• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Do You Take Showers/baths?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
From personal experience, I know this is wrong. When I wake up I smell like **** and I will continue to smell like **** all day, antiperspirant or not. My friends are the same way. People can tell if I haven't showered, because they say "You smell like ****". And I think it's CERTAINLY wrong to say daily bathing doesn't keep you cleaner. What? That's like saying washing your hands doesn't keep your hands cleaner. Bathing gets various things off of your body, it is certainly keeping you cleaner. Otherwise, why bathe at all? This is archaic.

I can't believe as a male you are actually able to say that. I remember when I was in grade 7 and people started bathing daily, and there were those couple of kids who were just starting puberty who always smelled like **** because they didn't shower every day. They wore antiperspirant and/or deodorant, but they didn't shower so they smelled. Certainly, as a male, you went through puberty and know this to be true.

Now, it gets better the older you get, but during puberty if you don't shower, you will smell like ****, and people will make fun of you for it.
Funny thing about science, get this, it doesn't care if you don't like it or not. It is what it is. No matter what anyone's feelings on it are. Your "personal experience" with the smell doesn't mean that any of the other health problems with it don't exist. They're backed up with basic chemistry, like is taught in any chem class. Polar and non-polar liquids.

And yes, I remember those teenage years. Things weren't nearly as extreme as you make them out to be. It was actually the more active boys who smelled, the sports nuts. And the excessively overweight ones, in which case nothing could possibly take the edge out of the smell. Not the ones who "haven't showered." And even if those ones did, they would smell before getting too far into the school day anyway. It doesn't work like that, no matter how much you want it too.

A respectful person would take the "mind your own business" approach. And not take issue with a smell. For all you know, they shower more than you do and have an issue they can't control that makes it worse. You gain nothing by insulting them and say they should bathe. Nothing but some personal self-satisfaction. Honestly some shampoos, conditioners, colones, deodorants, etc. smell way, way worse than what they're trying to get rid of. And it's still better to mind your own business instead of jumping to conclusions and insulting them.

This is 2013. Most people shower daily; because of this, this "harmless odour" is very noticeable to the people who don't have it by showering every day.
Which is what I just told you. You make yourself hyper-sensitive to a smell by trying to avoid it. It wouldn't seem nearly as bad to people if they weren't so crazy about it.

Also, I live in Canada, the country with the third most freshwater out of any country in the world and 36 million people. I'm pretty sure we aren't running out of water, which renews itself every day.
Water distribution isn't that perfect, not in Canada, not in the United States, not in Australia, not in the United Kingdom. Many places have a hard time getting enough water, even in those countries. Some cities introduce water quotas, or bans on using it to water lawns on certain days. And in second and third world countries it is even worse. Water shortages are very common. And it can take a decade to get a new source in.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I shower every other day or whenever I feel gross. With baths however, I have a tendency to take a bubble one just about every time I get off work. It really soothes my achy legs and helps me destress from the day.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Naturally, I would take baths around 3 times a day. Mornings, evenings and nights. Evening is kinda optional though but I just feel really odd on not taking baths on evenings.

Dan

I shower every other day or whenever I feel gross. With baths however, I have a tendency to take a bubble one just about every time I get off work. It really soothes my achy legs and helps me destress from the day.

I simply adore bubble baths!
One advantage the bath has over the shower, ****ing bubble baths. :)

Night Owl

~Momentai
I shower once a day in the mornings, In the evenings I shower if I've been sweaty and feel gross.

If you shower or bathe too much, you remove all the normal bacteria on your skin and are more prone to getting sick.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I usually show at night because my hair literally takes forever to dry (okay, three to four hours) even with a hair dryer. It's just sucks, so usually, I just wrap it in a towel and go to sleep (when I remember to wrap it). Yes, I do this almost everyday too. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom