• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why a Beetle?

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Has anyone else thought about why a beetle was their choice of flying creatures? I mean, why couldn't it have been something epic like the Hawk from TP? Or at least some sort of device.

What do you think? Is a beetle a little lame?

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Ok, then why make a giant beetle boss? I'm staring to think this game is going to be less epic, but more clever. I liked the mega-seized bosses in TP, I don't think we're getting that in SS.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Because, beetle's are just un-epic, besides, we already have a bug as a boss, the scorpion, why another one? I just don't think the bosses will be very challenging, and that saddens me. :( Also, if they already have a beetle, why make another one? I think Nintendo needs to start from the ground up on their boss battles.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
By beta area, they meant the area that that Miyamoto was exploring and showing us, not the trailer. Who cares if it's an Arachnid, it's an insect, in my eyes, they very similar.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
You're actually right, I think I would rather see a beetle than a scorpion, since it is so overused. But still, a beetle is such a bad choice for an item, IMO.

How did this post become talking about bosses and when has an item ever resembled the boss of the dungeon its in?

They said they wil be mixing it up and twisting the plot this time around, so maybe the item is the boss, but with a something like the fused shadow, and they will let you get hte item after killing it. This is the nontwisted forumula. Feild -> Dungeon -> Map -> Compass -> Miniboss -> Item -> Boss Key -> Boss -> Repeat. Maybe the new method is this. Bossless Dungeon -> Map -> Feild -> Miniboss One -> Boss -> Item -> Miniboss Two -> A Different Feild -> Town -> Dungeon with a Boss -> Etc...

Oh so like metroid where you get upgrades after every boss fight. I mean I don't think there is going to be a boss that looks like the beetle in the game. I think the item looks really fun espically if they can find new interesting uses for it.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
I think the real question here is... why not a beetle?
Could be a very vague homage to the Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom