• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do to Relax or Sooth Yourself

1. Watch Anime
  2. Draw
  3. Write
  4. Listen to calm music
  5. Obsessive-compulsively organize and clean everything in sight.

I generally go out for a walk if I want to relax. If I just need to calm myself down for any reason then I just run and run until my whole body aches and I can no longer breathe without each intake of breath being painful. I do that so that it forces me to slow everything down and just pass out in my room from exhaustion and think of nothing. I find it comforting, but I guess not everyone would. But just for normal days to sooth myself, it will just be a walk in my woods. Another thing I do if I want to relax is to drink cherry juice. ♥ Cherries have melatonin, which helps to make you a little sleepier – and so, relaxed – and then, the fact that cherries are among my most favorite of fruits also helps to sooth me and make me happy. Heehee… I’m actually drinking some right now. :>

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
What do I do to relax myself? Well, first and foremost I'll more than likely read something. It can be either some fanfiction online, a book I have in my hands, or a magazine. Reading let's me take my mind off of stuff and focus intently on what it is I'm reading.

Also another thing I tend to do sometimes is, of course, play video games. It does the same thing like a piece of writing does, it makes me focus on what's going on in the game instead of me.

Daydreaming is another thing I tend to do to relax myself. I let myself drift off to other worlds, most of the time I do this to compose my own stories or fanfictions in my head or to figure out how I'm going to make something work in one of my stories, etc.

The last things I really do that help me relax is writing and drawing. Writing allows me to focus on the characters and situations that I'm writing about and since I'm really nitpicky about things when I write I can get really into it at times. Drawing allows me to focus on what is I'm drawing, be it a character out of my head, a sketch of something, or my attempts to draw from real life and like my writing is, I'm really nitpicky about that too. :P

And I think that's about it. If there's anything else I've missed, I'll add it when I think about it. :)

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I think, I either play video games, listen to music, search random things on the internet, or watch TV, and no matter what I'm doing I am usually more thinking than actually doing the activity.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I listen(and this is sad but it works) to Zelda music. I listen to different music depending on the situation.
Anger/Discomfort- The Lumpy Pumpkin(It's really comforting. Sounds like home to me.)
Sadness-Fi's Theme(Fight fire with fire)
Nervous- Faron Woods (It gives me confidence. I don't know why?)

These methods are very effective for me especially when paired with either a walk in the woods or sitting in a dark room. This method always works for me. May seem strange but it is extremely effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom