• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Temple?

Which is the creepier temple?

• Shadow Temple(OoT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Earth Temple(WW)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ikana

Trollkastel
I would have to say the Shadow Temple. This temple gives off a horrible sense of dread and death that just gives you goosebumps. Many people were probably sentenced to death at the Shadow temple and were placed in the torture rooms that were held there. I don't really get that feeling with the Earth Temple in WW so Shadow temple gets my vote.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Shadow Temple. If I was in that Temple I be scared to death(most likely literally) As if it being behind a Graveyard wasn't creepy enough you have the Paintings on the walls, the Hylian history of bloodshed, the multiple torture rooms, the Floor and Wall Masters which could drop on at any given time, just walking along or after enter a room and hearing what sound like blades falling, and the atmosphere in general.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I voted for the Shadow Temple for three reasons, the first being those weird walls with the faces that talk to you and tell you about Hyrules bloody history, which is just creepy and intriguing at the same time. The second reason is the overall design of the Shadow Temple, I don't know about you guys, but the Shadow Temple made me feel trapped and it felt like it was a void that never ended, specifically the part of the Temple where you go on the boat. As for the design, it is full of traps and has blood on the walls. The traps were disturbing and all point toward death, for example the Guillotine cavern (points toward the a type of execution, decapitation) and the room with the spikey falling trap room ( which is kind of like a verticle Iron Maiden torture, I am talking about the old English type of torture not the band). My final reason why the Shadow Temple is creepier than the Earth Temple is the types of enemies that are in the Temple, sure there are the average Gibdos, Redeads, and Wallmasters, but what made me creeped out the most was the Dead Hand, just look at this picture to see why.
Dead_Hand.jpg

While I felt that neither of them were "scary." I do have a special love for the Shadow Temple as it is my favorite temple in the entire series of Zelda! It is definitely more creepy than the Earth Temple and that is why I LOVE it. <3<3<3<3

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
IgosDuIkana, it's pretty clear that you like the Shadow Temple, with your signature and avy and all. It was a diffuicult and crepy temple, but fun all the same. I guess I can agree with you though.

Last edited:

Teal

Useful Help.
Heh

This is my hearts in the shadow temple i start off with <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 then after i've been terrified i have <3<3<3.

Tael.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
the only thing really scary about the earth temple was that room you get stuck in thats full of redeads.....*i was so scared >.<*
though i have never been to the shadow temple, i know its much scarier.......*and probably has more redaeds....>.<*

Let's compare.
Shadow Temple: creepy music, deep chasms, invisible platforms, voices talking of bloodshed and evil, blood on the walls, drums playing in the background.-->Creepiness:9/10 (1 point taken off for it being less creepy during the day)
Earth Temple: not so creepy music, light puzzles lighting up the dark atmosphere, having a companion with you to reduce the feeling of loneliness, redeads looking clownish, the whole cartoonish atmosphere, an odd boss.-->Creepiness:2/10 (2 points for the death theme and the wallmasters)

So, all in all, the Shadow Temple. :ganondorf:

I

IlikeBacon

Shadow Temple. Although, even that one isn't very creepy to me. The Forest Temple is creepier IMO due to the music.

M

Medix

Shadow Temple for all the reasons listed here. Furthermore, I didn't found Earth Temple scary at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom