• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like To See Twinrova In A Future Game?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The witches Twinrova-Koume and Kotake-are easily among the most flamboyant personalities in the Zelda franchise. When the hags aren't trying to revive Ganon they're possessing Gerudo women's bodies and inserting them into a heavy suit of armor or arguing with each other over who's older. In short, they're very entertaining and fighting them is a pleasure as well.

Of course the hallmark battle is Ocarina of Time's clever elemental duel wherein Link must use the Mirror Shield to absorb the energy of one sister and reflect at the other. It was a rare bout where defense rather than offense was key and a mini puzzle within itself. Although the encounter isn't nearly as great in the Oracles due to the technical limitations of the GBC hardware, it's certainly up there with the best of 8-bit.

Koume and Kotake also make an appearance in Majora's Mask's alternate world-Termina-where they are benign. Koume is the guide for Swamp Boat Tour whereas Kotake is the owner of the Magic Hags' Potion Shop.

What are your thoughts on Twinrova as a character? Would you like to see the ungodly duo return in a future installment? If so, should Koume and Kotake once more assume a boss battle position or merely a side role as in Majora's Mask? If not, what is your argument against such a development?

Personally, I'd love to see Twinrova star in a prominent franchise role as a boss in a future installment. Given Ganondorf's demise on all three branches of the timeline, her appearance would provide a logical explanation for his revival. The Mirror Shield not necessarily be used either given Nintendo's propensity to create new creative arsenal for Link to toy with on the fly although it is a favorite of mine.

oh for sure, i loved how koume and kotake were in MM as well as OOT, in OOT they were a great boss and MM they were interesting characters.

ok Imagine in TP were we had to get a mirror shard. ok what if Twinrova-Koume and Kotake were the bosses and we had to use the Mirror shard to deflect their attacks back to them.. now that would be a fun boss battle and an interesting use of a mirror shard. Nintendo if your looking at this post, this is a free idea to you. you are welcome. anyway Yes i would like to see them in future games

Last edited:

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
ok Imagine in TP were we had to get a mirror shard. ok what if Twinrova-Koume and Kotake were the bosses and we had to use the Mirror shard to deflect their attacks back to them.. now that would be a fun boss battle and an interesting use of a mirror shard. Nintendo if your looking at this post, this is a free idea to you. you are welcome.

Well as Twilight Princess is no longer in development.....I don't see how this would be a good idea for Twilight Princes... Also it would be just a rehash of the battle in Ocarina of Time. Zelda bosses are already often times just rehashes of old bosses....no need to continue the tradition. Zelda needs original ideas, not just rehashes.

As for seeing Twinrova again, Hell yes. Maybe not as a boss (although that'd be cool too) but rather how they appeared in Majora's Mask as NPC's. They are pretty hilarious and I certainly wouldn't mind for them to make a cameo in a future game.

Well as Twilight Princess is no longer in development.....I don't see how this would be a good idea for Twilight Princes... Also it would be just a rehash of the battle in Ocarina of Time. Zelda bosses are already often times just rehashes of old bosses....no need to continue the tradition. Zelda needs original ideas, not just rehashes.

As for seeing Twinrova again, Hell yes. Maybe not as a boss (although that'd be cool too) but rather how they appeared in Majora's Mask as NPC's. They are pretty hilarious and I certainly wouldn't mind for them to make a cameo in a future game.
It was just an idea I used TP because we had to get a mirror shard. and sense their attacks are deflected by a very shiny object, we would use the mirror shard for this made up battle it would not be much of rehash but something kinda New sense its a piece of a mirror and not a shield useing items that we dont have. a good example of this is the Kelops ( water temple) boss battle in SS were u had to use its own sword to slice him up. The mirror shard was an idea since its a mirror and it reflects. Nintendo can leave TP the way it is.

Last edited:
I love Twinrova. They are very entertaining and i've loved coming across them during each installment that features them, particularly in Majora's Mask, their presence really added to the surrealism.

Twinrova have always interested me because they really help the Spirit Temple along in OoT with al that they did and imprisoning the Gerudo inside the Iron Knuckle armour was pretty dark. They were kind of, aside form Ganondorf, the only boss in the game to have a presence outside of the dungeon and actually push plot along and i really liked that too.

I'd love Twinrova to come back and have a larger role, SS started the trend of forefront repeat boss battles with The Imprisoned so maybe a future Zelda could use Twinrova in the same way but to better effect, they have more interesting transformations and power than The Imprisoned and they wouldn't need a section of the overworld designed to host battles.

So yeah, i'm all for it.

bunny

birb overlord
Heck yes. Twinrova, although I didn't find them to be very challenging, was a very exciting boss. I'd love to see them again, preferably a bit harder. Yeah, I wouldn't mind at all.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'd love to see Twinrova in a future game!
She was one of my favorite bosses to fight in OoT and even funner in OoS through the linked game.
It'd also be interesting to what what new things they could or would change about her boss fight.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I wouldn't mind it but i'm certainly not pushing for it. Twinrova was (were?) cool, but i enjoyed their appearances in OoT and Majora's Mask much mor than in the Oracle games.

I don't want to see them be fully fledged main characters/ villains. I'm not interested in Ganondorf's surrogate mothers as much as i'm interested in Ganondorf. But i would like to see them again as a boss or a minor villain or something. Plus, i'd LOVE a new version of Their theme :)

octorok74

TETTAC
I like to see Twinrova return. Though I'm not too sure how the battle would play out. I feel as if the battle techniques have all been used up for her. Unless you have it like the Oracles battle in a console game. That would be pretty cool actually. Having the field change design here and there. And I like how you mentioned the Oracle appearance. Most people wouldn't mention those games.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Twinrova should definitely return as the main antagonist in the future. In my opinion, their best appearance was in the Oracle series, where their goal was to reseruct Ganon. I would like to see them return with a similar goal in the future and bring a fun boss fight along with them.

In my Cardinal Kingdom story development the two actually make an appearance later on in the game. The story is filled with a darker tone, where it seems at times the villains (yes, multiple) are conspiring against Link and Zelda (due to the co-op nature) to result in a vengeful death.

Anyway, long story short Koume and Kotake are prisoners of their own hell on earth that is the Gerudo Grounds, beneath the Gerudo Fortress in the Gerudo Desert. Link and Zelda are forced to obtain information that only the two old hags (due to their near immortality) know about the release of the game's new baddie. The best way to describe it is that the experience is kind of what Arbiter's Grounds should have been, fighting and infiltrating the Zelda world's most secure prison of villains (an Arkham Asylum-esque experience) where it just so happens that the two hags torment the two heroes as they are in control of the operation.

It's pretty intense, and a worthwhile cameo paying homage to both the assistance of MM and the evil of OoT. I found this to be the most accurate way of bringing the two back as they shouldn't be a game's main boss since they have the capability of adding layers to the actual villainous plot, and so it serves a purpose without stretching the desire to use the favorite witches in a fan-based kind of way.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I want them to come back, but I want to explore the origins of their powers. Awesome as they (she?) are in OoT, making them bosses in the same fashion seems like backpedaling in a franchise that needs to move forward. I want to explore them in their younger days, when they first learn their powerful magic and become the witches we all love (to fight). Being the proverbial mothers of evil, they have huge impact on the Zelda universe as a whole, and I want them explored more. Are they an extension of Demise's eternal curse, or are they their own evil entities altogether? Did they have to steal the magic abilities from someone else, or were they innate abilities? How did they acquire and train Ganondorf as their surrogate son? Were they hotter in their younger days? I have so many questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom