• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Really? Everyone I’ve met loves her.
then you've come to a safe haven

the reason why I think the legend of zelda or oracle of seasons/ages would make the best anime adaptations (besides their already anime-esque artsyles} is b/c there isn't a lot going on in those games story wise, so I think there'd be a lot more creative freedom like how the castlevania netflix show uses castlevania 3 as its base, then did its own thing, and eventually incorporating curse of darkness stuff

basically my unpopular opinion here is me preferring to see an anime adaptation of one of these games instead of the popular games like ocarina of time, wind waker, twilight princess, etc., b/c an adaptation of those would just be retelling the story from those games which I would find a bit dull, base it on something like oracle of seasons which has an outline but lacks a story so there's more room for creative freedom, like the castlevania show did

Last edited:

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
Guns in Zelda could actually work. I mean, bows are basically guns and some guns maybe could be short-range weapons, so...

then you've come to a safe haven

the reason why I think the legend of zelda or oracle of seasons/ages would make the best anime adaptations (besides their already anime-esque artsyles} is b/c there isn't a lot going on in those games story wise, so I think there'd be a lot more creative freedom like how the castlevania netflix show uses castlevania 3 as its base, then did its own thing, and eventually incorporating curse of darkness stuff

Why not ALttP? It's popular enough to grab newcomers, hardcore, and casual fans alike, yet not oversaturated to the point that OoT is. It also has Ganon, the Triforce, the Master Sword and all the other things that people associate with the franchise at large, and it has interesting lore while having enough room for the story to expand beyond the game, and explore characters like the priest, Link's uncle and Sahasrahla more indepth.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Why not ALttP? It's popular enough to grab newcomers, hardcore, and casual fans alike, yet not oversaturated to the point that OoT is. It also has Ganon, the Triforce, the Master Sword and all the other things that people associate with the franchise at large, and it has interesting lore while having enough room for the story to expand beyond the game, and explore characters like the priest, Link's uncle and Sahasrahla more indepth.
actually yeah, it'd probably lean into the oracles anyway and eventually link's awakening to round out that whole saga, my mind always goes to the oracles b/c of their fantastic artwork and seasons having virtually no story, so they can fill it w/ whatever they want

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I think that's a good idea, more than any other visual media adaptation ideas I've heard

myself I've always thought that the first zelda would make a really good movie, if you just copy pasted the plot. A lot of the og artwork from the manual gives a sense of adventure that I'd love to see captured in a princess-bride-esque movie adaptation

actually yeah, it'd probably lean into the oracles anyway and eventually link's awakening to round out that whole saga, my mind always goes to the oracles b/c of their fantastic artwork and seasons having virtually no story, so they can fill it w/ whatever they want

Oracles Link is no longer ALttP/LA Link, but I guess since this show would be a separate canon from the games, they can make those Links the same in that universe, but meh...

I think that LA would be really cool, as a followup after the ALttP portion of the show. The moral dilemma regarding Koholint would be interesting to explore in a show.

Last edited:
I think that, for every fantasy world to succeed the test of time, it has to have it's lore written out before hand. I believe this to be true for Tolkien's Middle Earth, Miyazaki's Dark Souls, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls, and soon George Martin's Eldin Ring. Of course, I believe this to be true for Zelda.

Mikey the Moblin

I think that, for every fantasy world to succeed the test of time, it has to have it's lore written out before hand. I believe this to be true for Tolkien's Middle Earth, Miyazaki's Dark Souls, Bethesda's Elder Scrolls, and soon George Martin's Eldin Ring. Of course, I believe this to be true for Zelda.
worldbuilding generally comes first in any industry game

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Tentalus in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword looks so unthreatening at first glance, seriously for a kraken medusa sea monster that starts off by destroying the dungeon and ending as calamari or takoyaki, why the hell did it have to look like something out of Monsters, Inc.?

Mikey the Moblin

Tentalus in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword looks so unthreatening at first glance, seriously for a kraken medusa sea monster that starts off by destroying the dungeon and ending as calamari or takoyaki, why the hell did it have to look like something out of Monsters, Inc.?
this is the wrong thread

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Guns in Zelda could actually work. I mean, bows are basically guns and some guns maybe could be short-range weapons, so...
I do not believe that one bit, seriously archery is a lot different than shooting a firearm. If anything the only trigger based weapon should be a possible crossbow (Which reminds me of a slightly non-canon game for the Wii using the same graphics as a canon game ported to the Wii) Hookshot and or clawshot.

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
I do not believe that one bit, seriously archery is a lot different than shooting a firearm. If anything the only trigger based weapon should be a possible crossbow (Which reminds me of a slightly non-canon game for the Wii using the same graphics as a canon game ported to the Wii) Hookshot and or clawshot.
look dude i just want guns in zelda nothing more to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom