• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What new Zelda game have you finished most recently, and did you like it?

Sorry for the confusing title. What I mean is the Zelda game you have most recently finished for the first time. For me, it's Phantom Hourglass. I liked the game enough, definitely not my favorite Zelda game. But it exceeded my expectations in just about every way, and I enjoyed the more casual Wind Waker style. The touch controls were very good, and I look forward to playing Spirit Tracks when the time comes.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The majority of people here have beaten all the games. But the most recent was ALBW in my case, i did enjoy it alot.

on that topic of ST do not underestimate the Spirit Pipes those things are literal hell for stopping a playthrough for an hour.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well I've played all the levels in Tri Force Heroes if that counts as completing. I really like how fun the multiplayer is, but the single player could use a difficulty reduction.

If you liked Phantom Hourglass you'll love Spirit Tracks, which keep's Phantom's good stuff and improves in every way on its flaws.

Most recent would be Triforce Heroes aswell. I enjoyed the game and had lots of fun, especially on the rare occassion I got two Zelda Dungeon players together (Pendiooooo), though I was annoyed by the lack of some crucial features. I find I have lost interest though, and haven't even gotten the DLC yet.

I recently completed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Just like the original, I found the game to be a walk in the park. Gone are the days where you could play a challenging LofZ game. Nintendo is making the franchise too easy these days.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
oracle of seasons, and heeeeeeeeellllllll naw
this has been the most unengaging zelda experience i've had thus far,but i can't understand why

maybe i finally snapped after going through a series worth of dungeons,but im a tad reluctant to get into oracle of ages

oracle of seasons, and heeeeeeeeellllllll naw
this has been the most unengaging zelda experience i've had thus far,but i can't understand why

maybe i finally snapped after going through a series worth of dungeons,but im a tad reluctant to get into oracle of ages
Oracle of Ages is worth a shot. I hated OoS at first (I like it a lot now) but Oracle of Ages was one I found about 10 times better when I first played it.

I collect more than i play nowadays, as I don't have the time I used to but I did recently emulate and finish Minish Cap on my phone and I absolutely loved it. An overlooked gem in my opinion.

The shrinking mechanic was just as compelling as the time changes or light/dark world travel of other installments.

I finally finished Ocarina of Time 3D after years of constantly starting and stopping with it. I tend to completely restart a game if I've been away from it for a couple of weeks, and in the case of Ocarina of Time I'd always hit a wall somewhere and step away for a little while. But I finally ended up with a good run through, and finished the game up in 2 days.

As far as Zelda games go, it was a nice experience. My overall impression from the game is good, but nothing ever stood out to me. I suppose that's not a bad thing, however. Every other 3D Zelda title tends to have highs and lows - things they do better than any other game in the series, and things that they do worse. But Ocarina of Time is just constantly great without ever being outstanding at everything. Not my favorite title in the franchise since I do enjoy the highs that the other games reach, but the consistency of Ocarina of Time does deserve plenty of praise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom