• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Series Would You Like a Possible Future Zelda Game Crossover With?

If Nintendo were to create a crossover game (I do not mean like SSB btw, but an action-adventure platformer) between Zelda and another franchise (Nintendo-only obviously), which one do you think would make a good game?

This idea was inspired by the Star Fox cameo that was going to be in Ura Zelda before it got cancelled.

P.S. This isn't whether you'd want it or not, but if it was going to happen, what would you prefer?

Last edited:
Crossover like share the game wholly? With narrative and plot and everything rather than just easter egg type stuff?

None, i don't like the idea of crossovers in video games it seems desperate and tacky and they rarely work well. Zelda shouldnt cross with anything.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Does it really have to be Nintendo-only? If it HAS to be, I prefer a Zelda X Mario title to release. They seem to meld together the best of all Nintendo franchises.

If it can have non-Nintendo franchises, Kingdom Hearts is such an easy choice as that series already melds Disney, Final Fantasy, and TWEWY all in one roll up.

Crossover like share the game wholly? With narrative and plot and everything rather than just easter egg type stuff?

None, i don't like the idea of crossovers in video games it seems desperate and tacky and they rarely work well. Zelda shouldnt cross with anything.

None. Being frank, I am not a big fan of full on crossovers.

Guys, this wasn't supposed to be an "optional" thread.....I've editted the OP as such.

Does it really have to be Nintendo-only? If it HAS to be, I prefer a Zelda X Mario title to release. They seem to meld together the best of all Nintendo franchises.

If it can have non-Nintendo franchises, Kingdom Hearts is such an easy choice as that series already melds Disney, Final Fantasy, and TWEWY all in one roll up.

Well, I was trying to be realistic, hence the Nintendo only moniker. Of course KH would work great.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I was trying to be realistic, hence the Nintendo only moniker. Of course KH would work great.

I wouldn't say it is a totally unrealistic crossover attempt - we're already getting a Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei game for the Wii U due next year iirc.

Xyphon said:
Except he doesn't speak, that'd be hard to get around.

I don't see it as very hard to get around. Remember Steamboat Willie Timeless River from KHII and how the cutscenes all had (intentionally) low-quality audio? That's merely one example of melding the distinct worlds together.

EDIT: Sorry RL, didn't mean to kill your thread! :sweat:

The way I'm thinking a possible Zelda x Mario game would work is with 3D Mario gameplay - based around platforming and all that - but also has some hints of Zelda by way of sidequests, exploration, and a small item focus. i don't have anything worked out really.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's true, Square has done a pretty good job at putting Sora into many worlds and making it look good. By the way, what KH games have you played/beaten?

Entirely off-topic but beaten all of them including the Final Mixes.
-------
I'm having trouble envisioning a Zelda x Fire Emblem. I've played several hacks but their setups were completely ridiculous. That's not to say standard FE isn't, but something felt off about them. I cannot imagine Link commanding several forces, for example; he always rides solo. Zelda is also not an exemplary leader bar her appearance in Twilight Princess. Given that FE is based around war, what could Zelda bring to the table?

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
LoZ x FE, or maybe LoZ x FF? Hmm, maybe they can finally create Hylian Creed. ;) I would NOT like to see anything Mario related in it. It's not that Mario's bad or anything, but how many times does the series have to make some sort of cameo before we just constantly expect it?

Clank

Hmm
I would love to see how Insomniac would handle a Ratchet and Clank crossover(with any series, but I am assuming Zelda here...), as Link would be able to jump, and it would be set in a later time(or earlier time with R&C bringing future tech with them), which would add a extremely interesting element to the Zelda series

However this would probably never happen, even though I would LOVE to have Link be able to jump(I mean really did people not jump in medieval times?)

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
What does TWEWY stand for? The world ends with you? I don't see the kingdom hearts connection with that game. But then again, havent played it. Played kingdom hearts though.

Fire Emblem would fit well, but it's a completely different genre of game, so idk how it would work...I'll be original and say Spyro, not a nintendo franchise but meh. Both it and Zelda are action/adventures, only Spyro tends to have more platforming. I've already made a Dragon Link concept, so why not? There are a few humans in the original trilogy, but not pointy eared ones. The Legend of Spyro trilogy, however, has none in sight. I'm assuming the humans in there are extinct, a few of the enemies are ghost knights with armor. Link has already traveled to other worlds(MM) so it would be interesting to see him in Spyro's world. The dragons would be like: "A human? I thought you guys have all been dead for millions of years!" Maybe some of them would even try to attack him, I don't think the relations between dragons and humans were very friendly. But then they would find out that this human means no harm and has been sent to their world to help take down some unspeakable evil...or something.

Spyro and Zelda are more similar than you might think...Link has a small glowing companion in a few of the games(Navi, Tatl) and Spyro has a small glowing companion(Sparx).

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
treasurehuntingivbylady.jpg

Yes, Zelda and EarthBound. Nintendo should try this is SSB4's Adventure Mode first. They did it wrong in Brawl (you could only make it "right" by unlocking all characters and replaying stages).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom