• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Shooter Game?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I'm not really into shooter games but there's one that I do like. I don't know if I should call that a shooter game cause you shoot but you don't shoot bullets or lasers, I'm talking about Portal, that's a pretty awesome game.
That's the only one I really like, if thats not a shooter game so apparently I don't like any shooter game.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Mine's gotta be Perfect Dark for the N64 (NOT the 360's Perfect Dark, I didn't care for it at all), with Halo being a close 2nd. And as far as 3rd person shooters, Max Payne by a landslide.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
For FPS games, GoldenEye 64 most definitely. It was the only one I had ever liked when I was younger, and there's still not many that I like even now.
For any shooter than it would be Resident Evil 4. As soon as I saw that game I fell in love with it and just had to get it.

Sin & Punishment, with StarFox64 at close second. I never cared for FPS', because the only one I ever played was Wild Gunman, but I will admit Metroid Prime Trilogy is pretty good.

Zarom

The King
My favourite FPS game is definitely Perfect Dark on the N64. That game was awesome and it had everything a shooter should have. Also, the multiplayer was incredibly awesome. I don't really count the Metroid Prime as shooters, but eh, maybe that's just me.

Other than that, I've never really liked any other FPS game (with the exception of Goldeneye 007). I've played some others, but none of them felt really special to me. They're pretty much all the same thing.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Shooters vary in type, so I definitely count Metroid Prime (trilogy) as a FPS, with action/adventure elements. There aren't really that many "pure" FPS titles out there. Most have other elements. It's pretty much an FPS/FPA hybrid, so I definitely count is as one of my favorite FPS (Metroid Prime Trilogy version over Echoes and Corruption Trilogy versions). Goldeneye 007 is still one of my favorites. One of the most incredible games. Ever. FPS would not be what it is today without it. Perfect Dark... I enjoyed it a lot, but I never really got attached to it. I also really enjoy Call of Duty (except WaW), but I prefer Medal of Honor over CoD any day. I'm so happy a new Medal of Honor is coming out.

Others... Gears of War. I freakin' love Gears. Can't wait for Gears 3! And... omg, Jet Force Gemini was such an amazing game. Memorable in so many ways. I only wish it'd be remade or given a sequel. And, I guess you can count Resident Evil 4 and 5 shooters... honestly, I hated 4 and think the play style didn't fit it at all. Resident Evil 5, however, I really, really like as long as its co-op (otherwise, the horrible partner AI is enough to make me want to snap the disc in half).

....shooters are probably my favorite type of game. It's hard to name a number one favorite of all of them... I guesss.... mmm...nnn...aaaugh, I don't know! Ikaruga, maybe? That game is.. insane.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Resident Evil 5, however, I really, really like as long as its co-op (otherwise, the horrible partner AI is enough to make me want to snap the disc in half).

I agree. I haven't played any of the previous Resident Evil games before, so 5 was my first I tried from this series which wasn't bad at all. My sister and I first played through the storyline and then we did the mercenaries mode together which was fun even though I was literally gripping the controller because I was scared of the enemies lol. But, anyway it was good and my favorite character to use is Jill. I have yet to try lost in nightmares, and mercanaries reunion though, but I know one things for sure. I won't be doing these stages alone. :p

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I enjoy playing GRAW (Ghost Recon). I basically play that game online, my brothers got me hooked and now they can't beat me. We play every other night and then with friends and stuff, it gets crazy. :P I never finished the game nor have I really tried out the campaign mode, maybe one of these days I will give it a shot.

Kybyrian

It comes and goes... right now my favorite shooter is Modern Warfare 2, probably soon to be taken by Call of Duty: Black Ops. Lord knows that it will probably be taken by the next Call of Duty game to come out after that, too.

✖J◎$Ⓗ⊥∧M0Ⓝ$⊥@✖

I've played alot of shooters but most of them were for pre-historic systems or the PS3 honestly I have a 3-way tie

Call of Duty:World at War's Zombies
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Resident Evil 5

RE5 RULZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom