• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's up with Clock Town?

You know what... If that door opened somehow(the one that locks behind you preventing you from returning to the lost woods), all of the Dekus from within Termina could help the people traverse out to Hyrule (by carrying them across the platforms). Very far fetched, but a nice escape plan! Now we just need to get the plan across to everyone in Termina! Easy. And use some powder kegs to BLAST that iron door open!

You'd need a lot of powder keg! Might want to gadd some bombs to increase the force
Either that, or have the Happy Mask Salesman unlock it. Because comeon, who else do you think closed and locked that door? He needs to keep Link in there to do his dirty work!

Ive pondered these things myself. Its easy to say why termina has its own moon. Its a planet. Lost of planets habe their own moons. As for why people dont evacuate through the doors, they probably dont know they lead to hyrule, and besides once you go through those doors the first time theyre locked for the rest of the game. Its possible that particular portal between hyrule and termina was cut off. And the happy mask salesman, he's just leaving because he already knows that termina is doomed.

I always thought the door Link comes through isn't really a door, it's like a temporal distortion only he can go through. Kind of like Alice and Wonderland. As for the moon, even alternate dimensions have moons.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think Nintendo kind of just **** out an explanation to have a game with OoT link that doesn't take place on Hyrule. Hence why we don't really have a lot of answers.

Even though I am probably way off (since there is an established timeline), I always saw MM as a dream that Link was having when he was knocked off his horse at the beginning of the game. That's why, much like real dreams, lots of things are familiar, like the mask salesmen and s lot of people throughout the game, but at the same time it doesn't completely make sense and is odd and fantastical. Maybe I'm off base and anyone can chime in, but that's how I viewed the game.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
The happy mask salesman is just freaky as hell and needs to sort his life out. He probably has some telepathic powers and is like "you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

karu

Panamaniac
I find that the moon is the single most creepy and disturbing thing in Majora's Mask. That face is always looking at you, what if you're using the bathroom?? NOPE! It has x-ray vision!!! Other than that it's just like a baby that didn't get the candy that they wanted and is on a rampage. And then there's the kids inside of the moon!!! Y U WANT MY MASKS!!!!! the game itself is weird and strange and other words, but I still luv it, fav game evah

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Just an idea I had:

Remember how the Wind Fish was dreaming and created Koholint? Well, what if this was a common theme with creatures of extreme power. Now what if Majora was so powerful when he was living that even when he died and was sealed in a mask, when the skull kid put in the mask it unleashed the contents of the Majora's dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom