• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past What Should the New LTTP Game Be Called

Septimis Skype

TheLastCenturion
What should the new LTTP game be called? I think it should have a new title unlike ZOOT 3D more like how the fire emblem remake for ds was called Fire Emblem Awakening. so how do you feel about a new name. If you like it what do you think the name should be.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As far as I know, it's called A Link to the Past 2 as evidenced by this screenshot [
Zelda_KNT2_logo.png

FE13 (3DS) is a new game, not a remake. The remake for FE1 on DS is Shadow Dragon and FE3 is New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Dark ;)

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Legend of Zelda: Buy It and Give Us Your Money . . . but seriously call it Triforce of the Gods- that was the original Japanese title for alttp that was censored in America. You can't right that wrong, but this will show Nintendo has progressed since that time. I really hope they do that.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I see it being A Link to the Past 2 however I feel this name is completely generic, I mean I know they're trying to make it clear that it follows on from the originals events but labeling it with a "2" really makes the game less unique in a sense. It could be a possible selling tactic, the original A Link to the Past was one of the best sellers on the SNES and the best seller on GBA so maybe it could draw in a lot of old school fans with the name alone. However though, I feel this game should have its own unique name.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I see it being A Link to the Past 2 however I feel this name is completely generic, I mean I know they're trying to make it clear that it follows on from the originals events but labeling it with a "2" really makes the game less unique in a sense. It could be a possible selling tactic, the original A Link to the Past was one of the best sellers on the SNES and the best seller on GBA so maybe it could draw in a lot of old school fans with the name alone. However though, I feel this game should have its own unique name.

But that is the thing - Nintendo knows themselves that this game is hardly unique at all; the switches that propel you upwards were already using in the pots and deku babas in The Wind Waker for example; that stamina bar is utilized all the time in Skyward Sword; Kaitengiri has existed since A Link to the Past. What we've seen thus far (only a fraction of the title's breadth), I think that's enough to say the game is hardly unique IF at all. ALttP2 is such a fitting name.

Salem

SICK
No anything but alttp2, we already have the final fantasy series for confusing sequel titles(seriously ff10 2?????). It better be something short and sweet, also with different short hand than other titles so we don't get confused.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i really dont give a ****. nor do i know enough about it to make an assumption however that pic up top look pretty convincing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom