• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will we see Link's iconic tunic in BotW?

Will Link's tunic be seen in BotW?

• Of course!

• I dont know.

• I doubt it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am of the opinion that it will be some kind of side quest reward, and that it will have some kind of cool ability. Maybe double damage? Stealth abilities? Let me know what you think.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
As we see in the footage, like has a great variety of clothes that he can wear. I think that the hero's tunic will be an option at some point but knowing how non-linear the game is, I would be very surprised if you were forced to wear it. It will probably be for us nostalgics who can't go without the old tunic.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I am of the opinion that it will be some kind of side quest reward, and that it will have some kind of cool ability. Maybe double damage? Stealth abilities? Let me know what you think.

Bruh, it's the heros tunic not the stone mask. Plus this ain't TFH the clothes probably won't give you upgrades besides defense/speed type boosts.

I sure hope so. While I really like the new outfit, it would be sacrilegious to not include the traditional green hero's garb.

with the amount of clothing options we are likely to have in BotW, I think it's a given we will see some form of green tunic. I am glad Link's main outfit, or at least the one he gets from the outset this time, is different. I think the green tunic is iconic but a little played out at this point.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
with the amount of clothing options we are likely to have in BotW, I think it's a given we will see some form of green tunic. I am glad Link's main outfit, or at least the one he gets from the outset this time, is different. I think the green tunic is iconic but a little played out at this point.

I mean, it's just something you wear... I don't see how it can be "played out" but that's just me, keep in mind there are numerous other clothes that he can wear especially in TFH

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
I really do hope so..... Idk what others think.. and alltho I know others may find it foolish I say this..... The tunic is a part of Zelda...... The heros tunic is zelda....... its how its supposed to be......in the very least in my eyes.... a zeldagame lacking in direct zelda elements like the tunic, a hylian shield, the princess....... and even hyrule in itself.... if its lacking more or all of these... I tbh wont be able to see it as a fullhearted Zeldagame.
Im not saying its gonna be bad anyways..... but, Zelda to me..... has all or most of these elements. All arent nessecary... not atall... but Id say its definately a major perk! <3

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
As an amiibo bonus yes. As a story essential outfit, no cause the main iconic story essential outfit in this game is the main one from the official videos and the official artwork. And that outfit is the Champion Shirt, with the Hylian Trousers and that hooded cloak that we still don't know the name of yet.
Wow. How about... No? Just because something is featured in the artwork doesn't make it "essential" to the story. It's just a freaking default shirt. That's a lot like saying the leather armor in Final Fantasy is important. :/

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Wow. How about... No? Just because something is featured in the artwork doesn't make it "essential" to the story.

Actually, in this case, YES, it does! If it wasn't important to the story, then it wouldn't be in EVERY SINGLE PIECE of OFFICIAL ARTWORK we SEE! Also, if the green tunic was going to play a story role, we would've seen it by now. So far, the main focus icon outfit for Link in this game is the Hylian Champion clothes. We've yet to see official artwork of him wearing any of the other outfits. Even if we do see him wear any of the other outfits in future official artwork of him, there will probably only be at least one to few each of only some of the more important outfits other than the iconic main story-canon one, like the quilted shirt clothes that makes Link resistant to cold, an outfit that allows Link to breath underwater, an outfit that makes Link heat-resistant, the clothes that Link starts with, and of course that armor from the trailer. That's it. Mostly just story (canon) and/or quest (canon) important/essential or recommended stuff.

My point is that, the reason why we keep seeing Link always usually wearing that Hylian Champion's clothes in the game, official artwork, and even AMIIBO (for crying out loud), is because these clothes ARE the story canon replacement for the green tunic!

It's just a freaking default shirt.

So was Link's GREEN TUNIC! I guess the green tunic was never important to the story and lore of the traditional style games in your logic, all just because the green tunic is a default clothing option. Sorry but the green tunic is just as canon as the Master Sword. And now, so is the Hylian Champion's clothes. Sorry but it's the truth. And you deny the truth, then you need help.

That's a lot like saying the leather armor in Final Fantasy is important.

Leather =/= Metal. Seriously, if you've actually played FF, you'd know that the default armor of the warrior is actually a red METAL armor, not a BROWN leather armor. I think you may be thinking of a FF fangame made with RPG Maker XP or something. Or maybe you play too much Elder Scrolls, Fantasy Life, and/or Minecraft, and from some reason you mistake those for FF. And also, FF works differently from Zelda anyways, seeing as most of them are turn based RPG while some of them are Action RPG, then others being tactical rpg like Fire Emblem. But pretty much all of them have usually never showed player what the characters actually looked like while wearing the different outfits. The characters in the FF games are always usually just wearing the default outfits, regardless of what is actually equipped to that character. Like the only change to the character you might see sometimes in some of the FF games is if you changes weapons and shield. Those are only things that change, visually speaking.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Actually, in this case, YES, it does! If it wasn't important to the story, then it wouldn't be in EVERY SINGLE PIECE of OFFICIAL ARTWORK we SEE! Also, if the green tunic was going to play a story role, we would've seen it by now. So far, the main focus icon outfit for Link in this game is the Hylian Champion clothes. We've yet to see official artwork of him wearing any of the other outfits. Even if we do see him wear any of the other outfits in future official artwork of him, there will probably only be at least one to few each of only some of the more important outfits other than the iconic main story-canon one, like the quilted shirt clothes that makes Link resistant to cold, an outfit that allows Link to breath underwater, an outfit that makes Link heat-resistant, the clothes that Link starts with, and of course that armor from the trailer. That's it. Mostly just story (canon) and/or quest (canon) important/essential or recommended stuff.

My point is that, the reason why we keep seeing Link always usually wearing that Hylian Champion's clothes in the game, official artwork, and even AMIIBO (for crying out loud), is because these clothes ARE the story canon replacement for the green tunic!

So was Link's GREEN TUNIC! I guess the green tunic was never important to the story and lore of the traditional style games in your logic, all just because the green tunic is a default clothing option. Sorry but the green tunic is just as canon as the Master Sword. And now, so is the Hylian Champion's clothes. Sorry but it's the truth. And you deny the truth, then you need help.

Leather =/= Metal. Seriously, if you've actually played FF, you'd know that the default armor of the warrior is actually a red METAL armor, not a BROWN leather armor. I think you may be thinking of a FF fangame made with RPG Maker XP or something. Or maybe you play too much Elder Scrolls, Fantasy Life, and/or Minecraft, and from some reason you mistake those for FF. And also, FF works differently from Zelda anyways, seeing as most of them are turn based RPG while some of them are Action RPG, then others being tactical rpg like Fire Emblem. But pretty much all of them have usually never showed player what the characters actually looked like while wearing the different outfits. The characters in the FF games are always usually just wearing the default outfits, regardless of what is actually equipped to that character. Like the only change to the character you might see sometimes in some of the FF games is if you changes weapons and shield. Those are only things that change, visually speaking.
Bro I didn't have to specify which Final Fantasy. And I never said anything about starting as a warrior. :/ Putting him in the same clothes for the promotional art is probably just to save confusion. People might think, "Wait! Are there more Links?" Or "Is Link going through different time periods?" Or "Is Link's race optional." You don't know that they are a replacement, that's only speculation.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I don't question it at all, apparently Gustav had a keen fashion sense and Link has been copying him ever since. (I know that doesn't fit the timeline but I feel like that's what was intended by MC's storyline)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom