• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Other Mythical Creatures Would You Like to See?

Pick some

• gryphon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unicorn

• pegasus

• basilisk

• faun

• chimera

• centaur

• mermaid

• other

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Zelda has a lot of mythical creatures in it, like dragons, rocs, phoenixes, and if they count, zombies. They may not be called the same thing, but they're there. What else would you like? And would they be enemies(like zombies/redeads) or allies (like the dragons in SS and Valoo)? Or do you see them being used either way? I put dragons under allies, but we mustn't forget Argorok and Volvagia, enemy dragons.

In case you're not familiar with the poll options...

Gryphon
Unicorn
Pegasus
Basilisk
Faun
Chimera
Mermaid
Centaur

I think a gryphon would make a cool boss, so would a basilisk.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think the likes of a Basilisk and a Chimera would make for some great boss designs, I mean they just fit perfectly... You have this giant snake that could easily be the serpent boss of a water dungeon and on the other end of the spectrum the Chimera would be a perfect pick for a boss of a fire themed dungeon. These two creatures alone are pretty popular within mythology so I think with the already many references to mythological creatures in the series, these two would be a welcomed addition.

Maybe in addition, I would actually like to see a mermaid like race, maybe a past race or descendent of the Zora tribe, they just fit perfectly for this role. I mean in most cases mermaids are quite tame creatures, who don't engage in war like the Zora and they have a huge association with water, again much like the Zora's.

I dont know, i guess maybe be more dragons, Zelda doesnt feel fantastical enough to have more mythical beasts in it, especially ones mentioned here unless it does its own thing with them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The series doesn't have any chimeras? Those are definitely on my list! :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Am I the only one who played LA? Zelda's already had a mermaid, and some of those Great Fairys have filled in for them quite nicely.

What we need is some awesome new enemy; like a gryphon that swoops down from above in a sky temple and trys to pick you up and drop you over the edge. You'd have to shake it off before it took you over the edge. It could be a great foe.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like gryphons. I can see a giant one as an enemy / boss-monster, smaller ones as mook monsters, or even helpful / neutral gryphons. Maybe "gryphon tail" (the lion tail part of them) is a treasure, or "gryphon talon" (this could be used as a specific potion, since in mythology, gryphon talons were thought to detect poison/protect one from poison). There could even be an issue with Epona being able to go into the gryphons' canyon or something because, traditionally, they eat horses. She could be scared and pull back, refusing to go.

There actually have been centaurs in the series. Waaaay back, the first game... Lynels were lion-headed centuars. They are my favorite Zelda mook monster.

The first game also had a "unicorn," of sorts, the Aquamentus, which was a dragon-version. I always interpreted the beast as being very much like a Kirin. (I.E. that thing that the government of North Korea bs-ed finding a lair of not too long ago).

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Large maze with a minotaur anyone?

I'm surprised the Graeae weren't included in the poll. I remember being enthralled by them-three sisters with one eye in between them-in the popular animated Hercules movie as well as reading about them. They would make for an interesting sidequest. Perhaps neutral monster like must tackle to progress further in his journey. Taking a page from Persius, sneaking around and stealing their eye would be neat. A sister takes out the eye handing it to another forcing Link to always be on the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom