• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Power Supply Help

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I moved to Europe and brought my NTSC Wii with me. My sister plugged my Wii in and luckily it only fried the power supply. I need a new power supply and I was wondering if a Power supply that came from a PAL system would work or if it would fry the system.

PLEASE HELP!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh yeah, NTSC systems I don't think are licensed for use outside of the US. A PAL supply won't work with a NTSC system UNLESS you have a power converter (I read about one).I think they have different wiring and other things having to do with electromagnetics but I don't know for sure. And I think there is a difference in voltage for PAL items vs NTSC/J/U items. If that's true, that's the reason why it fried.

Your best bet is to get a PAL Wii altogether to avoid any electrical mishaps, I really don't want to hear about anyone getting hurt from that stuff!

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
The problem is that I have around 30 NTSC games that won't work on a PAL system. I have a transformer now, so maybe I should just import a new NTSC plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom