• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Zelda Player Are You

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
I am a puzzle solver, I often flee from enimes rather than take the time to beat them, I can solve puzzles well and easily beat dungeons, bosses are the hard part for me. I always use Link as my name

Danlo

Daniel
I actually really like fighting, but mostly in the 3D games. Some puzzles are a little hard for me, but I do solve them eventually, but there are some times When I get really stuck and need a walkthrough.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I die. A lot. Like FierceDeity I like to run around and try stuff out all the while ignoring enemies.
This led to getting really good at certain areas. Like in ALTTP I was stuck on the last bit of the skull woods dungeon and I had done the same sections over 50 times because I was dying or running out of magic and those f***ing wall masters kept bringing me back to the beginning! So I had a pretty good system down, and it only took me a few tries once I actually got to the boss, Mothula.

That's pretty characteristic of how I play.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The paranoid type. I collect as many bottles, fairies, heart pieces, and other power-ups as I can find before entering a dungeon, especially after I've beaten the first one or two. I take time to practice all of Link's offensive and defensive movements, even if I don't think I need to. I read the manual cover to cover.

If a dungeon looks really complicated, I may read a walkthrough or two before trying to beat it.

I'm pretty good at solving puzzles that involve something hidden. A hidden door or a hidden switch, or something invisible? You won't be able to hide it from me, even if it's very well hidden. I'm also pretty good at defeating and blocking normal enemies, even Darknuts.

My weak points would be areas that use a timer, situations where one mistake equals failure, areas that involve sneaking, and sequences that make you start over from the beginning if you save and quit during them. I also have a strange tendency to overlook things that are too obvious, because I'll think it's a trap, or fail to recognize the significance of it. Often, it's something that's so obvious to most people that it's not included in a walkthrough, that trips me up for months.

Last edited:

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I believe i am a very defensive player, when i am in a battle no matter what i allways keep my shield up and in OoT Nayru Love, i allways name my character Alex though that is not my name but i just like how it sounds. I allways use my bow i try to kill enemies from a distance cause i get all nervous around them (i dont know why if I am good with all the items) and puzzles are easy for me and I HATE USING WALKTROUGHS

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I'm impatient after I've played the game more than twice. I skip all of the cut scenes and stuff. But the first time or so I play I watch them all. I also look around the room when I first go in so I can come up with what I'm supposed to do. Only if I can't figure it out no matter what I do, do I use a walkthrough. If confronted with several enemies at once I usually freak out and swing wildly.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
For me, it depends. For fights with mini-bosses, bosses, or tough fights (like with iron knuckles), I tend to be almost overly careful, holding my shield up and striking when the time is right. When fighting trash, I tend to be overly impatient and will just rush into battle sword swinging. I'm pretty good at both the defensive and offensive fighting. Anyway, I'm not much of a puzzle solver, and usually either overlook small details or just plain not look around at all, and I get stuck on stupid things a lot. So I guess you could call my play style warrior-like.

B

boomerang

I love the first time playing, I try not to read anything so as not to spoil any surprises. like wallmasters coming out of nowhere and carrying you away. ten times. (I kept looking up at the ceiling and going wtf theres nothing there where are they coming from!?)
I like fighting but usually forget to use my shield or the right weapons until its too late.

i'm a very offensive player. i just HAVE to kill every enemy i see. i always dodge attacks the best i can, but i mostly focus on hitting the other person. i always dodge almost every attack from bigger enemies, but from keese and things like that i just don't bother and try to kill them before they hit me. i always use link's name. i'm pretty good at puzzles and kind of enjoy them, but i like to fight a lot more. if a dungeon is really hard, i may use a walkthrough.

Gyorg Hater

I speak fluent gibberish
I'm more of a fighter and I rarely die. I can do some puzzle solving, but usually I need a walkthrough. Bosses come easy to me... most of the time. And I always use Idiot as my name.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I try to do everything. Puzzle solving, mini games, fighting bad guys. I've often been called a treasure hunter because I'm trying to find everything along the way. I want to get to the final boss with as much stuff as I can. Especially heart pieces. For some reason, I have a lust for heart pieces in Zelda games. I'm more happy to receive a heart than the most other items. I guess it's because I know that I will get the necessary items eventually, but I could have easily passed up a heart piece. Unfortunately my attention span doesn't always hold out and if something extra is too difficult, I just skip it and move on. Thus why I have never collected all the skullutas or poes.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I am a perfectionist. I fight every single enemy, and I try and discover every single way to beat them, and I love to experiment with items on different enemies. I stray away from using guides and walkthroughs, but I love the puzzles, and I absolutely love difficulty. I get every heart piece and upgrade, occasionally even before I fight the final boss for the first time. I love exploring, and talking to every NPC and try to get out every bit of text from the game. I'm a Zelda renaissance man, in a sense.
I find you get much more enjoyment out of the game if you look into every detail the developers put into the game, and truly experience the entire game as if it were its own world.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I'm a kind of player that. Never uses or even a single peek to the game guide. After i finish the game the if i miss something that's the right time to use the game guide.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I'm a warrior I suppose .. I look forward to hand to hand battles, and use all kinds of techniques to fight whether it be using the shield or dodging via back flips or side jumps & then countering. I also mix in deku nuts, and sometimes a quick bow & arrow shot. I usually don't spend a whole lot of time with sidequests except in MM since sidequests are the more prominent theme, and I tend to avoid getting many extra life hearts, if any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom