• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you buy SS HD?

Would you get SSHD

• Yes whatever the controls

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Only if it has motion controls

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Only if they scrap the motion controls

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
I wouldn't mind a remake but they need to fix all of the little annoyances from SS, like Fi and when you start the game the game would pause every time you get a treasure and show you the quantity.

Also, I wounder how different the game will be without motion controls.

Honestly the biggest reason I'd say "no" is because it's not a world that's fun to be in. The story is actually pretty nice, but once you've played through a story you know it so there's no point. There's just no part of this game world that is a world, it's all just a level. A linear progression. In other Zelda games you can roll around Termina Field doing sweet jumps, you can chase down peahats and do flips around stalchildren that come after you until the sun comes up, you can sail the high seas and fire cannons at Bokoblins until they get knocked into the water, you can fight enemies mounted on pigs from horseback, and when the fight is over you can keep firing arrows at a pig until it's out of sight or runs straight off a cliff just to practice your marksmanship. They're all worlds that you can immerse yourself in. But Skyward Sword? Faron Woods is a path. Eldin Volcano is a path. Lanyru Desert is even more of a path. And they're all connected by a hub world that's just a big, round, boring path where nothing happens. Was the game pretty good? Yeah. But the world has no pull, it doesn't draw you in with the siren song of exploration and discovery. I mean come on, one of its chief mechanics is a magical stick that straight up tells you where to go and won't shut the hell up about it until you get there.

As much as I like Skyward Sword, you make some fair points.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Too early IMO, but I would buy if it

1) Had motion controls

2) A decent price tag.

3) Either made Fi shut up or removed the treasure notifications because holy crap that was annoying.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Too early IMO, but I would buy if it

1) Had motion controls

2) A decent price tag.

3) Either made Fi shut up or removed the treasure notifications because holy crap that was annoying.

They got rid of the rupee notifications for TPHD so I would say that one would be almost a certainty.

For me, if Nintendo do decide to make a NX VR (or something along those lines), with new redesigned Wii controllers (we saw PS move controllers being reused for the PS VR), they could hopefully make Skyward Sword HD a launch title for a hypothetical NX VR with motion controls would be great (I mean I would love to play SS in VR)

As I believe that every 3D title should've a remake, and having Skyward Sword removing motion controls may prove too difficult, and won't really work, I see this as the best choice.

Having portions of the overworld blocked off was horrible to begin with. At least with other Zelda games, if you didn't have an item and got to a place that needed it you wouldn't be able to do much or solve the puzzles, but it wouldnt fully block you from visiting the place

That is completely false.

Many Zelda games block you, literally, physically the path to other sides of the map until you have the right tool or have undergone the right event. This happened specially in top down Zelda games, with boulders or holes blocking the way. Nothing you can do there until you get the right item.

In Twilight princess you had twilight walls blocking your way, its exactly the same thing. Blocking off portions of the overworld until you have the right tool is a staple of the franchise by this point.

Many Zelda games block you, literally, physically the path to other sides of the map until you have the right tool or have undergone the right event. This happened specially in top down Zelda games, with boulders or holes blocking the way. Nothing you can do there until you get the right item.

In Twilight princess you had twilight walls blocking your way, its exactly the same thing. Blocking off portions of the overworld until you have the right tool is a staple of the franchise by this point.

True, the other games just did a better job of hiding it.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
If it was converted to traditional controls, probably yeah. If it it was still motion controls only, absolutely not. If they were still an option, that'd be okay, though only if fully functional traditional controls were available and the default. Having motion controls be there only for obsessed purists who don't like change.

Not really, see , youre making stuff up. No one has a problem with road blocks in Zelda any more than they have a problem with puzzles. Its part of the fun, unlocking the world as we go.

So please dont tell me that they even remotely tried to hide that characteristic, specially with boulders and walls blocking a path. The logic and execution is the same, story progression dictates the parts you explore first. These criticisms are irrational, i dont know why you guys feel the need to make excuses not to like a game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I really can't see this game working or being remotely fun without motion controls unless they rebuilt the combat from the ground up to function like a traditional Zelda game.

This is true and its been that way since the second game.

This is true and its been that way since the second game.
Since the first game actually.
Bombs, the candle, the raft, the stepladder and the power braclet are required to enter certain areas and dungeons in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom