• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would You Rather Buy Darksiders: Crytek or Platinum Games?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So as any Darksiders fan should know by now, former Vigil workers at Crytek plan to purchase back the Darksiders IP in the upcoming THQ auction. That's great, but I'm surprisingly taking this with a grain of salt. Why? ...Well, part of me wants Platinum Games to buy it.

I once talked about my uncertainty about Platinum buying the Darksiders IP since they only work on high-octane Action games, but Axle recently brought it to my attention that they were the makers of the brutally underrated Okami back when they were Clover Studios working for Capcom. They've proven that they can produce both great action and great exploration & dungeons, and what they make is always top-notch, so I was beginning to cross my fingers for them making the next Darksiders game.

However, Vigil showed they could do more than make a merely good Action-Adventure game that wasn't as pretty as either franchise it took influence from, but that they could make a superb Action-Adventure game that, while still not on par with the first three God of War games and Zelda's elite titles (ALttP, OoT, MM, TMC, SS), held its own in the genre and then some. They also would have a much stronger foundation in the lore, considering they're the ones that came up with it, so they would be a better option than Platinum as far as depicting the next Horseman goes.

This has left me torn. Going with Platinum Games would create an almost sure-fire elite Zelda/God of War clone that rivals the best of the best with the drawback of the story potentially not going where it was intended to, but going with Crytek would make sure the story goes where it WAS intended to with the potential drawback of the series not reaching its fullest potential. Whatever happens, I'm certain Darksiders III will be a great game and that it will outdo Darksiders II, but... it's just tough for me at this point.

So what about you? Who would you rather snag the Darksiders IP?

Last edited:

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
The heart and soul of darksiders franchise, the artistic direction of Joe Mad, is gone. The only way there will be a true Darksiders III is if he is involved, no matter the gameplay. I think he will more likely be involved if it goes to Crytek, because of the involvement of the original development team. So therefore my vote is Crytek, even with the possibility that it will be a very long time before DS III. But im not going to be a true believer unless, again, Joe Mad is involved in some capacity.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I still haven't played a single entry in the Darksiders series yet, but I have touched on the demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance last night and it feels like a very solid game. It may have been Kojima's directions, but the gameplay is great and the graphics are stellar. In my mind that would be best for Darksiders. Give me some of dat Platinum Games, qurl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom