• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker Missing Heart Piece, ZD Mistake, or Both?

You may have seen my previous blog about the supposed 'missing heart piece' in WW. I'm looking for an answer, theory, or anything having to do with this. I have searched through both the wiki and WW top to bottom. I am missing 1 or 2 treasure charts but they are both silver rupees. I have also followed the 100% walkthrough perfectly except for treasure charts, but I already said, I've seen all treasures for the charts. Now, on the ZD walkthrough on the section before collecting the triforce shards. It said it covers heart pieces 42 and 43. It covers 43 and 44, but no 42.This leads me to believe that WW is missing 1 heart piece. I have noticed this many times on the guide, but forgot to talk about it until now. As an FYI I have all items, all treasure charts but 2, the remaining charts are silver rupees, I have went to each and every island and completed it, and I have defeated Ganondorf.

Yes, that was the best one to get. I positively love the savage labyrinth! When I borrow it from my dad i'll take a quick run through everything again. But I used the walkthrough most of the way through the game, so this must be a ZD mistake!

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Well, I can tell you that the game is not missing a Heart Piece, because I have done a 100% run of Wind Waker. The only way I could fully determin the situation is if you were to tell me EVERY locotion of EVERY Heart Piece you have gotten. Since You cannot possibly do that, We will have to either assume that skipped over one, or the ZD walkthrough is flawed.

The ZD walkthrough says

- Use Treasure Chart #5 on Thorned Fairy Island to get Piece of Heart #42

I believe I have charts 1 through about 20 with no charts skipped.
Edit: for all wondering where I found the flaw here is the link: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda09-the-wind-waker-walkthrough-11.php#PoH43scroll down the triforce charts and click heart piece 42, it leads to heart piece 43, even if you scroll up there is no box telling about heart piece 42.
Edit 2: I have fully located the flaw. The final upgrades section covers thirty-something to 42, but only says up to 41. Triforce charts covers 43 and 44 but says it covers 42 and 43. May I kindly ask one of the site staff who reads this to fix this flaw, and if you are a moderator/administrator that is not site staff, please tell a site staff member about this and ask them to fix it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom