• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters
And Kitsu ww link isn't the strongest there's no argument there but this isn't about brute strength. This is about resourcefulness (ww link has plenty of that) endurance (again ww link can take alot what with his grandma's soup and his speed), and finally what they have at hand (tp link though he has a large arsenal of items and weapons a large amount of them are useless). And even if tp link used the magic armor ww link would simply run it out.

If it's about endurance and resourcefulness, then why would AlttP Link beat him? Besides, both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess Link seem to have gone through a lot.

Like everyone else appearantly does you Vergoagogo have missed the part of my posts where I pointed out that Link from ww had to prove himself that he could save hyrule. That means he had to have been pretty skilled. Then there's the fact of his parry attack which allows him to not only dodge an attack with ease but also counterattack. Then in the ganondorf battle of ww link could've simply waited for tetra/zelda to hit him with a light arrow but you can parry ganondorf to strike him without the help of tetra. True he was without the top but still he was pretty dang powerful. And if he wanted to he proabably could've gone Ganon form on Link and Tetra like he did in games like oot and tp. True no other link needed to be rescued before ww (or since) but an ocean is much more dangerous than a mass of dry land (and most of the things that put link in danger were cheap shots/unexpected). Yeah tp link could've easily beaten the enemies he was allegedly 'rescued' from but if they were keese like angelkid said then ww link could've done the same with his great spin attack another of his advantages over tp link. Not to mention ww link has some more powerful ranged weapons like the light arrows in addition to his granny's soup (heals him completely, restores all his magic, doubles his attack power until he gets hit, and can be used twice). Ww link would simply pwn tp link. And then alttp link would pwn ww link. And Kitsu ww link isn't the strongest there's no argument there but this isn't about brute strength. This is about resourcefulness (ww link has plenty of that) endurance (again ww link can take alot what with his grandma's soup and his speed), and finally what they have at hand (tp link though he has a large arsenal of items and weapons a large amount of them are useless). And even if tp link used the magic armor ww link would simply run it out.

First of all, use paragraphs. Moving from one topic to the next in one wall of text is bad.

Second, you've proved nothing. You've admitted I WAS right in all scenarios, but you come up with the stupidest reasons to try and overcome the facts. An ocean is more dangerous.....? What? That proves......nothing. At all.

Third, let go of the parry attack. TP Link and other Links have far better techniques. Mortal Draw kills in one hit, and never misses. Please, beat that with your precious parry attack that just made the game easier.

Fourth, you admit I'm right with everything. Therefor, your post is just spam with more flawed logic attached to it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
First of all, use paragraphs. Moving from one topic to the next in one wall of text is bad.

Second, you've proved nothing. You've admitted I WAS right in all scenarios, but you come up with the stupidest reasons to try and overcome the facts. An ocean is more dangerous.....? What? That proves......nothing. At all.

Third, let go of the parry attack. TP Link and other Links have far better techniques. Mortal Draw kills in one hit, and never misses. Please, beat that with your precious parry attack that just made the game easier.

Fourth, you admit I'm right with everything. Therefor, your post is just spam with more flawed logic attached to it.

Spam you say? How is my argument spam?

And okay so moving from one topic to the next is bad I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

And yes the mortal draw kills in one hit but you can defend against it (ever tryed to mortal draw a dinalfos in the tot in tp? it works about 7% of the time cuz they use their shields) and the parry attack again is the best technique in any zelda. 'Back Slice tp link? Well that's okay cuz I'll parry myself outta the way.'

And then the Hurricane Spin. If used well then it's the second most valueable technique ever. If not then it spells your doom against tp link admittedly.

I never admitted you were right. Tp link would be a tough obstacle but ww link would win. Everyone seems to hate just cuz I have a bad rep... thats kinda mean...

Spam you say? How is my argument spam?

And okay so moving from one topic to the next is bad I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

And yes the mortal draw kills in one hit but you can defend against it (ever tryed to mortal draw a dinalfos in the tot in tp? it works about 7% of the time cuz they use their shields) and the parry attack again is the best technique in any zelda. 'Back Slice tp link? Well that's okay cuz I'll parry myself outta the way.'

And then the Hurricane Spin. If used well then it's the second most valueable technique ever. If not then it spells your doom against tp link admittedly.

I never admitted you were right. Tp link would be a tough obstacle but ww link would win. Everyone seems to hate just cuz I have a bad rep... thats kinda mean...

Your argument is spam because they're poorly typed and have nothing to back them up.

Tell me, is WW Link shorter than TP Link? Yes. Can WW's one wooden shield block as well as a fully armored enemy? No. TP Link would slice through the shield and knock WW Link's head off.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hurricane spin = epic fail right there. Yeah, no control over direction PLUS it makes him dizzy! TP's METAL shield would easy block that junk, then he would slice WW Link's head of again once he's dizzy from said attack.

And yes, you have bad rep for a reason. I would suggest evidence to back up your posts, and some basic grammar skills.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Tell me, is WW Link shorter than TP Link? Yes. Can WW's one wooden shield block as well as a fully armored enemy? No. TP Link would slice through the shield and knock WW Link's head off.

Dude his shield isn't all wood and you seem to forget the mirror shield.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Hurricane spin = epic fail right there. Yeah, no control over direction PLUS it makes him dizzy! TP's METAL shield would easy block that junk, then he would slice WW Link's head of again once he's dizzy from said attack..

Actually you do have control over the direction you're going and it doesn't make link dizzy if he runs into something. Plus ww link could easily circle around tp link and get a hit or two in.

Master Kokiri said:
Actually you do have control over the direction you're going and it doesn't make link dizzy if he runs into something. Plus ww link could easily circle around tp link and get a hit or two in.

It is still something of a random attack, not nearly as accurate as any of Twilight Princess Link's attacks. Whilst wearing full armour, TP Link could defend against it (not to mention TP Link has a larger shield).

Also, you keep bringing up how great the Parry Attack is. Sure, it is effective and such, but in Twilight Princess, Link can have full armour, including a helmet, which would protect. Twilight Princess Link is also fairly agile as I have already mentioned.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
And if he wanted to he proabably could've gone Ganon form on Link and Tetra like he did in games like oot and tp.

True. He didn't though go Ganon, and I'm sure if he would, WW Links brains and guts would be on the floor and in Ganon's mouth in seconds. Heck, TP Link would have even been screwed if he didn't have the ability to change into Wolf Link.

Not to mention ww link has some more powerful ranged weapons like the light arrows

Light arrows? TP Link could block them with his shield. TP Link has bomb arrows. Even if he were to block them with his shield, he would still be blown to pieces, and the Ball and Chain. No shield any Link has ever possessed could block that. That'd make one hell of a WW Link pancake.

in addition to his granny's soup (heals him completely, restores all his magic, doubles his attack power until he gets hit, and can be used twice)

Yes his grannies soup. Arguably one of the most powerful healing elixirs. What's more powerful though? I'll tell you. There are two I can think of, both of the TP Link has. First is the Great fairy tears which completely own and second, and even more powerful is the Rare Chu Jelly which heals you and max's your attack and defence by about 3 times until you are hit again.

Would Like to point out that you are right, you can indeed control where you are going, however, very VERY slowly and in the time it took WW Link to 'circle round' TP Link, he could easily have circled with it and cover himself with his shield.

At this point, I'd like to make a pointer for AoL Link. Though his game is all so 2D. He is infact the only Link who you can change the postion of. Meaning, he is the only Link with the ability to attack below another Link's shield. I guess that all depends on how true to the games this fight is though :P.

V

vero_t34

totally TP! cmon he can change himself into a wolf for goodness sake! i love it its sexy haha

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*Skims topic* I hope you all are playing nice in my thread here... It looks like some of the arguing is getting tense.

Just a reminder to argue your points while still retaining respect for one another...

...otherwise, I'll declare that Vash the Stampede and Homer Simpson come along to take the donut. Vash has amazing supernatural gunmanship skills (he will not kill, being a technical pacifist, but will wound and disable) and Homer? Well, Homer has his amazing brute rage. (Imagines him grabbing WW Link by the neck like he does with Bart and shaking him, "Why, you little!" )

But, I will not declare that yet. That's my Game Over scenario for this if this turns into an actual nasty fight among forum members.

For now, the other two donut-lovers are standing on the sidelines, allowing the all-Link battle to continue.

(If that made no sense, it's because I'm feeling silly).

I'm going to have to agree with the majority here, Master Kokiri 9, You need to back up your argument with facts for why that certain thing would make your choice of Link win. As far as I have read, you have hardly done this.

Yes, WW Link may have the Parry attack or whatever you want to call it but as others have said TP Link has the mortal draw which as far as I know only 3-4 enemies can live through, 2 of the those being Zant and Ganondorf and another being the epically powerful Darknut.

I've chosen TP Link (and I'm sure I've stated it in this thread before) that I think TP Link would win.

TP Link has a great advantage with the 7 hidden powers, They give him the ability to change stratgy easily and blow a large hole into any opponent's defense/health. He also was chosen by the Gods, Pretty much all Links were (with a few exceptions I believe, I think Links like the OoX Link) chosen by the gods to hold the Triforce, In terms of being Link this is no great feat to do. A few other links also have a lot of experience, When it comes to the likes of TP and OoT Link, They both had to go through a vast amount of dungeons, More than enough to get a lot of experience off of.

Also TP Link has that huge arsenal of weapons which he could blow dents or even simply kill most of the weaker links with easily, He can wipe the younger ones off their feet with one hit to the face using his Ball and Chain, he has plenty of other weapons in which to bring death to the others.

WW Link didn't really do much in my opinion, for most of the game you were sailing around in a boat, The others move by any means they can but not sailing.

As it stands, this is all I am going to post, I may update later but thats it for now.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
*Skims topic* I hope you all are playing nice in my thread here... It looks like some of the arguing is getting tense.

Just a reminder to argue your points while still retaining respect for one another...

...otherwise, I'll declare that Vash the Stampede and Homer Simpson come along to take the donut. Vash has amazing supernatural gunmanship skills (he will not kill, being a technical pacifist, but will wound and disable) and Homer? Well, Homer has his amazing brute rage. (Imagines him grabbing WW Link by the neck like he does with Bart and shaking him, "Why, you little!" )

But, I will not declare that yet. That's my Game Over scenario for this if this turns into an actual nasty fight among forum members.

For now, the other two donut-lovers are standing on the sidelines, allowing the all-Link battle to continue.

(If that made no sense, it's because I'm feeling silly).

Man shadsie that the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!! Yeah so anyways I'm just going to stop posting here (the thread not the forums). Seems no one really sees how ww link could turn the tides (pun intended) against tp link to his own favor. But I'll keep thinking he'll win.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I'm pretty certain that TP Link would win handily in a one-on-one duel. He's essentially got all of WW Link's tricks minus the Hurricane spin plus the Mortal Draw, Jump Strike, Ending Blow, and Great Spin. His normal moves are kind of "locked in" in the sense that he's pretty much standing in one place while moving his sword around, but that's usually a boon in, again, one on one matches. His style is much more precise than WW.

However, we're not talking about a duel here. In this scenario, TP and WW are not fighting one-on-one, but rather a huge brawl between like ten Links. Fire arrows, boomerangs, and hookshots are bound to be flying everywhere, especially from the 2D Links with pathetic "slash in front" moves. In this situation, TP Link's precise style is going to be of little help to him, as he'll largely be staying in one place whenever he tries to press his formidable offense. Although only the 3D Links (and MC) really have considerable talent with the sword, TP Link's (and OoT/MM Link's) styles are similarly static. WW Link is the primary exception to this rule. Even his basic sword techniques are moving him over the ground his enemy loses, making it very easy for him to attack without getting "stuck" in a duel-like combat. While other Links normally have to be stationary to attack effectively, WW Link can be nimble while attacking, which provides him with the unique ability among the Links to not fear pressing an assault. It also makes it harder for the Links who rely on projectiles and such to get a bead on him- nothing can distract him or keep him still long enough to get off a good arrow or boomerang.

In my mind, WW Link is going to dominate the first half of the combat. While other Links are easy targets while readying themselves to attack, WW Link is going to be hit much less often. Meanwhile, TP Link, who possesses the Back Slice and Helm Splitter, is similarly going to be rather effective in this regard- in fact, while WW is clearly the king of offensive mobility, TP still beats out many of the others. To be honest, the final outcome is going to depend entirely on either 2D gimmicks (how effective are Bombos, Ether, Quake, Thunder, Din's Fire, or other area magics?) or how much TP gets beat up. If WW Link evades enough and TP takes too many bad hits, the health difference is likely to make the endgame odds even or better for WW.

So let's sum: WW Link has superior offensive mobility and is likely to come out of the first round (that is, until most of the untalented 2D Links are knocked out) without much damage, making the final duels by default in his favor.

TP Link has the most raw power and the second best mobility. He's also got some seriously powerful Hidden Skills such as the Great Spin and Mortal Draw that make him a serious threat in one-on-one combat.

OoT/MM Link and his adult counterpart are remarkably similar. OoT, MC, WW, and TP are the only Links with a jump attack, making up for a lack of real offensive mobility. He's also got Nayru's Love and Din's Fire, two area spells with decent effects. Din's Fire leaves him open, though, and Nayru's Love is no substitute for Magic Armor. However, the defense upgrade from the Great Fairy makes him fairly durable.

LoZ/AoL Link doesn't have much in his original game other than the recorder, which summons a tornado, but WW Link can do that too, I guess. However, in AoL, he gains some real game-breakers. Thunder is a way-powerful nuke spell that hits everything nearby, but it doesn't immediately kill bosses and thus isn't likely to have much of an impact on the average Link's crazy huge endurance meter. Life is severely hampered by the fact that it draws on his limited magic pool, as are most of his spells.

LttP/LA Link can get himself some really overpowered swords, but when your abilities are limited to "slash in front of you" and "spin around", it's less helpful. He does, however, have a ton of crazy trump card items, such as Bombos, Ether, Quake, and the Cane of Byrna. A large magic meter for these spells is also helpful, unlike AoL's sharply limited magic. It kind of depends on how his nuke spells stack up against the Link health meter, but their effectiveness on bosses is an indicator that says they might not be as powerful as they seem.

I haven't played the Oracles yet, so I'll leave them alone for now. However, I'm pretty certain they don't have much special in the way of weaponry- just the usual hookshots, arrows, bombs, and stuff. If anyone has input on this, that'd be great.

I haven't played MC, either, but I've seen LPs. He's got a surprising arsenal of sword moves, and although his basic abilities are limited to "slash and slash again", his skills allow him the kind of versatility the 3D Links tend to have. The Jump attack is the biggest selling point, actually- it gives him the much-needed offensive mobility compared to other 2D Links that he's likely to be one of the few 2D survivors of the initial round.

Finally, we've got FS/A. The main point here is that there's four of them. Problem is, they can only carry one weapon at once, and so even with their advantage of numbers, it's really just four extremely weak 2D Links. I doubt they'd present much of a problem for anyone unless they ganged up, but they're not likely to come out of the first round without their numbers too diminished to be effective.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Compelling argument, but Majora's Mask Link would win hands down. MM Link has Fierce Deity Mask which could beat anything! (Except Ganon) So that pretty much proves it. Also MM Link has many other forms such as Deku Scrub, Zora, and Goron. As well as various selections of masks!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Compelling argument, but Majora's Mask Link would win hands down. MM Link has Fierce Deity Mask which could beat anything! (Except Ganon) So that pretty much proves it. Also MM Link has many other forms such as Deku Scrub, Zora, and Goron. As well as various selections of masks!

This is true but it only works in boss battles. Plus they would likely confiscate it from mm link.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Depends on the nature of the neutral territory. If Alttp Link has access to the Dark World, he could theoretically just wait the battle out. Anyone who tries to come in after him gets turned into a bunny and can't escape without the magic mirror.

With the magic cape, bombos, quake, and ether, he can deal mass damage with impunity. TP Link might be able to see him anyway as a wolf. But at any rate I'd go with alttp link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom