• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern What Should I Play Next?/What is Your Favourite Modern LoZ?

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I agree that your next game should be Wind Waker. It's one of two direct sequels to Ocarina of Time. The other one is Majora's Mask. But there are several reasons against Majora's Mask.

1.: The graphics really didn't age well. You'll notice it less when you played it way back when and look at the game through nostalgia-tinted glasses now, but the N64 graphics look atrocious by today's standards. It's quite a turnoff. If you want to keep your Zelda momentum, it'd be better to continue with a aesthetically more pleasing game. Especially when a 3DS version of Majora's Mask is not a matter of "if", but "when".

2.: Majora's Mask is a very complex game. To beat it close to 100% takes a lot of effort. To beat it in a minimal run is quite challenging. You might not want to do that if you're a relative newcomer to the Zelda series. That would be too frustrating. And you don't want Zelda to be associated with frustration.

3.: Majora's Mask is a very atypical Zelda game. The masks, the three-day timer, the saving system, only four dungeons and tons of non-linear sidequests...
You should familiarize yourself with the Zelda formula before you get to the games that deviate from it.

After Wind Waker, you can move on to the 3DS games that are direct WW sequels. Or you can play classic games like Link's Awakening (3DS Virtual Console) or Link to the Past (Wii Virtual Console).

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I think you should play Twilight Princess. You get to actually move to swing your sword and hit people with your shield and aim at the screen with the Wii remote. I think it adds a lot to the game. Plus, you have the hidden skills and your wolf form. I find those things interesting. I just think Majora's Mask didn't have enough bosses. Graphics aren't what make a game good but they add to it and TP has pretty good graphics. Also, out of all the LoZ games, TP has the most bosses (along with Ocarina of Time and I'm not sure about the old games). I personally like more bosses.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I say (and this is expected from anyone who knows me) that you should consider gettig Twilight Princess over any of the other moderns. It's my personal favorite of the series, for many, many, many reasons. Just about everything about the game is great! The cutscenes are very emotional and cinematic (something OoT couldn't dream of), the gameplay is VERY fun (especially once you get the Clawshot), and a very nice, very dark art style all go together to make an amazing game. I highly recommend it.

A

Augonator

Definitely get twilight princess it was my first Zelda and it was great. Great for new players, but still loads of gameplay and side quests.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Spirit Tracks,Wind Waker Ocarina of Time 3d Twilight Princess Four Swords Adventure,Minish cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom