• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Do You Put Up Your Christmas Decorations?

When do you put up your decorations of Christmas? Some people put them up as soon as Thanksgiving is over, while others, myself included, usually put them up only about a week before Christmas and take them down really late. But what do you do as far as putting up Christmas decorations goes?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
... Today lol. We literally put them up today. I didn't participate, though. The internet was calling me...

Anyway, we don't really have a specific date as far as setting up Christmas decorations is concerned. We typically decorate the inside of the house early in December, but we don't really decorate the outside of the house anymore these days. I have no idea when we'll be getting our Christmas Tree, but hopefully that'll come within the next week or two.

Austin

Austin
I'll put up my little tree and decorate it once I get home for Christmas next week. My family is Jewish so they don't go all out, but I've always liked Christmas and as such I have a tiny fake tree (three feet tall-ish) that I'll put up in my room. My dad and brothers will usually pop in to help.

bunny

birb overlord
My family has just started to put our Christmas decorations up on Thanksgiving a few years ago. I really like this tradition, to be honest. After we all eat our dinner, my dad, sister and I set up the tree and various displays. I love having the tree up, so I don't mind getting it out a little early.

when I was living with my mom, we would put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and take it down mid July lol (seriously)

But now,living with my husband. We don't set up anything. Since we don't have kids yet, we don't see a point in it right now. But when we do have kids we will set up a tree an stuff probably the day after Thanksgiving as well.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My family and I always put the Christmas tree and decorations after November is over. Probably a week after November.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I love Christmas and decorating for it, so I usually do it as early as I can possibly get away with it.....like mid November. I managed to wait until about a week before Thanksgiving this year, so that was good. I've been pretty busy this year, so I haven't had the energy or drive to put out much more than the tree, but that's alright!

octorok74

TETTAC
Generally, my family puts up decorations about a week before Christmas, specifically the tree. Other menial decorations go up maybe 2 to 3 weeks before Christmas.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I just pick up a nice tree around the end of November each year then we put it in the living room. I'm the only one even bothered with putting up some lights and other decorations inside the house, not such a big thing for my family. Not even I have the energy to put up decorations around the house, nobody does in my town. Nothing that bothers me really, all that matters to me is a nice tree in the house and some nice family time at Christmas eve. :xd:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
My family and I usually put up holiday decorations after Thanksgiving had already passed. My parents are very eager to get them out and up as soon as possible, so we usually have them set up within a week or two after Thanksgiving. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom