• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What New Features Do You Want In Majora's Mask 3DS?

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Although the game isn't official yet I'm betting it will be. I at least see no reason for Nintendo not to make a remake. However, before it does get announced sooner or later, what new features would you want in it? Like, OoT 3DS got a boss trial mode, and so on.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Eh, I wasn't a big fan of MM. I did enjoy it though. . . New Features? Eh, more sidequests? I dunna know, I loved the Kafie and Anju quest, i'd love to ee more like that.

F

FierceDeityDeku

Boss Battle mode won't be necessary because in the original you could fight bosses over and over again whenever you want.

I kind of just want smoother graphics and such. The original game was pretty amazing and I don't know if there is much room for change. Maybe I just fear change, who knows. But, in my opinion, Majoras Mask is just fine the way it is.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Add nothing. Use OoT's new engine for graphics and controls tweaks, but do not add dungeons, sidequests, mini-games, Master Quest, nothing. Majora's Mask is a perfect game as is, and I would be loath to see it altered.

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
I think it would be awesome if they did what they did for OoT 3D. I would love to have another Master Quest mirrored like they did for OoT 3D and a Boss Rush. I don't really know. It would be awesome though

I've made suggestions in other threads, but I'll say them again here, I guess. If they change anything, they should let you switch back and forth between shields... I know that's random, but I've always wished you could do that. Not that I will care if they don't have that either, it's really unimportant, it's just the only game-play change I would want XD As far as other things go, they could use the touch screen to let you make your own notes in the Bombers' Notebook, I feel that Majora's Mask could benefit from some in-game note-taking section, and even more so if it's going to be on a handheld. I also really hope they put the timer on the lower screen so you can see the beautiful world of Termina better, the original game has such a messy screen.

But any changes would have to be very minor, I don't want them to change the main game besides the graphics and controls like with Ocarina of Time 3D. They really didn't add or change much as far as game-play goes with Ocarina of Time, so they don't need to change anything in Majora's Mask either. And... I really don't see them making a Master Quest for it, if anything they would bundle it with a side-game of some sort rather than a Master Quest. Not that a Majora's Mask Master Quest wouldn't be great, but the only reason Ocarina of Time came with it is because it already existed. I certainly wouldn't want something that was thrown together just to add content to the cartridge.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, Majora's Mask 3D can simply use Ocarina of Time 3D's engine, character models, etc. like Nintendo did when Majora's Mask was originally made. As MahBoiLink said, i hated how when you got a new Sword or Shield, it replaces the old one and the old one seemingly disappears. That was more of my pet peeve, but it would be nice to be able to switch your equipment.

And for those of you who want a Majora's Mask 3D Master Quest, that ain't gonna happen. For a few reasons. One, because there was never a Master Quest made for Majora's Mask whereas Ocarina of Time HAD a Master Quest. Two, because Majora's Mask is considered one of the hardest Zelda games, adding a Master Quest would be madness!! And third, Majora's Mask was a perfect game on it's own, it didn't follow the crowd and was very dark, and i don't want Majora's Mask 3D to be dumbed down because they want a Master Quest or because Ocarina of Time 3D was dumbed down. Yes, i believe Ocarina of Time 3D was dumbed down miraculously. Either that or I've just gotten wicked good at playing Ocarina of Time. :lol:

But anyway, Majora's Mask is perfect, maybe a few little tweaks would be nice, but overall the game is great and if it's re-made for the 3DS, i want to stay exactly the same. Of course, better graphics, but the same game I played years ago, the game i still play on my N64 today.

T

Twilitartist

I would injoy extra stuff in Ikana and mabye Fierce Deity Link could be playble where ever iinstead of just boss stuff.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
If/When they make MM3D, it should remain almost untouched, like OoT3D was. There should be no story changes or added mini-quests, it should just have
good graphics, 3D, and maybe a hint system like OoT3D has (It could go in the Clock Tower).

Yes, i believe Ocarina of Time 3D was dumbed down miraculously. Either that or I've just gotten wicked good at playing Ocarina of Time.

All they added was Shiekah Stones incase you need a hint, coloured doors to the Water Temple to keep you from getting lost and a better inventory
system, other than that OoT3D was exactly the same as the original. It wasn't dumbed down at all, you just got better at it.

I wouldn't want anything added in OoT3D to be removed, like the motion control aiming and the touchscreen menu. A Master Quest would be great for added value, but I don't think it would be necessary to include one. We can already fight the bosses again in MM, but I wouldn't complain if they added the ability to fight all four in succession.

Other than that, I would love to have instant access to the transformation masks like they did with the ocarina in OoT3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom