• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Are You Looking Forward to More?

Which are you looking forward to more?

• Zelda WiiU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I know that neither of these have had any sort of info to them, but which are you looking forward to more?

I'm looking forward to Zelda WiiU more because Zelda 3DS, while it would have some changes, they wouldn't be as drastic as the ones for Zelda WiiU.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm looking forward to Zelda 3DS as I do not own a Wii U and probably won't for the next, say, four years or so (I completely skipped out on the Wii, wouldn't imagine the U being any different). Plus, with Z3DS, there is less room for real disappointment; 3DS games really aren't so big now that I look at rom filesizes, so of course there won't be as much content as one would come to expect on console counterparts.

3DS because i have a 3DS, it'll most likely show up before Zelda U and Nintendo are rumoured to be treating the 3DS game like they would for a home console game, and following OoT3D there is no reason why the 3DS game shouldn't be able to stand against the best of the 3D/home console outings. My only fear is that Nintendo pull the 3D trick too many times, I hate Mario 3D land for forcing the 3d on me, lest i want to run down holes, through boxes or miss jumps because a block isn't where it seems to be without the slider turned up, which sucks because 3D kills my eyes. So, worrying but i think Zelda 3DS will be a good installment. =]

I'm naturally really looking forward to both of them, but my anticipation is probably higher for the Wii U - HD graphics, a somewhat differently-used touch screen, and the success and inspiration of Skyward Sword to ride on. I'm highly interested in hearing what they have planned for Zelda 3DS, and it's kind of a shame they've barely spoken on it compared to Zelda Wii U (which, funnily enough, is also barely mentioned). I suppose I'm more inclined to Zelda Wii U as kind of a "prejudice"; most of the "big" Zelda games are on consoles, leading me to follow them more.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Although I'm looking forward to both I am perhaps more excited at the prospect of Zelda on Wii U.

The reasons why boil down to two things really: HD graphics and the Wii U Gamepad.

One of the reasons I instantly fell in love with Twilight Princess was its visual style, that of huge, grand open spaces, epic vistas and a lad that felt untamed at times, mysterious at others. The Wind Waker had a similar effect for me visually, with its vibrant colours bringing the world to life and seeing islands take shape from miles away on the horizon.
Visuals can play a big part on how much we like a game, even if they aren't the most important aspect. With HD graphics, Zelda could be given the grand, epic, majestic and expressive visual style it truly deserves.

Ocarina of Time 3D is far better than its N64 or GameCube predecessors and the main reason is because of the touch screen. Even just using it to have your map on display all the time and to manage your inventory streamlines the whole experience and just makes the game more enjoyable. When placed alongside traditional button controls and an analogue stick (well, Circle Pad) it has a control scheme that I honestly think is only bested by Skyward Sword's 1:1 Motion Control.
The Wii U Gamepad gives us touch next to traditional buttons and so I can't wait to see what items Nintendo come up with to take advantage of that. The Gamepad will serve to streamline the experience and provide some new twists to classic items so I can't wait to see what we end up with.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'm actually looking forward for both Zelda 3DS and Zelda Wii U. Although we don't know much about what Zelda game will be on the Wii U, doesn't mean our hopes will go down if another Zelda game is coming for the 3DS. Linda looking forward to this futuristic consoles.

Well i am looking forward more to the 3ds. I figure if they keep the OOT3d graphics then then can fit a large game (since OOT3d and OOT3d masterquest where both on the cartridge) so it shouldnt dissappoint as long as they keep it simple and not og off the wall. Plus it will be cheeper for me with 3 kids to get a $159 3ds then a $300 wiiu. Plus with no HD tv or even a flat screen lcd or whatnot i would miss the overall effect of the graphics.

3DS. After Skyward I'm not very excited about Wii U's Zelda, it'll be an attempt to showcase the gamepad and show off what it can do, which would be great but when Nintendo focus on one aspect of something then everything else seems to suffer.

Whereas OoT 3D was a remake that didn't screw around with touch controls to the extent that the DS titles did So i'd be happy on the 3DS to play a Zelda without a gimmick for the first time in 6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom