• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages Why Were These Games Generally Ignored?

The Oracle Games are some of my favorite Zelda games. They are absolute masterpieces... so why did many people play Link's Awakening and then skip over the Oracle Games? Was it because they came at the end of the Gameboy Color's life time?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You just answered the question, I think. Remember that the Game Boy Advance was fresh and people weren't busybodying their GBCs anymore. :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
But remember, that was then and here is now. I'm almost certain that the Oracle g ames will receive renewed attention thanks to their upcoming port on the 3DS shop. 3DS is a fresh system as is the virtual console, so expect a blow out of threads regarding the entries.

Skittles

Rainbows!
They're some of the hardest in the series. Really, I mean it that. I've always found the Oracles really difficult and I'm sure that reputation hasn't helped them either. Plus, they weren't made by Nintendo, which puts another damper (for some buyers) on them. They're rather fun, but I honestly have never beaten them, sadly...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Because they generally just weren't as liked as LA. I personally prefer them, but I'm a minority. And after getting OoT and MM, fans began to view 2D as outdated. Note that ALL the 2D sales went down at this point.

It's a shame, they are two fantastic titles, and in my opinion among the best games the GBC had to offer. Certainly it was better than Link's Awakening, which is something to be said.

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
It could possibly be because gamers have never heard of them. I can imagine gamers today thinking of OoT, MM, SS, etc. when you mention Legend of Zelda games, yet when you go on to talk about the Oracle series or, up until very recently, even A Link To the Past, they tend to not know about those games. I've ran into many a gamer who havsn't heard of many older Zelda titles. Of course, that's probably a minority but still, it's food for thought.

I really liked LA and the fact that the Oracle games were made by Capcom doesn't effect me as I liked some of their franchises and they do great work on their games, I'm looking forward to these classics.

Hey Vampire Squid, the vampire squid is an actual species of squid, its Latin name is Vampyrotuethis infemalis which translates to Vampire squid from hell, I'm not making this up I've done some research on squid species.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It could possibly be because gamers have never heard of them. I can imagine gamers today thinking of OoT, MM, SS, etc. when you mention Legend of Zelda games

...But MM was released earlier and did worse than the oracles in sales...

My own personal theory is that it was same reason I ignored them. They came right after the N64 games. Depending on which you played, Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, chances were you might have been expecting the next game to be bigger. I myself ignored them because I believe a handheld Zelda wasn't what I wanted, I wanted something big and grand on a major console.

Years later I've come to regret this decision and now I want to play the games once they release next week, at the time of this reply being posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom