• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's up with Clock Town?

So I've heard that Termina is an alternate DIMENSION*(my apologies for saying the wrong thing Cthulhu) or something around those lines, but that doesn't answer my question as far as i know. Where is it? How can it have its own moon? You know those double doors at the bottom of clock tower that you use to enter Clock Town in the beginning? Why not evacuate everyone through there? I mean, why is it that the happy mask salesman is "busy" and has to leave in three days, but also the moon will destroy Termina in 3 days? There's some more things that confuse me, but I'll just leave it at that for now. Anybody know what's up?

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Clearly you don't understand LOZ.

1) it wouldn't make a good plot device to have everyone escape through the clock tower as it's the epicentre of the crash.
2) ALTERNATE DIMENSION Good christ learn it. Means it's an entirely different universe.
3) If you can't realise the happy mask salesman is leaving DUE TO THE MOON then please stop this.

This isn't a zelda theory but a bunch of questions this belongs in World of Zelda not Zelda Theory

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So I've heard that Termina is an alternate world or something around those lines, but that doesn't answer my question as far as i know. Where is it? How can it have its own moon? You know those double doors at the bottom of clock tower that you use to enter Clock Town in the beginning? Why not evacuate everyone through there? I mean, why is it that the happy mask salesman is "busy" and has to leave in three days, but also the moon will destroy Termina in 3 days? There's some more things that confuse me, but I'll just leave it at that for now. Anybody know what's up?
Link fell down into a parallel dimension. If you watch how he gets in you will realise nobody is getting out the way link came in. So when the moon fell everyone would be dead. I dont buy into it being a small moon either that wouldn't have killed everyone. To recreate a full size moon would have broken the game, just like in OOT it takes a full day to walk from kokiri forest to castle town though to the player that takes a few minutes. The actual land is supposed to be bigger than what is really shown in game, just like the moon in MM is supposed to be bigger than what is shown in game.

The mask salesman is leaving because of the moon.

Its Majora's Mask, its weird, its meant to be surreal, yet make enough sense to intrigue you, which it does.

It doesnt explain everything because it doesnt need to, there are more pressing things to worry about besides where or what Termina is... like the smiling rock of death from above.

Clearly you don't understand LOZ.

1) it wouldn't make a good plot device to have everyone escape through the clock tower as it's the epicentre of the crash.
2) ALTERNATE DIMENSION Good christ learn it. Means it's an entirely different universe.
3) If you can't realise the happy mask salesman is leaving DUE TO THE MOON then please stop this.

This isn't a zelda theory but a bunch of questions this belongs in World of Zelda not Zelda Theory
Okay. So who took a leak in your cheerios? You don't have to get so mad. I was asking a question. I know what an alternate dimension and an alternate universe is. I didn't expect some jack wagon like you to get all touchy feely about it. I understand, you are a smart and I respect that. In saying that, don't be such a douche bag. My apologies for writing this in the wrong thread. I figured that some people had a theory as to why the door cannot be seen by the people in the game. Take a vacation for goodness sake. Please stop this (you being a douche, that is). He is a very busy fellow he says. The countdown stops when you exit through those doors, as if beyond those doors is completely uneffected to anything happening on the other side. I've been playing Zelda for 15 years and I am a video game designer / developer. I had some questions that have always been bugging me since I was a kid. So how about you stop being so grumpy and go act like a super smart valedictorian of the Legend of Zelda on somebody else's thread? Also, there's no reason to take the Lords name in vain over my apparent stupidity. Have a nice day and may God bless you.

Pluss if you think about it the way Link came from is locked so there is no way back in.
Hmmm.. That is true. What happens after you beat the game then? When Link rides away on Epona? You think the door unlocks, and then Link rock climbs his way out of the hole he jumped down in the beginning while carrying Epona on his back? Lol! I do know that the game is odd and leaves most things unexplained on purpose, but I do wonder these things! Hense the reason I posted the thread.

Link fell down into a parallel dimension. If you watch how he gets in you will realise nobody is getting out the way link came in. So when the moon fell everyone would be dead. I dont buy into it being a small moon either that wouldn't have killed everyone. To recreate a full size moon would have broken the game, just like in OOT it takes a full day to walk from kokiri forest to castle town though to the player that takes a few minutes. The actual land is supposed to be bigger than what is really shown in game, just like the moon in MM is supposed to be bigger than what is shown in game.

Ah ok. That day and night explanation makes sense actually, and I never thought of it that way before. That's pretty cool. With the salesman thing, somebody else mentioned that to me and it makes sense, but I always wondered why the flow of time comes to a halt once you enter that room. It may not, but im 99% positive that it does. Maybe he gives you three days because he knows his mask will be obliterated in the world beyond those doors? Or not, I'm not sure. I like the theory that says Link is actually dead in this game, but I'd hate to be playing as a dead person! So really, if he's dead, nothing needs explained. Thanks for the answers though :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ah ok. That day and night explination makes sense actually, and I never thought of it that way before. That's pretty cool. With the salesman thing, somebody else mentioned that to me and it makes sense, but I always wondered why the flow of time comes to a halt once you enter that room. It may not, but im 99% positive that it does. Maybe he gives you three days because he knows his mask will be obliterated in the world beyond those doors? Or not, I'm not sure. I like the theory that says Link is actually dead in this game, but I'd hate to be playing as a dead person! So really, if he's dead, nothing needs explained. Thanks for the answers though :D

You dont have to worry about playing as a dead person. We know he isn't dead in MM as he appears adult size in TP in the form of the hero's shade, so we know he must survive to grow up after MM.

Hmmm.. That is true. What happens after you beat the game then? When Link rides away on Epona? You think the door unlocks, and then Link rock climbs his way out of the hole he jumped down in the beginning while carrying Epona on his back? Lol! I do know that the game is odd and leaves most things unexplained on purpose, but I do wonder these things! Hense the reason I posted the thread.

Well... I think it more like Zelda logic were he plays his magical ocarina and all the great fairies transport him back to Hyrule threw a portal he rides Epona through. But that is why the creators leaves most things unexplained. Because that makes no sense.

You dont have to worry about playing as a dead person. We know he isn't dead in MM as he appears adult size in TP in the form of the hero's shade, so we know he must survive to grow up after MM.
Very true. I was under the impression that the Hero's shade was Link, but as a stalfos since he was lost in the lost woods. However, he was a kid when he was "lost" (i use quotes because we don't really know if he was lost or not) which would've turned him into a skullkid and not a stalfos. Therefore, I definitely agree with you and am glad that Link was not dead haha.

Well... I think it more like Zelda logic were he plays his magical ocarina and all the great fairies transport him back to Hyrule threw a portal he rides Epona through. But that is why the creators leaves most things unexplained. Because that makes no sense.
Lol that makes more sense than my theory, and its more true to the Zelda series too! (unless we include Link's SICK rock climbing skills from BOTW, my theory may very well be possible if thats the case haha)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The Clock Tower is a dead end, so where would the people have gone? Link was only able to traverse the place before that as a Deku Scrub.

I actually think this relates to the fact Link manages to get to Termina via the Lost Woods. They're meant to be a weird place full of dodgy twists and turns, so why not have one random pathway which opens into a different dimension? Remember, the only reason Link could be in the forest at all was because of Navi being with him. People without fairies turn into Stalfos in the Lost Woods. Lost children turn into Skull Kids. Skull Kid would have spent enough time exploring the Lost Woods to find Termina maybe more than once. So without Navi, Link was a lost kid, who happened to stumble upon another world through the woods when he was chasing Skull Kid. Outside of that world, he couldn't turn into a Skull Kid or Stalfos. He was just Link in a different world, with a different moon. Deku Scrub Link had no problem going from one to the other the way a human being might.

The Lost Woods is a mysterious place isn't it? Somehow it connects to the the top of a mountain, and it connects to the Zora's Domain. Imagine getting lost there? I guess that's what Nintendo was thinking when they made the game. "We can make anything! And it doesn't matter how much sense it makes because you get there through these trippy nonsensical woods!" I love this game because of how odd it is.

So really if you think about it most games are based on The land of Hyrule in Ocarina of time because they are parallel worlds of it or they are alternate ending of it. So you have Ocarina of Time, then link falls into a portal into Majors mask, leaving Ocarina of Times Hyrule with out a Hero of time causing the Gods to flood it making Wind Waker, While the original hero of time is going through living in the woods making Twilight Princes. Interesting...

The Clock Tower is a dead end, so where would the people have gone? Link was only able to traverse the place before that as a Deku Scrub.

I actually think this relates to the fact Link manages to get to Termina via the Lost Woods. They're meant to be a weird place full of dodgy twists and turns, so why not have one random pathway which opens into a different dimension? Remember, the only reason Link could be in the forest at all was because of Navi being with him. People without fairies turn into Stalfos in the Lost Woods. Lost children turn into Skull Kids. Skull Kid would have spent enough time exploring the Lost Woods to find Termina maybe more than once. So without Navi, Link was a lost kid, who happened to stumble upon another world through the woods when he was chasing Skull Kid. Outside of that world, he couldn't turn into a Skull Kid or Stalfos. He was just Link in a different world, with a different moon. Deku Scrub Link had no problem going from one to the other the way a human being might.

That makes a lot of sense.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So really if you think about it most games are based on The land of Hyrule in Ocarina of time because they are parallel worlds of it or they are alternate ending of it. So you have Ocarina of Time, then link falls into a portal into Majors mask, leaving Ocarina of Times Hyrule with out a Hero of time causing the Gods to flood it making Wind Waker, While the original hero of time is going through living in the woods making Twilight Princes. Interesting...

You've got it a bit mixed up there. You have Ocarina of time in which link is sealed for 7 years until he is an adult, he defeats Ganon with the sages and seals him and then returns to an earlier time as a child (in an alternate universe Link is defeated and the events of A Link To The Past then occur). The Hyrule where Ganondorf was defeated and sealed then becomes flooded after he breaks out.

The time when link returns to after OOT has to be a separate but identical universe but just an an earlier point. His adventures bring him to Termina as we see during the events of Majoras Mask. We know he then leaves Termina and returns to Hyrule and that he reaches adulthood before his death as he then becomes the Hero's shade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom