• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What's the Differnece Between Master Quest and Norm

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
I was looking for a zelda game for the gc besides wind waker and found the collecters edition with master quest on it. just like to know the differnece between it and normal Oot>.>

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
The difference is how to solve certain rooms and puzzles in dungeons I know there's more but that's all I can remember what's not different is the locations of places like dungeons and houses.

Kybyrian

Notable differences between Master Quest and the original Ocarina of Time are different Gold Skulltula placements. I'm fairly certain that the placement of the Gold Skulltulas are only rearranged inside of dungeons, though. It makes sense seeing as how the dungeons have also been modified and are supposed to be a bit harder. Another difference in the difficulty, notably in the dungeons. The Fire Temple is by far, in my opinion, the hardest dungeon in the game as opposed to the Water Temple in the original. The Water Temple, in fact, I found easier in Master Quest than in the original, which is a bit odd. Maybe I understand harder puzzles but not easier puzzles. :P I'm fairly certain those are the only differences, though.

B

boomerang

was the Master Quest sold as a game cartridge on it's own like the original for N64? what year did it come out?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The difference between those both games is that the master quest is difficult bosses, dungeons, and puzzles. The ocarina of time is just any regular game. But the game was epic!

Last edited:
The dungeons are different, and that's all. They have the same layout as in the regular quest, but you don't progress through the rooms in the same way, & the puzzles and enemies are more difficult. I think the bosses are the same though. Everything in the "overworld" is identical, though.

And no, it was never released by itself. The Master Quest is part of a GameCube release including both OOT and the MQ, combined on one GC disk. I think (but am not sure) that the disk was a preorder gift for the Cube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom