• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What video games have made you cry like a baby?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think I've properly cried, but the closest I came was probably Heavy Rain.

Such an engrossing and moving story. It's so much different than watching a plot unfold as if you're watching a film because you feel so much more immersed in an interactive experience. Instead of being on the outside looking in, you put yourself into the story.

It's a truly intense and sad experience with an erry sense that this stuff actually happens. I think the part that got me was when {spoiler} your kid died near the beginning and the whole tone just shifts to this depressing scenery where your life goes completely down hill. You experience those roller coaster of emotions as if you were actually there. No game has really done that to me before.

There's a few (I'm a baby, I know), but some that stick out in my mind:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: The ending man.
When the dad started crying, so did I.
Heavy Rain: It didn't make me cry, but had its powerful scenes.
Don't forget me, Scottie. ;-;
To the Moon: Like Heavy Rain, it didn't make me cry, but it was moving.
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: The letter from Bobbery's wife to him. D'aw.
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones: The last scene after the credits with Lyon. I felt bad for him.

octorok74

TETTAC
Too many to list. I know the end of Bioshock 2 got to me, I did the good ending because I'm a good guy. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was another. And then the end of Halo 4 really got to me Since I'm a fan of the series. There are other games as well, but I can't recall them.

Just remembered Thomas Was Alone. Just blocks, but the narration really just gets the emotions going.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i barely cry about real things. none of these precious tears will be wasted on fiction.

Perhaps Ocarina of Time, when the adventure is over and Navi flies away. I can't think of too many games where I've had a strong, actual emotional investment in the characters. Even OoT... it was less about the characters, and more about the finality and sense of accomplishment.

What part of super Mario Kart made you cry?!

200px-Spiny_Shell_-_Mario_Kart_Wii.png

Oh sweet baby Jesus, To The Moon had me just bawling like a baby. It was such and emotional roller coaster, with admittedly a lot of downs.
I think the fact that you go backwards through all of the troubles in his life makes it that much more intense. Every step of the way it was like... "Oh my god... that's so sad. No wait, that's so depressing. OH JEEZ he went through that first? Wait, there's more??" It just builds on everything so well and builds this picture of this mans life and his sorrows so well that it was simply heartbreaking.

Doragon-purinsesu

Every experience can be a lesson - or a curse.
my young brain had a hard time playing certain parts of OoT... my brain now still gets heeby jeebies thinking about. nighttime.... the temple oh the temple and town euuuuhhhrrrr goosebumps... but I don't think I've cried from a game yet. Tears of rage from Dark Souls DS2

I've never cried, but Shadow of the Colossus almost drove me there. Such a beautiful take on video game morality.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Only game to get me legit crying with tears down my face and sobs and running out of my room to tell my family EXACTLY why I was sobbing my eyes out.

That scene where you're about to be killed by the Shadow Queen, but then the Crystal Stars fly away to all over the world and gets EVERY SINGLE DANG NPC YOU GREW TO LOVE to cheer you on in your time of need... Gosh, it got me. I'd been trying to beat the game for years, and when I finally got there, after I had gotten to know everybody so well... Really hit home for me. No game has gotten close since.

Except
Mother 3, which I only watched a Let's Play of. But the ending to that got me too, with the Masked Man/Claus' sacrifice... It got me in tears. Lucas' reactions only made it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom