• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would It Be Cool to Have Superbosses in Zelda?

Agreed on Shinryuu, he was a beast. I was thinking the Zelda superbosses would be like 60% as strong as Pennance from FFX. You know, frustrating, but not enough to provoke violent streaks of assault and arson.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Even if they did make a "superboss" in Zelda, it would be the same as all the other ones. Every Boss has a pattern, once you learn it, it becomes easy, no point to it whatsoever. Maybe a better thing to suggest is maybe a cooler boss, or maybe optional ones like in Kingdom Hearts(The clocktower phantom; Kurt Zisa)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I would love to see some kind of extremely difficult boss in some sort of sidequest or gauntlet (like in Paper Mario TTYD and Super Paper Mario). An epic boss as the end of some large optional event would be sick and really give the long-time fans a jolt of energy from a real challenge.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That would be awesome, and you could unlock some awesome swag like a gold or silver tunic. They should bring back some bosses from the first games like the Unicorn Dragon dude (forgetting his name and too lazy to look it up). It would be cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OMG YES. That's one of the things that FF and even Mario games have that Zelda doesn't: superbosses. If I have to count up the ones I can remember:

All Pit of 100 Trails type bosses of Paper Mario TTYD/Super Paper Mario
Emerald Weapon and all variants (FF7)
Zodiark (FFXII)
Ultima (FFXII)
Hell Wyrm (FFXII)
Yiazmat (FFXII)
Omega Mark XII (FFXII)
Vercingetorix (FFXIII)
Long Gui (FFXIII)
Lightning [IIRC; I know she's DLC in the arena but dunno if she's OP] (FFXIII-2)
Omega (FFXIII-2)
Gabriel Celeste [or Celesta] (all of Star Ocean, especially SO3 and SO4)
Lenneth (SO3)
Freya (SO3)
Iseria Queen/Ethereal Queen (all of Star Ocean, especially SO4)
All of Wandering Dungeon and Cave of Seven Stars bosses, even with high end Laser Suits, Laser Weapons, LV255 all BT stats (SO4)

All of the above bosses range from moderately to extremely difficult. Zelda has nothing like this (though personally I'd say that Trinexx from ALttP could be a superboss had it far more HP and attack power, and all of AoL is pretty much a superboss in and of itself). Implementing superbosses through post game content is easily a win win situation as post game content is entirely optional by definition, it doesn't get in the way and can only make a player enjoy the game. Even the likes of Sphere 211 (SO3) can make a Zelda player happy [I konw because I AM a Zelda player]. No matter what way you slice it, superbosses fits into the Zelda equation because they're just optional, amazingly difficult bosses that enhance enjoyment. They're not forced encounters, therefore complaining is invalid as far as "OMG TOO HARD". Too hard is the definition of superboss.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I think that Superbosses would be amazing. Like you said, Zelda bosses are way too easy. Figure out how to kill them, then the battle is a piece of cake. The Cube game Luigi's Mansion had Bosses that all led up to much harder ones. If Zelda implemented that, it would add much more difficulty to the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom