• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What Was Link's Uncle Going To Say?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
idk, maybe Zelda is your responsibility?

sidenote: I always wondered why he doesn't say something like "I love you." or "I'm proud of you." or something along those lines, I mean, did he not raise you?

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
idk, maybe Zelda is your responsibility?

sidenote: I always wondered why he doesn't say something like "I love you." or "I'm proud of you." or something along those lines, I mean, did he not raise you?

He lost consciousness mid sentence, maybe he would have had he not.

Well, considering Link is the last decendant of the Knights of Hyrule its only up to him to save her, so shes apparently his duty, not his sister. I dont know what the original Japansese text says, the english text could be an awkward translation or something.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I looked for threads similar to this and did not find any, soooo

One of the many mysterious found in The Legend of Zelda series is what Link's uncle was about to say before he kicked the bucket. The wounded man stated, "Zelda is your..." but never finished.

Now my question for you amazing people at ZD is, how was he going to end his sentence? Was he about to tell Link that Zelda is related to him, or possibly just that Zelda is Link's responsiblitiy?

Is your Mom! BURN!!

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Zelda is your......uh she is your corndog

I dont know, the uncle is stupid for going by himself so maybe he really is dumb? :P

"Link...Zelda is your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."
"...So, what does that make us?"
"Absolutely NOTHING! Which is what you are about to become!"

Without having actually played the game, I think it's generally accepted that Zelda was Link's destiny or responsibility. Hyrule Castle had fallen, Link's uncle had bitten the dust, and there was no one who could have saved her...except Link. Therefore, it was up to him to save her and waste Agahnim's smug rear end. That's probably the gist of how the sentence was supposed to end. I wonder if Nintendo intended to create all the controversy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom