• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is the Best LoZ Handheld?

Which is the best handheld?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm thinking about buying one of the zelda handhelds and I'm wondering which one to buy. Some help?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I can't really give a very detailed answer on all of the series, I've completed only minish cap and phantom hourglass out of these, I disliked spirit tracks from the get go and haven't got very far Link's Awakening, although it seems like a really good game, and I've not even played the oracle games. I, personally would have to say minish cap is my favourite handheld zelda, it has a very immersive world with lots of sidequests to keep you busy, the story is quite interesting for a video game. Out of curiosity, are you a 3DS ambassador? If so I think Minish Cap has a high possibility of being a candidate for the 10 GBA games.
These are just my opinions on things, i'm sure you can extract a conclusion when more people comment.
I hope I helped :)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Of that list, I've only played Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. Spirit Tracks is the best, with Link's Awakening as a very close second. That's my opinion. I just love Spirit Tracks a lot. I love the story, the characters, the gameplay, the trains, everything. I didn't really find the controls for the Spirit Flute as tedious as some people said. Personally, I think Spirit Tracks is the best handheld Zelda (not including OoT3D), and is my fourth favorite Zelda game.

Last edited:

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Hey what about Ocarina of Time 3D? Isn't that a handheld? Oh well, I'll go with the list...hm....I'll pick Link's Awakening because it is the only Legend of Zelda handheld I've ever played (actually, I only played the remake).

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Link's Awakening is one of those Zelda games you simply HAVE to play, as it has impacted the rest of Zelda. The trading qust, in particular, is a recurring sidequest in the future Zelda installments. Minish Cap has also impacted Zelda. Instead of its dungeons being created and throwing an item in that lets you navigate it a little bit, then you use it on the boss and you're done with it forever, the dungeons in Minish Cap are built around the use of their item, and all of them are required in the Final Boss fights.

I say Minish Cap because it is a very good Zelda game, IMO. I liked it WAY better than Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Links Awakening.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I have not played the DS Zeldas, but I have played all the others. And I think Oracle of Ages is the best handheld Zelda game. It has very tough puzzles and is a challenging game to beat. It also has tough combat and enemies. And the final boss was really hard, which means perfect for the difficulty of a final boss.

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
This is a tough choice. I absolutely love the ds zelda games as well as the OoX games. But when it comes down to it, I think that the DS games were a lot more fun. And sailing is nowhere near as bad as conducting a train. So I'd have to say Phantom Hourglass.

geek4887

The Unknown
Man, it's a tie between OoT 3D and ALttP. But those aren't on the list, so I'm gonna go with Minish Cap. It was such a colorful game, with a fascinating story(although I heard that LA had a better one). The overworld was HUGE, and it also had a LOT of secrets, because you can go mini. So it sorta features dual overworlds. IMO, MC is the best handheld Zelda you've listed above. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
IMO, Oracles + Link's Awakening are the best of the selection. I guess I just love the complex simplicity of the graphical and gameplay styles, and that they weren't artificially hard like some other titles I've played are.

Last edited:

Ice Sage

these are words
I would have to say Oracle of Ages because it has great puzzles, dosen't get too boring on subsiquent plays (at least for me), and somewhat difficult bosses. Oh yeah, and it is fun.

I liked Spirit Tracks. To be honest, it was my first Zelda handheld and I loved everything about it. The story, the plot, the characters, the conflict, the game-play, EVERYTHING! Sadly, this is the only game I beat without using a walkthrough online or anything like that so I had HOURS of play time with this game. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom