• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Languages Do You Speak?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm obviously fluent in English.
Also, I am in my second year of my Beginners Japanese course at high school so I can read hiragana, katakana and almost 100 kanji (although, not knowing what they mean all the time). I'm really enjoying learning it as a language :)

I'm only fluent in English (and Middle English, but it doesn't take much training to read that.) I can read some French, but poorly.

I'm currently teaching myself Norwegian (slowly), and I'd love to learn Dutch some day.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I WISH I could speak another language, but I can only speak English. I just have such a hard time learning other languages and it never goes well. Darn…

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I am kinda fluent in English. I know a good chunk of Hindi, and am beginning to learn to read and write it. I learned French at school for 6 years, but I am not good at it xD I might be able to tell what you are saying, but there are too many rules for me to write it out correctly :kawaii: I had one year of German, so only know basic words and phrases :P

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I can't even read half this thread.

I can only speak Anglish, the language of the Angles. I am also learning this super weird language. The rules of pronunciation change with every word, the grammar is too specific and complex, not to mention that it comes with this huge pool of dialects that makes it quite difficult to understand. It also a huge mess of other languages, so I guess I'm learning a little of everything. I would like to speak/read Latin, Japanese, and Hungarian (long story) at some point in my life. Oh, and maybe Spanish. Maybe.

#English

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I took 2 years of French in high school, though it's been a really long time since then. I want to get myself learning it again, as I want to be fluent in it. I only know the basics of Spanish, German, and Japanese, and trace words from various other languages like Greek and Russian. I'm only fluent in one language:

'Murican.

キラ

Yo!
I started to study Japanese a little bit. I'm not that great at all at it yet but my Japanese pen pals tell me that I am. Ehhh :sweat:

"こんにちは!僕の名前はタイラーです!はじめまして!アメリカ人です。"

That what I usually say when I first meet Japanese people. It just says "Hello! My name is Tyler! Nice to meet you! I'm American." :cool:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I know some Japanese. Most of it stemmed from reading the Eng-Jap dictionaries when I was younger, and the rest came from fan-subs and a bit of research. I know a few important words, but I'm not fluent by any means.
Kind of odd though, considering I live in Thailand and only know about half as much Thai.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I speak aboot somepin called the Canadian, eh!

I speak English, primarily. Though I am also quite bilingual, as I am fairly fluent in french as well. Also, Dora the Explorer taught me how to count to 10 in Spanish! :D

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have full command of the English language, and I weild it as a double-edged blade. I'm also adept at basic French and Japanese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom