• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Where Would Zelda Wii U Fit in the Timeline?

I've recently ordered Hyrule Historia and I found the history of hyrule with the games listed in chronological order very interesting, and it got me thinking, where could new zelda games fit into the series? I've played almost all the games (excluding the ds games and four swords games) and I've been thinking about where a game could fit in. the main place that stands out to me is before A Link to the Past in the "Hero Fails" timeline. There are a lot of unexplained things that occur between Oot and Lttp, like how ganon got into the sacred realm and got the whole triforce without it breaking, where the wisemen came from, where ganon got the trident, Why is hyrule set up differently, why is the master sword in the lost woods instead of near hyrule castle in the temple of time, and etc. What are your thoughts?

As far as the HH goes with the Hero Defeated/Decline timeline, it does make a lot of things make sense and does mention in great detail everything that is going on much like the other 3 timelines so if you're reading the HH, the Decline timeline doesn't feel any more or less relevant than the others, its just the way the Decline timeline comes about that annoys people. So all in all a new game may not need go in the Decline timeline at all, it does make sense, its just a shame that all the games on the Decline timeline would have worked in the Adult and Child lines too.

As for where ZeldaU could go, it could go anywhere, it could be a straight sequel or it could take place in a gap, Nintendo can do anything they want. Personally i think it'll go in the Child Timeline after TP, i'm not so sure it'd be a straight sequel but i think ZeldaU is gonna be very similar to TP. The Child Timeline is what many people consider to be the most Canon of all the timeline probably because of when and how MM was released right after OoT and that TP is very much aware of OoT more than any other game in the series.

All open for speculation though.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is certainly an important factor in my opinion...

Well I think in HH it does actually explain what happened between Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. This was known as the imprisoning war and Ganon was sealed inside the Sacred Realm with the completed Triforce. How he got the Triforce? He defeated Link and got the other triforce piece from Zelda, thus him completing the full Triforce. This caused the seven wise men/sages to seal him actually within the Sacred Realm and because of his dark heart, it transformed the realm into the Dark World, seen in A Link to the Past. I hope this helps in a way.

I also thought about Nintendo touching this timeline since we haven't seen a game on this split in a long time, I was thinking at the the end of the timeline itself. However thinking recently, the child timeline seems rather empty at the moment. There are three games, Majoras Mask, Twilight Princess and Four Swords Adventures. Now there is a ton of room for multiple games on this timeline and we good with some notable connections as this is the only split that doesn't really contain concrete connections between the games.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda Wii U Fit?

Hmmmm well I'm guessing probably somewhere in the future. I don't think obesity was such an issue back in medieval times, which would lessen the demand for exercise games.

Yes ganondorf did get the whole triforce, that makes sense to me, I overlooked that when i started the thread. But where the seven wise men came from still is very unexplained. The sages couldn't seal ganon without links help, but when link dies they seal him sometime during the imprisoning war. I'd like to see a game that solidifies the Hero fails timeline as a legitamate timeline. If we had another game before Lttp, It could explain how ganondorf was sealed, as well as how twinrova came back to life.(twinrova is alive and well in the Oracle games, even though she died in Oot). I agree that we could also use another game in the child timeline. I'd like to see Termina with link as an adult. I currently saw a theory on youtube (can't remember who's) where they thought that Termina is a alternate version of Hyrule, sort of like an alternate universe. And the skull kid used majoras mask to send link to Termina. He theorized that link was stuck in termina but kept going to the lost woods everyday searching for hyrule. Heros shade is the Hero of time, but heros shade is obviously an adult stalfos, so link didn't die in the lost woods until adulthood, so a game would work right after MM.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
At the end of one of the existing three timelines or before OOT during the civil war.
I imagine the most likely choice they will make is on the child timeline some time after FSA.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
probably gonna revive the Defeat Timeline, but I can easily see it on the Child Timeline as well. I do not see it coming to the Adult Timeline; i want to say that Z3DS is filling that spot.

S

ST3V3D

Now that Nintendo has made an official timeline, they need to tie up the loose ends. Three different timelines is confusing. They should make a game that is an ending to all three timelines. That way there will only be one timeline, and they can continue to make games in order.

Does anyone else think that it would be cool if Zelda Wii U took place during the civil war era? Becasue you dont know much about that era except Oot ithink and it would be a cool era to have a game in.

D

dsonics

My guess, Nintendo is going to make this game in a spot where they have to completely re-do the time line ALL over again. cause' that's just how nintendo works.

RichardBlaziken

Mr. Blaziken
Now that Nintendo has made an official timeline, they need to tie up the loose ends. Three different timelines is confusing. They should make a game that is an ending to all three timelines. That way there will only be one timeline, and they can continue to make games in order.

This would be the worst thing they could do, in my opinion, and even harder to explain. The Failure Timeline already has an ending, and while it could go further if they chose to do so, it is not necessary to make it progress further than Zelda 2. The Adult Timeline has plenty of room to breathe completely new life into Zelda games, given the founding of New Hyrule in Spirit Tracks. The Child timeline has the most room in it for more similar Zelda games to the ones that have become the standard for the series as a whole. These timelines are all separate from each other, and ending any of them isn't really possible unless somehow Hyrule / The entire world is destroyed in one or more of them. What happens to one does not affect the other.

Anyway, in my opinion, Nintendo seems more than happy to take the timeline in any direction except forward since WW and TP. It may be time for a new "last story" in the adult or child timeline.

I honestly don't want any game after spirit tracks or even wind waker for that matter. There is no triforce, no ganon, so no reason for me to give a care about new hyrule. Spirit tracks is the worst game in the series anyways, I prefer it was just forgotten and shied away like the cdi games.(yes, it is that bad)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I honestly don't want any game after spirit tracks or even wind waker for that matter. There is no triforce, no ganon, so no reason for me to give a care about new hyrule. Spirit tracks is the worst game in the series anyways, I prefer it was just forgotten and shied away like the cdi games.(yes, it is that bad)

While I do think you're exaggerating a little bit, I agree that we shouldn't have a game on the adult timeline, at least not for a while. With Zelda 3DS returning to the decline timeline (which hasn't seen a new game since 2001), I think Zelda Wii U is going to go on the child timeline, since it will be the least updated timeline at the time of release. If not there, then it will probably go after AoL, with a new villain.

I'm hoping for a game between majoras mask and twilight princess with the hero of time, we haven't seen him in a while and he is my favorite hero. The other one i would love to see is a prequel to OoT about the civil war and how all the shiekah died and things like that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm hoping for a game between majoras mask and twilight princess with the hero of time, we haven't seen him in a while and he is my favorite hero. The other one i would love to see is a prequel to OoT about the civil war and how all the shiekah died and things like that.

It would be great if we at least got some explanation of what happened prior to OOT. All we know right now is that there was a huge war, which ultimately led to Link's birth in the Kokiri Forest. Maybe we could have a game with a different Link, which takes place during said Civil War, and the Link in that game could be OOT Link's father. And then we get to see what happened to him, and why Link's mother had to flee to Kokiri Forest to die

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom