• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Who's the Worst Villian?

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
This is a playback from my first (and no so successful) forum of "Who's the Coolest Villian?". I now know that everybody likes Majora's Mask, but which villian do you hate? You could talk about the most obnoxious villian (one you'd want to slap in the face), the hardest villian, and your all time least favorite villian.
For me, the most obnoxious villian is definetly Chancelor Cole, because not only is this inhuman demon the cause of Princess Zelda's "death", but he enjoys betraying a lot of people. For hardest villian, I'll have to go with Malladous, because in his first stage of the battle, he tries to hurl rocks at Zelda, and if she gets a single hit from one to have to start all over again. And, finally, for my least favorite villian, let's hear it for Bellum. Bellum didn't say a word of his evil, and he was more of a boss than an evil villian. And his biggest accomplishments is
trapping the life force of a big whale
and possesing Linebeck's body.
Well, enough from me. I want to hear what YOU think.

D

derkcloud

Zant was fun, but he was unimpressive. He was pathetic. Didn't even have any power of his own, and his whole motive was that he was a jealous butthurt.

Djinn

and Tonic
Bellum's capturing and stealing the life force of the god of that world is a fairly impressive feat. But I would have to agree that Bellum was definitely the most forgettable Zelda villain. He had no characterization or much of a motivation beyond doing your typical giant monster things. He simply appeared to be yet another large monster that is almost commonly found around Hyrule waiting in the depths of dungeons until a hero comes along to slay it. Only this time nobody had the correct weapon to stop the creature so it ran amok for too long.

And when there have been so many other dungeon bosses that were both visually more impressive and interesting to the story, Bellum slides even lower on the interesting villain scale. He appears to be more of an example of what happens when one of the many giant monsters is not defeated by a legendary hero soon enough. Or the specific weapon necessary to defeat it cannot be found, so the monster grows into a much greater threat and is placed on a pedestal of Hyrule conquering villains equal to that of Ganondorf or Zant. When really Jalhalla, Argorok, or Bongo Bongo would be just as dangerous a threat to all the people of Hyrule if they ever escaped their dungeons and roamed freely. Often without a special item they are essentially undefeatable.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I wish there were more right-hand villains we could blame. :)

All the main bosses were pretty cool to me, but the worst probably, sadly, has to be Zant. He started out as a cool villain, but all credibility of his character was ravaged when he turned psychotic. I realize that Nintendo understood the game wouldn't have been long enough for them to complete the entire story if they kept Zant on as the single perpetrator of evil, but they had to bring in a second force in order for the consummate everything. And by default that second force had to be Ganondorf.

Well, everyone that I know likes or love Majora's Mask. I thought it was a waste of time and Nintendo could do better.
Majora's Mask, yes, rumor's and fact's about it are pretty scary, yes. But nothing to really do about it.
and Majora get slower? Like seriously, why give someone a Powerful Mask that is very ready to used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom