would say PS3, but that's because I strongly dislike the 360 controllers. I have tiny hands, and my hands don't wrap around it easily.
I'm also more used to PS controllers. I grew up with SPYRO THE DRAGON!!!! on the original Playstation. :3

I also have a big hate problem with Microsoft's fanbase.... Only for the simple fact that the lot of them bash Playstation, and Sony, for no real reason.
In fact, One of my (used to be) friends, (we kinda grew apart after he moved away), Is like that.
I was talking to him in a PM, and I was just sharing my excitement with him, because I had just got a PS3 for Xmas.....
Well, he just started being extremely mean about it, saying it was "the soviet union" and that "sony is evil" and all this dumb, negative stuff.
FIRST OF ALL.... He brought another country into it, which is bad enough, (racism?), but SECONDLY... he had no real right to say that.... that's just mean.
(though you'd have to view the conversation)
And a lot of his claims as to "why the PS3 sucked" were UTTER LIES. (he was saying the Internet was laggy and bad, and stuff that I found out was all false)

Anyway, I've had bad experiences with Xbox Purists... so I'm kinda pre-molded to not like its fanbase.

ALSO, what I can't stand, is when some idiot tries to claim themselves as a "gamer" yet they just exclude a whole system.
just because its not "the one they like".... That's not a gamer. A gamer.... is one who "loves video games"...
and in general, that means you like a large variety of games, and thus are open to new ones, in all forms.
That's what I define as a "gamer"

But really, its pointless to exclude a system...

You see, I myself want a 360, because there are games I have played before on it, and want.... but I still like the PS3 more. xD

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'll try to list all the ways you can communicate via XBL (correct if I'm wrong, I KNOW I'll forget some)
  • Adlibs in game (e.g in Resi5, hold B and press up on D-Pad to say "Go!", B and left for "Thanks", B for "Come on", B and Down for "Wait".
  • Party Chat via Mics - You join a party and, via cross game chat, you can talk with a bunch of mates.
  • In Game 1v1 mic chat - Talk to your opponent e.g in a fighting game (PSN has this)
  • Texts - Send messages

PSN still doesn't have cross game chat. Hell, IDK if it has party chat with all in the same game. But, paying for those extra little things is stupid. It's like saying "I can talk with all my friends in the market" and "I can talk with all my friends overseas". You're still talking to your friends, location is the only real difference. Slight convenience here and there, but it's nothing that shoots XBL over PSN.

I know people who communicate with mics, with Vent, etc. Paying for XBL is saying you're a sheep who will take anything from M$, as long as you get what it is you're looking for. PC and PSN are superior because you don't have to waste money for a service that is equally as good at no extra cost.

Original games that suck, if anything. Who plays those ***** Indies, besides those with no friends online?

LOL! RE5? Really dude?

XBOXLIVE, a slight convenience? That slight convenience is a pretty important part of why online gaming is so great.

Tell that to all the satisfied customers and critics who state that XBOXLIVE is superior... I don't care if YOU don't like the features or find them useful, because you don't speak for everyone.

What makes them "*****"? And why do you act as if Indie games (which are seeing major improvement) are all the XBOXLIVE Marketplace has to offer? And BTW, gamers play them. All those kids who spend countless hours playing online who can't talk games because they don't understand them, who aren't even gamers opinions don't even qualify as anything... They don't exist to me. I don't see what having no friends online has to with anything. Pfft, it's only sad if all you have is friends online and none IRL...

^ Implying PSN doesn't.
But it doesn't matter. PSN Store is virtually the same as XBLMarketplace. They offer pretty much the same things.

I already said what needed to be said. You can try to find anything in my post to say that it was implied... It was a response to what you said about XBOXLIVE and nothing else. Unless you can find the words, "PSN doesn't" then you can say what I said or meant.

I prefer the Xbox 360 over the PS3.

-Online Play: Xbox Live is worth every penny. Every hardcore gamer I know plays on Live instead of PS3. And I'd rather pay a few dollars a month and get a more reliable service than PSN.

-Multiplatform games tend to be better: I know this isn't the case for every multiplatform game, but most of the games I'm interested in are better on the 360. For example, GTA4: Had exclusive Xbox 360 DLC content. Fallout: Had better graphics. Skyrim: PS3 version was plagued with glitches. Mass Effect series: ME1 wasn't available on PS3 so you don't get the same experience playing through the trilogy on one save.

-Controller: Even though the PS1 and PS2 were my favorite systems during their generations, the 360 controller just feels better to me.

-I do plan on buying a PS3 eventually, maybe when the price drops some more. I want to play the exclusives that I missed out on. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series and I have yet to play MGS4. Also Uncharted/Little Big Planet, etc. Though I was a huge PS1 and PS2 fan, I just couldn't get into the PS3. I think Sony really screwed things up at launch and screwed themselves, especially with the huge price tag at launch, and the 360 just made a bigger splash and attracted me more. And the 360 always got the good things first, like Netflix and HBO Go. Although they were late with the implementation, I do like the Trophy system better than the achievement system. I like 100%-ing games, and the PS3 gives you Platinum trophy for your hard work, whereas the 360 is just a bunch of meaningless points.

Anyway, I hold no loyalty for any company and go for the best system each generation. With the rumors of the next Xbox not having physical media or the ability to play used games, I will switch back to the PS4 in an instant if that rumor ends up being true.

Also, for those asking why the Wii isn't on the list it's because it's in a different category and can't really be compared to the PS3/360.

Last edited:

shaymin1

Derp.
I personally like the PS3 more, but the XBox 360 does have alot of good about it too (for example the controller is WAY better then the PS3 controller).

I'll always be a Sony fanboy, my Sony and Nintendo consoles always stand the test of time. Meanwhile my four RROD XBOX 360s lie in some dark Microsoft warehouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom