• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Winning is Sad

I won the spelling bee but have no happiness. I, ME, made people cry. That is a terrible feeling that I never want to experience again. But sadly, I made it to the state championships, and then possibly the national championships. I have no need for glory, I wish I didn't win now.

Um, what?! Why are you not excited that you've won the Spelling bee and possibly made to the State Championships? That sounds like a good thing, in my opinion. Are you trying to say that you'd have rather lost, because you simply don't want to go to the championships (for whatever reasons)? If that is the case, then, why didn't you just throw the competition and misspell the words? lol

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Don't feel bad. You should be happy you won! I think most people only cry when they don't win because it's spur-of-the-moment stuff. Also, they will eventually realise what happened and calm down and be happy for you! Anyway, good luck for any future competitions!

Don't feel bad. You should be happy you won! I think most people only cry when they don't win because it's spur-of-the-moment stuff. Also, they will eventually realise what happened and calm down and be happy for you! Anyway, good luck for any future competitions!

Ah, so he's sad because he made others sad for having lost the Spelling Bee? I guess that sort of makes sense. Although, presuming the age group at said spelling is around age 11, I'd say they could always try again next year. If memory serves, isn't age limit for the nationals around age 15? I feel so old, but I made it to state's a long time ago, and I think it is. Speaking of which, I was all cold and heartless whether won or lost in a spelling bee. lol

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Be proud of yourself, you made it to the state championships! I know it sucks that people cried because they lost, but people cried when I took first chair from them in 6th grade. They'll get over it. Also there wont be anyone crying at the next spelling bee, they will all be proud they made it that far.

M. Bulteau

Composer
Crying is healthy. You're giving them important moments of self-discovery.

Also **** them. You won.

R

Red Waffles

Is it because your scared of people picking on you because you're smart? If so don't worry you'll be the one who ends up rich then gets a hot wife and gets to go vacation every year.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Hmmm... it seems to me it's probably a bit quick to assume they "cried"out of jealousy since WW101 didn't really say who/why they cried in the first place. Were they close friends? Were they just competition? It's pretty hard to say anything since the reason he made people cry isn't really clear, but I guess that could be asking for too much depending on the situation.

And making people cry (or hurting them in general)... yeah, I know how that feels. My mother used to cry all the time because of things I said, some of them because I had to, others because of my habit of letting my liver do the talking... if you get what I mean. I literally wanted to smack myself in both cases, but you're not always the one who has to re-assess the situation to get over it.

From my (admittedly limited) experience, I can just say that it takes a lot to tell when you're the one who did bad from when the other person did. Sometimes personal flaws get in the way of relationships, and that can go both ways: the chances of the other person not being acceptant of your quirks are just as likely as the chances of you being way too soft on your own flaws and letting them get in the way of the relationship and assuming "Meh, I'm just like that; They should accept me how I am". Problems in relationships often come from either of those two things, from what I've seen. I guess that goes for all sorts of relationships, from close to not-so-close.

That's about all I can say without feeling like I'm assuming way too much (...and honestly, I probably still did).

The rest is left to you.

Last edited:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Winning is always a good thing. Don't feel sad for others just because you beat them. If anything they should be studying more to keep up with a winner like you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom