• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Graphics Do YOU Want?

What kind of graphics would you like the most in Zelda Wii?

• Photo Realism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cel Shading

• Realistic Cel Shading

• I don't care

• Total voters

octorok74

TETTAC
I would like to have the photo realism option. Having the game look real helps me walk in the main character's shoes, or in Link's case boots. Also, enemies just look cooler when they are made to look real.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Nothing too realistic (Realism doesn't fit with Zelda, IMO. I didn't really like the graphics in TP for this reason), but also nothing too cel-shaded (as much as I love the graphics). This needs to find a nice balance. Super Mario Galaxy has amazing graphics, and if the new Zelda looked something like that I'd be amazed. Or like someone said: MM graphics. If they could bring back those graphics and just improve upon them, I think it would be the best thing ever.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, I like the realistic cel shading option looks the best, it makes the mario games look great. I would like to see how it would look in the game. But hopefully they will make a good job of it.

O

OceanaOfTime

I am not a fan of photorealism. And i really do not think it would work for Legend of Zelda. I like a kind of Majora's Mask mixed with Ocarina feel. Lol, I hope that Nintendo stays away from more Toon Link. It's so hard to take seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Master Kokiri 9 said:
Photorealism being the first. This is what Nintendo chucked at us in TP, an example of which being this. This is what we're most likely to recieve in Zelda Wii, seeing as it has probably been in development for years now and the concept art we got last year was in that same style.

Photorealism is what I would like to see, actually. But given the capabilities of the Wii, or lack thereof, I don't think it would be possible.

Twilight Princess wasn't what I would call "photorealistic". The models themselves weren't that hi-poly, and the eyes were unrealistically large. I'm not saying this (save for the latter) is a problem, it just wasn't photorealism. But again, the Wii can't really handle photorealism.

I think a Cel-Shading more in the style of Borderlands would be nice. Of course it would probably have to be toned down to work on the Wii, but still. I'd prefer that over Twilight Princess, which was somewhere between realistic, and being like a cartoon with the large eyes, etc.

Well, based on my info on my thread "New Info On Zelda Wii" Link travels through time. It would be simply mind-blowing if each game he went to while time traveling he was suddenly shown in that games graphics

Steve

5/19/13
Taking into consideration how far into development they are, this is most likely impossible unless the release date is pushed into next year, but after seeing Monster Hunter 3's stellar graphics I wouldn't mind waiting an extra year for such visuals. The balance of it with the gameplay makes it feel like a real living world, rather than the empty ones we tend to see in the Zelda games, which is something I hope they'll fix for the Wii title. I think cel shading really worked for The Wind Waker, but I really would like to see Nintendo step out of their comfort zone and create a world that makes you feel like you're really in it.

B

BigHeadLink

I think the Nintendo should focus on keeping the cartoon cel-shaded graphics on the DS. Though I like the color and brightness that it brings, so it would be nice to have the cel-shaded style with a more realistic and detailed look to it. Nintendo will probably not do this and will most likely stick to what we saw in twilight princess and the released artwork for zelda wii, except they will make it more detailed using the wii's full capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom