• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 9

Which story is best?

• Ghosi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K4KING

• Soldier of Link

• MikauIncarnate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition
Week 9
Majora's Mask

So I recieved a good number of entries this week! Thankyou to everyone who submitted a story! I hope you all enjoy reading them. Don't forget to vote!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghosi

"Welcome.

I have heard you are from the land of dreams, the land of light; when darkness threatened, you have saved it.

Now I hereby recognize you in my world. But what will be your role? Hehe. Let me tell you of the world itself first.

In this world, rules are simply blown away, masked by the darkness. If the land of truth really does exist, then this must be its opposite. The dreams and wishes of hope and peace are replaced by the echoes of whining and screams, the nightmares without ends, and the cursed future that we have to bear. The moon, like a shadow creeps upon the land, reminding everyone of the fate. Oh yes, we quite know of fate very well; it follows us everywhere we go. The demon determines what shall rise and what shall fall in this land. The demon sets the rules here and we must simply live by them. Why do we follow these rules? I haven't a clue. We have no souls to beg for, anyways. The dark and cold is the only thing we deserve, for the sins never commited. The land itself united, by the mysterious jungles and serene but poisonous swamps, the ever-chilling mountains were freezing is only a luxury, oceans and water reflecting upon our soul, and the dry, everless valley of desert stones. Death is watching upon us night and day, slowly getting closer to us every minute. The uncanny feeling of sinister and evil is present every single day.

The rules of space do not exist, along with the laws of nature itself. The Goddess of Time herself shows no attention towards our pleas. She only casts her spell of order and does nothing more. It seems we are left all alone, with no laws, no life, no soul. Us, puppets, who are meant to suffer for ever of time, until the demon shows the mercy of sending the waves of destruction towards our paths.

We live in a play where everyone has his or her own very special role; so, what is yours in here? Why would you come to a place like this?

WHAT?!?! You want to help? Well, save your pity for your own kind. If this is what you truly want, then you may very well get the role of the hero once more. Only this time, you have to obey the rules.

So, shall we play?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K4KING

Origins in Termina

In the land of Termina, masks were used to express their artistic talent and their expressionism. They made masks to empower themselves with certain abilities, they created masks, for people to enjoy, but for every good mask, there must be a dark mask.

A group of people were dancing near a bonfire near the outskirts of Termina, they were chanting and dancing horrendously. They wore a heart shaped mask and a multi-colored robe. They danced and chanted continuously, until the dark leader of the tribe stood, and suddenly jumped into the bonfire. He did not catch on fire, but instead got transformed, his body turned into a distorted aura, and the people of the tribe threw their masks simultaneously into the bonfire. The masks burned to ash, and the aura mixed in the fire melded with it. The group stopped chanting and the bonfire transformed. There laid a multicolored, big-eyed heart shaped mask. The people cried out of sadistic joy, for they have received their ultimate prize.

Little did they knew, the chieftain's essence, his will, lives on, with his evil purpose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soldier of Link

As a young boy sat atop the Clock Tower, a feeling of warmth enveloped him. The sky no longer exhibited that terrifying sight, the sight that once froze his blood and chilled him to the bone. No, the ordeal was over. No longer would Link have to reset his adventure, and toil with the thought of dooms-day. He had suffered enough in the final battle against Majora. The horrifying scenes still infected his dreams at night, but those were not real. He was finally safe.

Link scuttled down the wall of the Tower and landed in the center of Clock Town. As if out of habit, Link turned left and made his way through East Clock Town, sneaking down the dark alley that housed the Bombers’ hideout and observatory. Leaping across the platforms floating on the murky water, Link made his way to the observatory basement. “Hey! Wanna dance?” inquired a strangely located scarecrow. Link shook his head and continued up the stairs.

The observatory was unlike any other place in Termina, the interior representing polar opposites. Tinted, black windows lined the walls, with bold, rainbow titles obscuring the floor near the giant telescope. Link enjoyed viewing the night sky very much now, although he could never get a good enough view even from the top of the Clock Tower. Here, he could spot every detail in the heavens, from the shining stars to the distant planets.

Tonight, however, one star burned with an unusually intense glow, almost otherworldly. Its red flames blazed with a violet light. And Link swore he saw the faint outline… of a spiked figure in the inferno.

It’s never over.
MikauIncarnate

Why am I here? I know that it is fact I died long ago... I looked around the space I inhabited, a panoramical circus of shifting shapes and designs. I know this place... A sharp cry caught my attention. Jolting my head to the front, I observed my long-time friend and even longer enemy, the demented Majora. I became aware that I had inhabited the body of a young hylian boy, taking control of his maxillary muscles, I articulated a greeting to the demon. He returned the same, beginning to launch whips in my direction. I assumed complete control of the hylian, doing battle in this war of one god against another.
The world transformed around us, a distraction tactic used by Majora since his incarnation. I was not distracted. I was focused on the battle. I must kill him, for by killing him, I would release his spirit and save him. A paradox, but a truthful one nonetheless. We battled as the hylian imprisoned within his own body pleaded to me. I would not listen. I was focused on the battle.
I delivered the final blow into Majora’s body. I watched, unmoving, as he dissolved into the ether, begging me to help him. I did not move, because I knew that to help him would mean I was forced to take his place. I stood there. Alone. I was no longer needed. I released the bonds on the hylian. He removed my consciousness from his body. And I was no more.
We got some truly brilliant entries this week! Like writing? Why not enter next week?

Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 10
The Legend of Zelda:
The Master Sword

Week 10's theme was suggested by K4KING, thanks! Please PM me your entries by 03/05/11. Please make your entries 100-300 words. Thankyou!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Hmm, my vote would have to Soldier of Link. Although the other stories had a lot of wonderful styles and prose, I'm afraid I felt that they were all just a little repetitive at points, and their words somewhat stilting the shorts. Overall they were pretty impressive though, and they definitely knew their subjects well enough to understand what and where they could delve.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Since it was I who suggested Next week's topic (Thanks for considering it.) I won't be entering it.

Due to it being my idea, and frankly this needs to be tested, with Skyward Sword being the next Zelda game, I wonder how imaginative you people will write your fanfic, with only the information available. It helps the mind keep flowing with new ideas, having writing short stories in this competition will help you develop your thinking ability and your writing skills. I suggest you try following Charged's tips, they will help you. Quick question to Meego:

Can I judge the winner? XD Nah I'm just kidding. I'll let you, charge and the rest of the readers decide that.
You - the host
Charge - the analytical, moral building critic for any narrative story
The rest - the people who read them and vote them

Enjoy your writing.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Forgive me for not posting the results eariler.

Congratulations to Soldier of Link! This is her 2nd time winning which means she gets a userbar! That she made herself.....XDD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soldier of Link

As a young boy sat atop the Clock Tower, a feeling of warmth enveloped him. The sky no longer exhibited that terrifying sight, the sight that once froze his blood and chilled him to the bone. No, the ordeal was over. No longer would Link have to reset his adventure, and toil with the thought of dooms-day. He had suffered enough in the final battle against Majora. The horrifying scenes still infected his dreams at night, but those were not real. He was finally safe.

Link scuttled down the wall of the Tower and landed in the center of Clock Town. As if out of habit, Link turned left and made his way through East Clock Town, sneaking down the dark alley that housed the Bombers’ hideout and observatory. Leaping across the platforms floating on the murky water, Link made his way to the observatory basement. “Hey! Wanna dance?” inquired a strangely located scarecrow. Link shook his head and continued up the stairs.

The observatory was unlike any other place in Termina, the interior representing polar opposites. Tinted, black windows lined the walls, with bold, rainbow titles obscuring the floor near the giant telescope. Link enjoyed viewing the night sky very much now, although he could never get a good enough view even from the top of the Clock Tower. Here, he could spot every detail in the heavens, from the shining stars to the distant planets.

Tonight, however, one star burned with an unusually intense glow, almost otherworldly. Its red flames blazed with a violet light. And Link swore he saw the faint outline… of a spiked figure in the inferno.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need another entry, the deadline is 03/05/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom