• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 3: Voting

Which story is the best?

• Soldier of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TreeHuggerPanda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition Week 3
Voting

Okay guys, so it is great that people are entering and voting, but I only recieved 2 entries this time. Please enter if you can! If the numbers are low I may have to enter myself, but enjoy this week's entries by Soldier of Link and TreeHuggerPanda!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soldier of Link

As night fell over the Great Sea, a young hero kept watch across the horizon. He was confused and disturbed. Could it really have been but a dream? Was this just a trick of that dastardly Ghost Ship?

He leaned up against the wooden railing and lay his head in his hands, content to let his mind rest as he listened to the push and pull of the ocean currents.

"Link." The wood creaked under him as he spun around to see the pirate girl. She was clothed in a white robe, with a design on the hem that seemed to imitate the waves around them. "How long have you been awake?"

Link shrugged, and turned away from her. He'd much rather stare at the ocean for hours than face her questions.

The pirate girl walked up to the boy, trying to decipher the inscrutable look upon his face.

"Are you okay?" she persisted. Link looked at her and squinted. "It wasn't a dream."

"Don't you think I know that? I was there. For the most part," she joked. "Why does this bother you so much?"

He pondered his answer before saying anything. "Because, Tetra, they... They think I'm crazy. They think we imagined everything."

Tetra looked at the boy with concern. "You know we didn't imagine it. It was real. But why do you care what people think?" Link looked abashed, and turned his attention back to the ocean waves.

She slipped her hand into his. "It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks."

Link allowed himself a large grin. "You're right. It only matters what you think."

The two stood there, watching the magnificent sun begin to rise above the crashing waves. It was a gorgeous sight, and Link was content to remain there forever with his close friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TreeHuggerPanda

“Seriously! Link! Get yer butt moving now!” Princess Zelda of Hyrule, who currently was in spirit form, was yelling at her supposedly “hero.” She was tired of Link, who was claimed to be her hero, stopping every time he saw a rabbit or took on every side quest that was offered to him. I can't believe he'd rather capture a stupid rabbit than save my body! Princess Zelda thought angrily.

“One second...” Link replied in a calm tone, not taking his eyes off of the cute 'lil rabbit that stood before him. “I'll be done in a minute...”

More like a billion minutes... Zelda rolled her eyes as she said the sarcastic comment in her head. “Just hurry up, okay?!”

Link raised up his net and tried to capture the poor, fluffy bunny. Miss. He looked up at the spirit and put on a cute, dopey eye look, looking very sad.

“Seriously, we have to continue the quest!” Zelda said as politely and energetically as she could. Let's hope they haven't resurrected my body completely... it's like the time frame of this quest is being counted on our progress... I mean, it's been, like, two years since we started... She up at the Tower of Spirits. Only two pieces of the tower were intact. Yeah, it's going to take a while...

So...that was this week! Next week...

The Legend of Zelda
Treasure

Write a Zelda story about Treasure! Rupees, shields, rings, anything you might find in The Legend of Zelda series that is treasure! 100 words min, 300 max. Entries due in by 17/03/11

EDIT: This is the group that the winning entries are posted on. Join if you want. ^^

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Damn, I like both stories, both are well written. So who to vote for on this one? Gee...Alright, done. Panda gets my vote because I could just imagine how frustrated Zelda must have been with Link playing around while she wanted other things done. That really made me laugh. ~Ao

Nicole

luke is my wife
Well, due to the fact that there is only one entry besides my own, I won't be voting this week out of pure sportsmanship. It wouldn't be fair to me or Pandy if I tried to compare our stories, after all. So, then why I am replying? Of course it's not to bump the thread! Why would you think that! I would NEVER.... :rolleyes:

Although I'm not voting, I'll just mention a few things about Panda's entry. First of all, it was cute. :P I like the idea, it was quite fitting for Link's image. Other than a few stray spelling/grammar errors, this was a nice read. Best of luck!

Meego7....If we're interested in sending in an entry for next week do you want those sent to you in a PM? Just wondering if that was the best way, because when I tried to send you one I'm getting an error message saying you have exceeded your PM quota and need to clear space. Just let me know if there is another way you want entries sent in.

Thanks.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
(Sorry, I'll empty my PM box.)

Congratz SoL! You won this week!

Soldier of Link

As night fell over the Great Sea, a young hero kept watch across the horizon. He was confused and disturbed. Could it really have been but a dream? Was this just a trick of that dastardly Ghost Ship?

He leaned up against the wooden railing and lay his head in his hands, content to let his mind rest as he listened to the push and pull of the ocean currents.

"Link." The wood creaked under him as he spun around to see the pirate girl. She was clothed in a white robe, with a design on the hem that seemed to imitate the waves around them. "How long have you been awake?"

Link shrugged, and turned away from her. He'd much rather stare at the ocean for hours than face her questions.

The pirate girl walked up to the boy, trying to decipher the inscrutable look upon his face.

"Are you okay?" she persisted. Link looked at her and squinted. "It wasn't a dream."

"Don't you think I know that? I was there. For the most part," she joked. "Why does this bother you so much?"

He pondered his answer before saying anything. "Because, Tetra, they... They think I'm crazy. They think we imagined everything."

Tetra looked at the boy with concern. "You know we didn't imagine it. It was real. But why do you care what people think?" Link looked abashed, and turned his attention back to the ocean waves.

She slipped her hand into his. "It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks."

Link allowed himself a large grin. "You're right. It only matters what you think."

The two stood there, watching the magnificent sun begin to rise above the crashing waves. It was a gorgeous sight, and Link was content to remain there forever with his close friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom