• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Does Everyone Think the Water Temple is So Hard?

C

clayton2243

i have been wondering thins since the game came out,all my freinds always had so much trouble beating the water temple and i never understood it,like its challenging but its towards the end of the game,isnt it supposed to ce challenging,and really it isnt hard it just has alot of puzzles,which by the way arnt hard either.this is my favorite dungeon and if anyone agtees withme please coment!:)

Kirino

Tatakae
It was hard for me because of all the small keys and it was just plain confusing. There were so many doors and keys that I got lost. The enemies and puzzles are sort of easy, so it's not really hard, just confusing to me.

To me what makes it hard is constantly removing and putting on the iron boots.
What makes it is trying to find your way through it.
Im always getting lost trying to remember where to go.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been playing this level since the game came out for the N64 and i still get lost and find myself retracing my steps regular.
You see because its not hard to you does not mean others will not find it tough.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A level is only tough because they find it tough.
If someone finds it easy then uts an easy level.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
The water temple isn't really hard, persay, it's just confusing, because there are so many doors and options in one room (the big main room) that you don't know where to start or where to go next.
I used to always use a walkthrough for it, but in my last playthrough where I was doing the 3 heart challenge, I tried to do the temple without the walkthrough and I did it. The water temple is intimidating at first because you constantly have to change the water levels and there are so many doors, but once you really try to focus on it, it's really not that hard.
The boss is easy though, as complicated as the actual dungeon may be.

well its hard and annoying to my ADHD so ill use a youtube video walkthorugh for this and the forest temple haha i always forget the foprest temple lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It isn't hard, it's just tedious and people forget where to go first. Something I found out though was that the temple basically works from the ground up, so go to the bottom first, then work your way up collecting Small Keys as you can. Some people say they hated switching Iron Boots, I never found a problem with it (but I guess it would be kinda annoying if your game takes a second or two to put on the subscreen). And I mean, the mini boss is the coolest miniboss in the game, or at least I'd like to think so.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
I think it's difficult because I love skipping steps and moving through dungeons as quickly as possible...that's not allowed in the Water Temple. For me, I'm required to slow down and take it one room at a time. I simply do not function that way, so it is a huge challange to me. No matter how many times I play it, I will get stuck beyond repair and have to go back to the beginning and pretend like I'm doing it all over again. Once I get the longshot though, it get's easier.

Oh yeah. And there's Dark Link. XD If you fight him properly, with nothing but a sword, it adds to the difficulty of the entire dungeon. And, I'm stubborn, so I've never fought him any other way. It's over-all the hardest dungeon I've ever played.

M

Mrwarfishy

the water temple is like the majoras mask dungeons. thats why people say both are hard, water temple and mm dungeons. both have a thing you have to work with to get to certain areas. in majoras mask they were the poison(best bullet album ever) the pillar the flow of the water and the upside down and right side up temple. in the water temple it was the height of the water. this limits your possible areas until you unlock the dungeon item which allows you to go to a area without changing the thing you work with as much which makes it possible to complete the temple

OhYeah!

♫A▼▲A▼▲
I found it pretty easy when I first played it on the 3DS a couple of days ago. If you only get the Dungeon Map and Compass the keys aren't a big trouble. The puzzles was easy but I found both Shadow Link and Morpha pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom