• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Wierd Changes in the Zelda World

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
Source: http://forums.zeldainformer.com/topic/5425-japanese-re-translations/page__p__94915&#entry94915

@The image above:

1. The lost woods seem to indefinitely be some sort of woods that surround all of Hyrule (we just access them in different places in each game - hence why they always lead to different places.)
2. Zora's domain seems to be a different one in TP than anywhere else (like in ALttP or OoT - of coarse if ALttP comes after ST, that point is moot).
3. Mt. Crenel is almost certainly Death Mountain:
mt_crenel_vs_mt_desu.png

Hopefully you actualy know japanese. Cause I merely do know how Katagana works and how to use Google Translate. ...Speaking of GTranslate, it renders the sentence as (in english) :
Many years ago I got the name of the One who make our village was great
And in french :
Il ya plusieurs années j'ai eu le nom de Celui qui font de notre village a été une grande (''Several years ago I got the name of the One who found our village has been a great.'')
If I translate only the word your quote said meant 'built', it gives me 'make' in english, and 'assurez' (''assure/ensure'') in french.

Well, anyway, maybe we're getting off-topic now.

I agree with both your points 1 and 2, the lost woods seem to change place in every game, so I don't think they are supposed to be the same forest or the same part of the forest(s). For Zora's Domain, it actualy isn't at the same place it was in OoT, sor for sure it's not the same either.

TP geography is always a cool topic! ;-)
Everything's bigger, and strangely, there are canyons/crevasses everywhere in the land. So, a few friends and I have advanced a theory from an idea I had read somewhere, and which is that the land has changed due to some sort of earthquake / tectonic activity(ies). Which would explain why everything's bigger, why Death Moutain is not at the exact same place, why the mountain looks weird, why both Kakariko villages are kinda desertic, why there are three rivers instead of one, why Lake Hylia is lower, and why the desert is cut from the rest of the world. In fact, maybe the big goal of some earthquake was to cut the desert from people who would eventualy come to play with the (spoiler) mirror (spoiler). So maybe the earthquake was a cataclysm, like the flood in the Adult Timeline (WW etc.), possibly caused by the Godesses too.
wow i never really thought of it like that! of coarse all hyrules are diffrent but yah that makes sence, i actualy didnt even notice that kakirio village (the old one) was farther away i knew about the desert and like hilia but great theroy for the earthquake

Pinecove

Last Chance
I agree with both your points 1 and 2, the lost woods seem to change place in every game, so I don't think they are supposed to be the same forest or the same part of the forest(s).

I think you're misunderstanding me - I believe the lost woods IS the same forest in every game - just that we access different parts of it and don't know where the hell we're going.

Also that translation above is done by someone who is/was far better than I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom