• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is Ghirahim? Theories

My theory:
Maybe Hylia (or the Old Goddesses even) tried to use Demise as their hero, and maybe he even played along until he defeated whoever it was. After that, Demise's lust for power and control took over and he became what we see today. It was mentioned earlier that Demise's sword does have the Triforce engraved on it. Maybe Hylia/Old Goddesses learned their lesson from Demise and made a new set of rules as to how the hero will be chosen from then on.

A

Axion

My theory:
Maybe Hylia (or the Old Goddesses even) tried to use Demise as their hero, and maybe he even played along until he defeated whoever it was. After that, Demise's lust for power and control took over and he became what we see today. It was mentioned earlier that Demise's sword does have the Triforce engraved on it. Maybe Hylia/Old Goddesses learned their lesson from Demise and made a new set of rules as to how the hero will be chosen from then on.
Observe how Demise's sword features an upside down Triforce (which I believe is to imply evil), akin to how an upside down cross is used in modern times to imply satanism.
Demise's Sword Link
If you look up the Master Sword, you'll see the bottom of the Triforce is parallel to the sword's hilt.
Master Sword Link

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Axion

So he's basically the anti-Christ. Much better...[/QUOTE
That's not how I'd word it, but that's what I'm thinking the concept is. They didn't put an upside down Triforce on his sword by accident.

One more thing... If Fi is genderless, is Ghirahim also genderless?

Firstly, it's nearly indisputable that Ghirahim is as much a sword spirit as Fi. He calls himself a "weapon" in all red, he has many design similarities to Fi, he transforms into a sword for a brief moment just before his final battle with Link, then he enters said sword just like Fi enters the Master Sword.

Now as for whether Fi is simply a "program" or a spirit or a faery? I think she's all of the above. I've shown elsewhere that there's the possibility that the three dragons' spirits become the Light Spirits, but it's also curious that the Light Spirits only occupy fountains, and you hear the Great Faery themes when talking to them... So perhaps there's not so much a difference between "spirit" and "faery"? And so, perhaps Fi is both. And by extention, so is Ghirihim.

A

Axion

In my opinion, Fi has displayed far too many human attributes to be a "program".

Pen

The game is on!
I think that some point at the beginning of time two equally powerful swords were created, each housing a spirit. The spirits were Fi and Ghirahim. Somehow Ghirahim became evil and joined forces with Demise by becoming his sword and calling him "Master". By doing this Ghirahim also got the privilege of changing form (into what we see in the game). Fi didn't get a "Master" until a lot later when she started working with Link.

So what I'm trying to say now is that I think there were originally two Master Swords (with kind of similar spirits) but one of the swords fell into evil hands and was used against the other. Just my theory.

Ganondork

goo
Ghirahim it seems is composed of many things that make Fi, he's basically a proverbial "Dark Fi" in a sense. However, if you noticed, Demise pulled the sword out of Ghirahim as opposed to Fi appearing from the Master Sword. But it's obvious that these two are not of the same group. Fi was created by Hylia to aid the chosen hero - Link in this case - and Ghirahim is part of the Demon Horde. Ghirahim is undoubtedly not made by the Goddess, and his mannerisms are not at all similar to that of Fi's. He is emotionally unstable whereas Fi is robotic and lacks any real emotion. I think from this we can conclude that although made similar, the two were created by opposing forces; perhaps Ghirahim was made by Demise himself.

Now, I think we should take a step back and compare the two swords, Fi and Ghirahim.

450px-Master_Sword.bmp.png

This is the True Master Sword, received upon defeating the Imprisoned for the second time. Take notice of the Triforce emblem imbued into the bottom of the blade. This is a very well-known thing on the Master Sword; it has been imprinted upon the sword since Ocarina of Time. A yellow gemstone is also found on the handle right before the blade itself. The blue of the handle and the white of the blade mesh together perfectly; distinguishing both parts of the sword but creating an ornate and decorative design to the sword. The sides of the handle that jut out curve up slightly and have three small parts connected to each other; small lines separating them all.

sosm4z.jpg

And then there is Demise's blade. Take notice of the similarities between it and the True Master Sword. A Triforce symbol is also placed onto the blade. In contrast to the Master Sword's yellow gem, Demise's "Anti-Master Sword" has a red gemstone, giving it a much more sinister look than the Master Sword could ever appear. Unlike the Master Sword, the colors of the handle and the blade mesh together, creating a sword that appears to just be a blade. The blood-red is a contrast to the Master Sword's blue. The connected lines on the jutted ends of the handle in Demise's sword are more prominent and are only connected around their base; making them appear almost like claws. The smoothness of the Master Sword's blade is lost with Demise's. Jagged edges create a threatening-looking blade that looks painful just to touch.

Now, these two swords have opposite ends of the spectrum in their design choices, but they are very similar, quite like Fi and Ghirahim are. Like the two sword entities, they have their similarities and their obvious differences. I would never say either the blade nor their spirits are created by the same force. Perhaps Ghirahim was created by Demise to act as his blade, but gave it a life of its own in the event of Demise being defeated like he inevitably was.

Fi's creation was to aid Link, so why can't Ghirahim be created to aid Demise? It seems Demise contains God-like power, able to badly wound Hylia. Even his sword is powerful enough to do great damage to the Water Dragon. I don't see who else aside from Demise could even forge such a powerful weapon. Hylia would never create such a deranged adversary that could snap so easily and go on a rampage of sorts - perhaps that's why she made Fi so emotionally inept.

Ghirahim being created by Demise would make sense why Ghirahim called him Master. If you noticed, when Ghirahim bowed before Demise - I believe Fi curtsied at Link, calling him Master when she first met him - and called him Master, it was highlighted in blue, which was never done before in the game. There's significant reason why that happened; he's his Master because Demise is his creator. Demise's great power with Ghirahim is almost unnatural. It's as if Ghirahim was created for him, and perhaps Ghirahim actually was. Ghirahim didn't pursue Zelda for any reason other than to capture her. Had he not needed to resurrect Demise, Ghirahim would have never even looked at Zelda twice. She would have been useless to him.

Now I'm thinking maybe Demise is one of the gods. He didn't seem too concerned with possessing the Triforce. He may have mentioned it, but not too worried about. Like it'd be nice to have, but not necessary. He seemed pretty confident that he could get what he wanted without it. Then there's the fact that he basically defeated Hylia before she found a way to seal him up for a while. I don't know. I guess it'll have to wait for the next prequel--The Legend of Zelda: Rise and Fall of Demise, lol (not the best sub-title, but whatever).

A

Axion

Now I'm thinking maybe Demise is one of the gods. He didn't seem too concerned with possessing the Triforce. He may have mentioned it, but not too worried about. Like it'd be nice to have, but not necessary. He seemed pretty confident that he could get what he wanted without it. Then there's the fact that he basically defeated Hylia before she found a way to seal him up for a while. I don't know. I guess it'll have to wait for the next prequel--The Legend of Zelda: Rise and Fall of Demise, lol (not the best sub-title, but whatever).
Demise is without a doubt an immortal of some sort. In my opinion, Demise hated the goddesses, but was not entirely resentful to Hylia... I remember him saying Hylia in her true form was magnificent, which isn't a very villainous thing to say.

B

BestAlero

It's directly stated that Fi was created after the battle with Demise. Since Ghirahim was around before Fi, it's only logical to say Fi was based off of Ghirahim.
That was refering to the original battle against Demise only spoke of in the game, not the one you actually play through.

Please people this isn't even needed to have theories towards... Ghirahim is to the blade of Demise as Fi is to the master sword, The models are exactly the same, they both literally are either stated or turn god dam into a sword in front of your eyes. Then knowing Nintendo/Zelda it's safe to say they were created around similar times the good without bad motif has always been simply placed in balance, just as Demise says there will be one like him for every Hero the same went with Fi and Ghirahim with the swords.

A

Axion

Fi is the spirit of the Master Sword.

Ghirahim is the spirit of the Demise Sword AND a vessel within which the physical manifestation of the sword is carried.

D

DaphnesNohansen

I personally think in the epic battle between Hylia and Demise was had been fought with Fi and Ghirihim. Ghirahim was Demise's weapon while Fi was Hylia's. Which explains why Fi is referred to as The Goddess Sword in the beginning of the game. Which means that Fi and Ghirahim are just as Hylia and Demise. Hylia and Demise are both divine beings in the game the same amount of power but complete opposites one good and one evil. And i think that is what Fi and Ghirahim are, both very powerful spirits created and used by a divine being but one good and one evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom