• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why No 6-Gen Megas?

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
So, I've noticed that there don't seem to be any Mega evolutions of ANY of the new ones, and I'm wondering, "why?"
Is there even a reason? Or did they introduce Megas only to give older gens an edge or something?
Or, could it be that maybe they're not done making evolutionary chains on newer ones?
Even if that's so, there are still already 3-chain new Pokemon they could use, so, why not?

What do you guys think? Or is there actually an official explained reason that I don't know?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm not sure if there's an official reason why, I just think it's more of a nostalgic and easing people into it thing. People seeing their favorite Pokemon in Mega forms would mean more than if they saw Mega forms for the new Pokemon. It would also be confusing to add a new gameplay element on the new Pokemon. People already know how to use the older Pokemon, so giving them Mega evolutions would be less confusing than giving new Pokemon megas. I guess what I'm trying to say that the addition of mega evolutions is a simpler concept to use in game and competitively when using them with Pokemon we are already familiar with. If that made any sense.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Because Game Freak wanted to make sure they were balanced in and of themselves first. Megas are exclusive to the first four generations for now because V and VI are so recent, and therefore designed much more for the modern metagame than their predecessors.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Ah, I see. I guess that would make sense... But I wouldn't see it as too confusing if say, only one or two new ones had Megas.

Link18

link18
game freak wanted to let us get usec to gen 6 pokemon that was the official reason there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom