• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW: 100 Years After OoT? No.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That is exactly what I think, and then the timeline will be one step closer to having at least one timeline that works. Right now, none of them can be completely correct.

I think that Spirit Tracks would fit better if it was on the Adult Timeline, some hundreds of years after PH and WW.
There are lots of similarites: Zelda's design, the image of the Hyrule castle in the trailer looks almost like the one that is underwater in WW.
So, maybe Hyrule really unflooded, this leaves a greater question: what about ganondorf?
He still possesses the Triforce of Power in this portion of the timeline, If i am not wrong

So, maybe Hyrule really unflooded, this leaves a greater question: what about ganondorf?
He still possesses the Triforce of Power in this portion of the timeline, If i am not wrong

Actually he does not have the Triforce of Power. At the end of WW, he combined all of them in order to make his wish. Once the King of Hyrule beat him to laying his hand on the Triforce, the king wished upon the Triforce. Afterwards, you see the Triforce float into the air and disappear. At the end of the battle, the king says "I have scattered the seeds of the future." Which to me means that he separated the Triforce and hid it again.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think that Spirit Tracks would fit better if it was on the Adult Timeline, some hundreds of years after PH and WW.
There are lots of similarites: Zelda's design, the image of the Hyrule castle in the trailer looks almost like the one that is underwater in WW.

It's a dangerous thing to base your entire theory on graphical design of a game. Yes, ST has the same graphics as WW/PH but that does not mean it HAS to be connected to those games. FSA uses mostly toon graphics (artwork is obviously toon link) and that game is supposed to be directly connected to ALTTP which is not toon graphics.

I quite like the idea of it being the same Link, just on the child timeline. Sort of a "what if" game except it would be canon. The way i see it, both timelines are just "what if" scenarios for the other timeline. (i.e. the CT is a "what if" for the AT and vice versa).

Actually he does not have the Triforce of Power. At the end of WW, he combined all of them in order to make his wish. Once the King of Hyrule beat him to laying his hand on the Triforce, the king wished upon the Triforce. Afterwards, you see the Triforce float into the air and disappear. At the end of the battle, the king says "I have scattered the seeds of the future." Which to me means that he separated the Triforce and hid it again.

I always thought it meant that Link and Tetra were the seeds of the future. They are now the only two capable of living on the traditions of Hyrule and making those traditions "grow" into a new Hyrule.

^I highly doubt that when Daphnes said, "I have scattered the seeds of the future," that he meant he wanted Tetra and Link to make a new Hyrule when Daphnes had just said that the new land wouldn't be Hyrule. And Hyrule being IDENTICAL on the AT as it is in the CT is just impossible.

I assume that when he said that he wanted them to find a new land and live for the future. Not being stuck in the past. If Tetra and Link find a new Hyrule it goes directly against Daphnes' wishes; it goes against his wishes even more-so if the new Hyrule is identical to the old one.

^I highly doubt that when Daphnes said, "I have scattered the seeds of the future," that he meant he wanted Tetra and Link to make a new Hyrule when Daphnes had just said that the new land wouldn't be Hyrule. And Hyrule being IDENTICAL on the AT as it is in the CT is just impossible.

I assume that when he said that he wanted them to find a new land and live for the future. Not being stuck in the past. If Tetra and Link find a new Hyrule it goes directly against Daphnes' wishes; it goes against his wishes even more-so if the new Hyrule is identical to the old one.

There is one big problem I see with this. I understand that Daphnes wished to have Hyrule be washed away, and for Link and Tetra to have a future, etc. But I read somewhere one time that a person's wish granted by the Triforce holds true until that person dies. Just trust me on that one, because to hunt down an exact quote would take forever.

Daphnes died very shortly after he made his wish. Therefore, according to that little known fact about the Triforce, his wish would be obsolete after his death.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There is one big problem I see with this. I understand that Daphnes wished to have Hyrule be washed away, and for Link and Tetra to have a future, etc. But I read somewhere one time that a person's wish granted by the Triforce holds true until that person dies. Just trust me on that one, because to hunt down an exact quote would take forever.

Daphnes died very shortly after he made his wish. Therefore, according to that little known fact about the Triforce, his wish would be obsolete after his death.

I actually think I remember seeing that somewhere, as well. Also, if they created a new land that is not Hyrule, what are they supposed to base it on? They would base it on the traditions they already have, yes? Well, on outset island, their traditions are based on a hero FROM Hyrule, so it's possible that in creating a new land, they created one just like Hyrule.

It was a quote from LttP, i think. I'm not sure if it said that the wish that had been granted would be "ungranted" or that the wish of the new holder of the ToX would overcome the old wish though...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I have heard that Nintendo officially stated (I myself have no proof of it and am not certain that they really did) that The Wind Waker takes place one hundred years after Ocarina of Time. Since Twilight Princess also takes place one hundred years after OoT, that makes them both alternate timelines.

However, I've never thought it possible for WW to take place only one hundred years after OoT. It's just not long enough for everyone to, key words here, forget about Hyrule.

But strengthening my stance on this, I was playing WW the other day and the King of Red Lions clearly states that HUNDREDS of years have passed since the flood. Plural.

This implies to me that TP could actually take place between OoT and WW, rather than replacing WW in the timeline.

It's simple when you think about it. Because of the timetravel mayhem in oot there are two endings. One in which link as a child points out ganons plans to zelda who tells her father the hyrule king about they prove it and viola ganondorf is sentenced to death but can't be killed so he was banished to the twilight realm 100 years pass between then and tp happens. But because there wasn't a hero of time to stop ganny how could there be a legendary hero? Also simple. Instead of minish cap first on the timeline it is between tp and oot. This is known as the 'child timeline'. Then there is the ending in which the hero of time thwarts ganny and seals him away with the power of the seven sages. This is known as the adult timeline. Anyways after about 500 years or so after ganny escaped somehow windwaker happens. Hope this clears things up. Also darklink01 even if a person dies after wishing upon the triforce the wish holds true until someone else wishes otherwise. This was proven in alttp at the end.

Last edited:
I'm nearly dead certain that it has always been the same Ganon...

He became two people when the Timeline split.

The OFFICIAL Timeline stated by Nintendo thus far is:

----/--WW/PH
OoT
----\MM--TP

If it doesn't start like that, it's wrong. End of story.

Here's the interview:

Q: When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.
–And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there’s a scene showing Ganon’s execution. Link and Zelda left him be and he then did something outrageous, so it was decided that he should be executed. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I have heard that Nintendo officially stated (I myself have no proof of it and am not certain that they really did) that The Wind Waker takes place one hundred years after Ocarina of Time. Since Twilight Princess also takes place one hundred years after OoT, that makes them both alternate timelines.

However, I've never thought it possible for WW to take place only one hundred years after OoT. It's just not long enough for everyone to, key words here, forget about Hyrule.

But strengthening my stance on this, I was playing WW the other day and the King of Red Lions clearly states that HUNDREDS of years have passed since the flood. Plural.

This implies to me that TP could actually take place between OoT and WW, rather than replacing WW in the timeline.

They are on alternate timelines. Most people new to the timeline biz don't realize that the timetravel mayhem in oot caused 2 endings one known as the child timeline with more games and the adult time line in which ww and it's sequels occur. But yeah it would be impossible for there to be only 100 years between oot and ww. It's probably 500 years minimum.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
But I read somewhere one time that a person's wish granted by the Triforce holds true until that person dies. Just trust me on that one, because to hunt down an exact quote would take forever.

It was a quote from LttP, i think.

I believe I may have found the quote that you guys are talking about.

Original Quote by the Triforce in ALttP:

Ganon's wish was to conquer the world. That wish changed the Golden Land to the Dark World. Ganon was building up his power here so he could conquer the Light World and make his wish come completely true. But now, you have totally destroyed Ganon. His Dark World will vanish.

What's in bold is the quote I think you guys have been looking for. :)

Anyway going back to the topic of this thread, I can understand why you think that Axle. 100 years isn't a long time for people to forget about something like Hyrule, but at the same time a lot of things can happen in 100 years.

For instance, of course the people who escaped the flooding of Hyrule are going to know it exists, because they were there at one point in their lives. But as the next few generations of people come into being after Hyrule's flooding, they don't know that Hyrule was once a real place. Sure they have heard stories of it from their elders, but at the same time they have never seen Hyrule themselves. That would lead to it only being thought of being a story and nothing else. Another thing that would add to them not knowing about Hyrule would be that that most of the generation that fled Hyrule as it was being buried beneath the waves had died off. Sure there probably are few of them left, but probably not enough to keep Hyrule's memory alive.

Another thing about what the King of Red Lions said that I think someone on here already mentioned, is that it could be a mistranslation. It happens a lot when things are translated from another language. We just won't know for sure.

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
I don't think WW takes place 100 of year after OOT and neither TP takes place 100 years after OOT. But I do agree that they are on separate timelines.

Because in TP, Renado says something like: ''They are LEGENDS tell of an ancient hero in Hyrule, and your deeds brings them all to mind.''
If it's a ''legend'', than OOT cannot have happened 100 years before. Plus, when Impaz speaks to you, she says she is the descendant of Impa. And Impaz is like... over than 80 years old? So, she coudn't talk of Impa like she was her descendant. And on top of that, around the Master Sword :mastersword:, you see that the place got surrounded by a gigantic forest and trees destroying the whole place. That couldn't have happened in just a 100 years.

And for WW, when you look at the evolution of the Ritos :zora: and the Koroks :), you see that the evolution just couldn't have happened in 100 years. The Zoras :zora: and Kokiris :) would never had time to evolve into Ritos or Koroks. And again, the legend couldn't be a legend if it just happened 100 years ago...

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I don't think WW takes place 100 of year after OOT and neither TP takes place 100 years after OOT. But I do agree that they are on separate timelines.

Because in TP, Renado says something like: ''They are LEGENDS tell of an ancient hero in Hyrule, and your deeds brings them all to mind.''
If it's a ''legend'', than OOT cannot have happened 100 years before. Plus, when Impaz speaks to you, she says she is the descendant of Impa. And Impaz is like... over than 80 years old? So, she coudn't talk of Impa like she was her descendant. And on top of that, around the Master Sword :mastersword:, you see that the place got surrounded by a gigantic forest and trees destroying the whole place. That couldn't have happened in just a 100 years.

And for WW, when you look at the evolution of the Ritos :zora: and the Koroks :), you see that the evolution just couldn't have happened in 100 years. The Zoras :zora: and Kokiris :) would never had time to evolve into Ritos or Koroks. And again, the legend couldn't be a legend if it just happened 100 years ago...

That's understandable Zarom, but like I mentioned before in my last post, a lot of things can happen in 100 years. Although it doesn't look like it, many things can happen during that short period of time.

For TP (getting slightly off the topic of the thread) the same thing applies. What Renado says is possibly true if you consider the fact that after OoT occurred, Link could have done other heroic things other than preventing Ganondorf from taking over Hyrule. (I'm saying that because TP takes place on the CT.) There could have also been another "Link" to appear during that time period. Hence the possible reason why Renado said "Legends" instead of it's singular form.

As for the topic of Impaz, if you think about it, being a descendant doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be generations apart. You can be two or even one generation apart to qualify as a desecendant of someone. (ie: You are a descendant of your parents and/or grandparents.)

As for the Temple of Time, yes it's possible that the way that it looks the way it does in TP could have occured during those 100 years between those two games. For one thing, you can see that the placement of the ToT in TP is nowhere near where it was in OoT. Something could have happened to the ToT that caused it to look that way and it could have been the reason why Hyrule Castle's location was moved from where it was previously. (This is all speculation though; I'm not stating that it's a fact.) Also trees can grow really tall during 100 years. Some trees can take up to 30 years or more to mature and there's a lot of years during that time period that can allow that to take place.

As for WW, the Zora and Kokiri could have evolved over that period of time. Evolution is simply a species changing over a period of time to adapt to an environment. It can happen in a few years to even longer than that, depending on the change. Simply put, it is possible that the Zora and Kokiri could have evolved into the Rito and the Koroks during that 100-year time span.

And lastly yes, something could be considered a legend if it only happened 100 years ago. Like I said in my last post, it all depends on the generation that saw it happen. As time goes by and that generation ceases to exist, that story can be seen as just a legend by the generations that came after that one. Thus it could be possible for something that happened 100 years ago to become known as a legend.

Last edited:

Wow...you guys don't read my posts do you? It seems like no one does...

Ahem...

Here's the interview:

Q: When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.
–And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there’s a scene showing Ganon’s execution. Link and Zelda left him be and he then did something outrageous, so it was decided that he should be executed. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

Wow...you guys don't read my posts do you? It seems like no one does...

Ahem...

Here's the interview:
Wow...I guess you didn't read my post did you?

Jacensolo retranslated it and said it was several hundreds of years. Frankly, I trust Jacensolo, especially since it makes more sense going along with the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom